Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

2017 offseason 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:50 pm

So with the offseason a week away from beginning, some Raider notes:

- Latavius Murray is hitting the FA market. What with us always trying to replace him, he's going out to see what his value truly is. He could come back, but I'd bet we've seen the last of Latavius as a Raider.

- on the RB front, two big names have no current team: Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles. Either one could be the lead back here, but both have significant injury and age concerns

- Dontari Poe and Sylvester Williams (both NT/DTs) have hit the market as well. Poe is an athletic freak from KC but doesnt get the counting stats. Williams is a big DT from Denver, though they declined his 5th year option. Both are worth a look. Dan Williams' fat azz should be cut in the offseason, and McGee might not be back either.

- Should we pay out for someone like AJ Bouye? We'll have enough money to make a run at someone like him, if we want. Elite DB. But we'd probably have to cut someone like Sean Smith to make it happen.

- Tony Jefferson might be a great fit at SS, shifting Joseph to FS full-time. Remains to be seen what he'll command

- Our lone weak spot on the OL, RT, could be filled via draft (I'd wager so) but we also could go after someone like Rick Wagner from BAL.

- Cordarelle Patterson as our WR#3 anyone?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2017 offseason 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 2, 2017 2:26 pm

Adrian Peterson is "intrigued" by playing for us next year.. hmm. Maybe? I wouldnt give him more than a 1 year, 5m deal though
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Mar 4, 2017 3:38 pm

My thoughts:

- Let LaTavius walk. I think Richard and DeAndre are coming along just fine.

- I don't think we need to sign another back. But if Charles comes here at a good number why not? We have enough depth to survive him getting hurt again. He seems like the better fit as well. AP has an ego, still thinks hes elite, not a good pass catcher, and has fumbled in nearly every big game he's played in.

- Yes to Williams being cut. IIRC PFF wasnt kind to Poe last season. I'd certainly replace Dan Williams with him but I'd pay Poe but if he's looking for elite NT money/ years because of his 2012/2013? Nothnx.

- We need to sign Rick Wagner.

- Even if we sign Rick Wagner, we need to draft a tackle soon. Penn's 33 and cracked his knee cap last year.

- Tony Jeff shoulda been signed last offseason. "pro-bowler" Reggie Nelson has to go.

- CP84 as a PR/KR only.....Kenny Stills is available, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey.
- BTW...Martellus Bennett?
- Alterraun Verner is available

Needs overall:
RT
MLB
CB

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#4 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 4, 2017 9:04 pm

Yeah, we def need to get a interior pass rush whether that is a DT or a ILB/MLB.

Also depth on the Oline for/just in case of injuries & yeah improve on the secondary as well.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:12 pm

Rumor is that AP is more interested in us than we are in him. Makes sense, no reason for us to pay top dollar for a RB that likely splits some time.

Calais Campbell (DE) and Brandon Williams (DT) are interesting potential adds though
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,005

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:15 am

^
His father is saying that his two teams are us and Seattle.
I honestly believe it's New England.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:38 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Latavius Murray will visit the Seahawks.
It's Murray's first-known visit. Although Murray has settled in as a bit of a grinder, he'd help bring stability to a backfield that relied way too much on rookies and injury cases last season. Murray, though hardly someone you would call a pass catcher, can do so in a pinch.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by FNQ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:51 pm

HMFFL wrote:ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Latavius Murray will visit the Seahawks.
It's Murray's first-known visit. Although Murray has settled in as a bit of a grinder, he'd help bring stability to a backfield that relied way too much on rookies and injury cases last season. Murray, though hardly someone you would call a pass catcher, can do so in a pinch.

He's gone. I know its leaked a million times already but I've heard often and loudly that the Raiders wont bring him back unless its a very team friendly deal, mainly because he's 235 lbs of pillowcase. Tap him and he falls over.

