pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#1 » by pineappleheadindc » Sat Mar 4, 2017 4:15 pm

By popular demand.

Discuss.

(During the season, we'll do individual game threads that are shared between this board and the Wiz board. They'll work like our recent shared game thread with the Thunder. We'll start them here, then move the thread to the Skins board while leaving the shadow thread here. )
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Re: The Washington Redskins Thread 

Post#2 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Mar 4, 2017 5:19 pm

Looks like the circus is back in town. Either Bruce Allen is pulling a power play, or McClue is back on the sauce.

Either way, it doesn't look like this is tracking for a happy ending (unless you're AFM at the massage parlor).
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#3 » by Wizardspride » Sat Mar 4, 2017 6:41 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Looks like the circus is back in town. Either Bruce Allen is pulling a power play, or McClue is back on the sauce.

Either way, it doesn't look like this is tracking for a happy ending (unless you're AFM at the massage parlor).

Personally, I think it's just Bruce pulling a power play. :nonono:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#4 » by TGW » Sat Mar 4, 2017 6:50 pm

Wow...the only respectable person in that whole, entire, ridiculous front office, and they're going to run him out of town.

Typical Redskins.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#5 » by popper » Sat Mar 4, 2017 9:19 pm

I get the feeling Cousins really doesn't want to play for the skins. I'd be happy to get SF second pick in the draft and their second rounder in exchange for Cousins and our 17th pick. Does that sound fair and/or doable?
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wizardspride » Sun Mar 5, 2017 4:57 am

Read on Twitter
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#7 » by Wizardspride » Sun Mar 5, 2017 5:01 am

Read on Twitter
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#8 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 1:46 pm

popper wrote:I get the feeling Cousins really doesn't want to play for the skins. I'd be happy to get SF second pick in the draft and their second rounder in exchange for Cousins and our 17th pick. Does that sound fair and/or doable?

No, it doesn't sound fair. I think you only trade Cousins for two firsts, including one high enough to replace him. Second overall does have to be part of the deal for it to be worthwhile. DeShaun Watson is the only QB I would actually be ok with as a replacement for Cousins.

Trubisky is pretty good though.
popper
Veteran
And1: 361

Post#9 » by popper » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:02 pm

stevemcqueen1 wrote:
popper wrote:I get the feeling Cousins really doesn't want to play for the skins. I'd be happy to get SF second pick in the draft and their second rounder in exchange for Cousins and our 17th pick. Does that sound fair and/or doable?

No, it doesn't sound fair. I think you only trade Cousins for two firsts, including one high enough to replace him. Second overall does have to be part of the deal for it to be worthwhile. DeShaun Watson is the only QB I would actually be ok with as a replacement for Cousins.

Trubisky is pretty good though.

Yeah, I'd like to get two number 1's as well but I'm not sure we have the leverage to do so. If in fact we can't, and are unable to sign him, then it's either he walks after the season or we take what we can get now. I hope SF covets him enough to offer two number 1's but we shall see.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#10 » by Wizardspride » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#11 » by Wizardspride » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#12 » by Wizardspride » Sun Mar 5, 2017 6:45 pm

Read on Twitter
stevemcqueen1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,137

Post#13 » by stevemcqueen1 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 7:54 pm

I knew Rappaport was a moron and was just parroting a pipe dream that some intern in the Cowboy's front office had.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#14 » by Wizardspride » Mon Mar 6, 2017 9:23 pm

A possible Desean Jackson replacement.

Read on Twitter
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,761

Post#15 » by Rafael122 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 9:26 pm

If Jackson and Garcon are leaving, what point is there to pay Cousins $25 million next season?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#16 » by Wizardspride » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:28 am

Rafael122 wrote:If Jackson and Garcon are leaving, what point is there to pay Cousins $25 million next season?

My thought as well.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,111

Post#17 » by AFM » Tue Mar 7, 2017 3:36 am

We have to keep Jackson, lets be real fam.
I thought he wanted to stay here?

I sat next to him on a flight to LA a few weeks ago, I should have made my case
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#18 » by Wizardspride » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#19 » by Wizardspride » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 313

Post#20 » by Doug_Blew » Tue Mar 7, 2017 1:57 pm

AFM wrote:We have to keep Jackson, lets be real fam.
I thought he wanted to stay here?

I sat next to him on a flight to LA a few weeks ago, I should have made my case

You're one of those first class dudes, eh?

Return to Washington Wizards