I would expect the Raiders to pursue hammers like Eddie Lacy, LeGarrette Blount, AP (though tepidly because rumor is he still thinks he's a premiere back), and even low value guys like Alfred Morris or Jeremy Hill.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Reggie must feel like we've got to the point where we can finally Green Bay our way through the offseason and not touch FA.
A lot of important chess pieces are off the board.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Good riddance to Malcolm Smith as well.
More addition by subtraction. We can do better than him at the position and I'm not even sure we have to try that hard to do so.

Less enthusiastic about Rivera and McGloin leaving but I'm not in ANY WAY crying about them hitting the door.
Martellus Bennett + Clive would work just fine to me.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by FNQ » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Reggie must feel like we've got to the point where we can finally Green Bay our way through the offseason and not touch FA.
A lot of important chess pieces are off the board.

Vic Tafur saying that Reggie has a price in mind and that FAs are going way above it. I'm fine with that, we have no glaring weakness that absolutely has to be addressed. We can find value players on day 3 and beyond

I'd personally love to see Donta Hightower man the middle for us, even though he's freaking enormous for a ILB. Also like the idea of Kendricks from PHI paired with Perry Riley. Both are still available.

But tons of non-crazy-contract talent still available: Hightower, Kendricks, L Guy, Poe, AP, Charles, Lacy, Blount, Kendall Wright (perfect for our slot, btw), B Quick, Boldin, Martellus Bennett, Jared Cook, Beachum, Clady, Vollmer, A Okafor, Chris Long, Hankins, B Logan, Odrick, Zach Brown, K Minter, M Teo, Claiborne, B. Carr, Munnerlyn, B McDougald, TJ McDonald, JJ Wilcox..

My prediction: we'll get 2-3 of the above listing of people, and at a solid price too.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Irvin on Friday fired off tweets to New England Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower and Arizona Cardinals defensive end Calais Campbell, advising the star defenders to sign with Oakland when free agency opens this Thursday.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/03/bruce-irvin-is-trying-to-recruit-donta-hightower-to-sign-with-raiders/
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#13 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Menelik and DJ gone - Reggie finally feeling comfortable and can flush his remaining draft busts.

Nate Allen gone, too - Nate Allen, after renegotiating his salary, was a big help last season in a pinch. Will we be drafting a free safety and a right offensive tackle?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 am

Taken from Rotoworld.com

Cordarrelle visits Redskins, Raiders up next

Free agent Cordarrelle Patterson visited the Redskins on Friday.
It's unclear if the Redskins are out on Patterson after signing Terrelle Pryor to a one-year deal. Patterson's market has been relatively quiet in the early going but could pick up now that many of the top wide receivers are off the board. Patterson has never put up big numbers as a receiver but he's one of the best return men in football.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:15 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Menelik and DJ gone - Reggie finally feeling comfortable and can flush his remaining draft busts.

Nate Allen gone, too - Nate Allen, after renegotiating his salary, was a big help last season in a pinch. Will we be drafting a free safety and a right offensive tackle?

I hate seeing any depth go and depth that we need.
However, Watson received big money.

Broncos signed OT Menelik Watson, formerly of the Raiders, to a two-year, $12.25 million contract.
He also has a $6.125M option for 2019. The Broncos needed a tackle after letting Russell Okung escape to Los Angeles. Watson logged 255 snaps for Oakland last year, mostly playing at right tackle. The Broncos have now made two big moves to beef up their line by adding Watson and former Cowboys guard Ronald Leary. Watson has had a hard time staying healthy, appearing in just 37 games since entering the league in 2013. A weak tackle market dictated that Watson would get overpaid.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#16 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 am

CP84 gives is the return guy we have never had but living near Minneapolis, the word is he wants in as a WR. I guess it wouldnt hurt to let him compete for time there. I mean when Seth isnt catching game winners, he's typically sucking.

Now we have 2 upcoming needs at the Tackle position.

Patiently Waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:23 pm

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:36 am

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:04 am

A Quality KR!!!!11
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
The #Raiders are getting a visit from #Bills FA LB Zach Brown, source said. Would be an upgrade over what they had last year.
10:19 AM - 15 Mar 2017
497 497 Retweets 741 741 likes

We need this one.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders