Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#661 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:00 pm

HIF wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It's on to Swansea...

and with losses like that you can forget the title. Aim for CL.

Yeah man.....wtf?! Talk about a wasted opportunity. The next 8-9 games are MONSTERS...and we're losing to Swansea at home?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#662 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:38 am

U.G.L.Y :nonono:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#663 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:04 am

Cactus Jack wrote:U.G.L.Y :nonono:

You know what wasn't ugly? Your warriors the other day against Houston. Really good week for you guys.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#664 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Loss to Swansea...The beat-down in Atlanta...and a 49-point loss to the Mavs (franchise record, I might add).

NOT MY WEEKEND!!
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#665 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:19 pm

The team hasn't got quality british players.
Aside of sturridge(on whom you can't rely on with all these injuries) there's nobody else.
I like henderson and lallana but the team is lacking in leadership.

Plus, all the transfers in recent years that were supposed to build a stellar defense are mediocre.
Karius, lovren, sakho, matip, mignolet, moreno.

First you build the defense. Take over from there.

Oh well. In klopp we trust.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#666 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:53 am

I missed the game today. Long day at work. But the last 3-4 weeks have seen the wheels come off this team....save the impressive win against Man-City.

I don't think we are in title contention anymore....and I fear the next 8 games will see us out of European contention as well. I'm not gonna condemn the guy until the games are played of course.....but if we continue like recent form, and get wiped back down to 9th or whatever........what good did sacking Rodgers do? Very frustrating.

Let's see if we can get our old form back. Chelsea, Hull, Tottenham, Leicester, Arsenal, Burnley, Man-City, Everton. If we play the next 8 games like we've been playing recently, then you can forget about Europe.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#667 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Feb 4, 2017 7:02 pm

Much like my Lakers, the awesome start is a distant memory at this point. Reality set in instead....and it's NOT a super-coach making wine out of water....but instead it appears to have all been fools gold. Much like my Lakers, you ask if Liverpool is even "a good team" now (well....you don't have to ask that about the Lakers. They flat out suck).

Couple issues: 1) This team is paper thin. We rely on about 5 guys to be there every game...and all 5 MUST have good games, or we are a pretty average team. Your not gonna win with that. This next offseason, we need to get a couple legit defenders, and we need to get several additional players who will carry some of the load.

2) Gen Pressing....
Did the league figure it out, or did our players get too tired as the season wore on? This is an important question. You can remedy the latter by signing 2-3 additional midfielders/forwards who are actually really good...and who can play sometimes. Especially at that Jan-blockade of games. Look at us! We are gassed, and couldn't beat a junior-high team. But on the other hand.....if the league has us figured out....then it's up to Klopp to show he's more than a 1-trick pony here.

Sorry to say that last part...I know Klopp is pretty darn popular. But I'm calling it what it is: this team has sucked the last 5 weeks or so. We beat Plymouth in the FA Cup....and THATS OUR ONLY WIN SO FAR THIS YEAR!!! I mean.....come on. Klopp says "this team must not be complacent against weaker teams" <------well I call that an arrogant misread of the situation. We have 1 win in 10 games. Don't worry about so called "weaker teams"....cause there aren't any right now.

Boy I get mad at comments like that. Pure rubbish. We got 3 points out of a possible 15. The season is dunzo as far any hardware is concerned...and probably Europe (again)....and we're worried about our complacency???!! Don't buy it.

Klopps off my "hero" list now. I expect this guy to figure out how to carry a team with his schemes throughout an entire season. It was nice to have that great start....but it's meaningless now. Field a squad strong enough to get into the champions league next season, or your not good enough to coach Liverpool. Sorry bud.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#668 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:32 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Much like my Lakers, the awesome start is a distant memory at this point. Reality set in instead....and it's NOT a super-coach making wine out of water....but instead it appears to have all been fools gold. Much like my Lakers, you ask if Liverpool is even "a good team" now (well....you don't have to ask that about the Lakers. They flat out suck).

Couple issues: 1) This team is paper thin. We rely on about 5 guys to be there every game...and all 5 MUST have good games, or we are a pretty average team. Your not gonna win with that. This next offseason, we need to get a couple legit defenders, and we need to get several additional players who will carry some of the load.

2) Gen Pressing....
Did the league figure it out, or did our players get too tired as the season wore on? This is an important question. You can remedy the latter by signing 2-3 additional midfielders/forwards who are actually really good...and who can play sometimes. Especially at that Jan-blockade of games. Look at us! We are gassed, and couldn't beat a junior-high team. But on the other hand.....if the league has us figured out....then it's up to Klopp to show he's more than a 1-trick pony here.

Sorry to say that last part...I know Klopp is pretty darn popular. But I'm calling it what it is: this team has sucked the last 5 weeks or so. We beat Plymouth in the FA Cup....and THATS OUR ONLY WIN SO FAR THIS YEAR!!! I mean.....come on. Klopp says "this team must not be complacent against weaker teams" <------well I call that an arrogant misread of the situation. We have 1 win in 10 games. Don't worry about so called "weaker teams"....cause there aren't any right now.

Boy I get mad at comments like that. Pure rubbish. We got 3 points out of a possible 15. The season is dunzo as far any hardware is concerned...and probably Europe (again)....and we're worried about our complacency???!! Don't buy it.

Klopps off my "hero" list now. I expect this guy to figure out how to carry a team with his schemes throughout an entire season. It was nice to have that great start....but it's meaningless now. Field a squad strong enough to get into the champions league next season, or your not good enough to coach Liverpool. Sorry bud.

2017 has been an utter cluster**** so far. :cry:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#669 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Need today to carry over.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#670 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Need today to carry over. Much needed. Hopefully the start of a long winning streak.

Yeah....today was good. I think it's too little, too late for this season....but I think there is alot that can be done before the season ends.

We have the talent, on a game to game level. Klopp has done many many good things so far. But we're too thin to expect to maintain it for a season. We just don't have the depth for even a single one of our core to get hurt, go have international duty, or really even have a bad game. Hopefully he recognizes....and we go from here.

I do like Klopp a ton. But he's got alot of work to do still. Let's see if we can continue to grow our core. It would be nice to be able to have a couple guys go missing, without it turning us to mush.

Hey......your boy Durant took it to his old stomping grounds tonight, eh?? =0)
I didn't care for the push in the back he got when he drove to the hole. Pretty dirty. At least Durant got the last laugh.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#671 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:06 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Yeah....today was good. I think it's too little, too late for this season....but I think there is alot that can be done before the season ends.

We have the talent, on a game to game level. Klopp has done many many good things so far. But we're too thin to expect to maintain it for a season. We just don't have the depth for even a single one of our core to get hurt, go have international duty, or really even have a bad game. Hopefully he recognizes....and we go from here.

I do like Klopp a ton. But he's got alot of work to do still. Let's see if we can continue to grow our core. It would be nice to be able to have a couple guys go missing, without it turning us to mush.

Champions League is still in play. Could finish anywhere from 2-6 realistically speaking.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#672 » by HIF » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:47 am

Don't worry. Next up Leicester !
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#673 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:03 am

Ranieri gets the boot. Perfect timing. lol
HIF
RealGM

Post#674 » by HIF » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:25 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Ranieri gets the boot. Perfect timing. lol

Do you think that Fuchs, Huth and Morgan will get younger over the next few days?

Vardy and Mahrez will make up for 9 months of partying?

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#675 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:28 am

I hope Klopp is feeling the heat.

The 2nd half of this season has been completely unacceptable. It's just not acceptable at all. No way.

I wanna make it clear that I want Klopp to work out. But enough of this. He's gotta field a deeper, stronger squad next season, and turn the 2nd half around. If we go through this again next year, then yes...I hope he gets fired.

Now it's just damage control, and desperate hope we get some sort of Europe out of the season. What an utter mess.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#676 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:29 am

Cactus....hope your boy Durant is ok. Very sorry to hear about the hyperextension. Those things can hurt like the wicked bi**of the East. Let's just hope it was shock, and he's good to go.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#677 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Mar 5, 2017 10:38 pm

Well....good win yesterday.

It was interesting listening to the analyst afterwards. So basically Liverpool have 0 losses against the top-6. That doesn't seem right, but..let's say we have 1...and some ties. Point is....we've played really good against the big-boys.

Arsenal on the other hand have zero wins against the top-6. Alot of losses and ties.

And yet we're only 2 points up...and they have a game in hand.

In otherwords.....we totally gave the title away this year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#678 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:20 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Well....good win yesterday.

It was interesting listening to the analyst afterwards. So basically Liverpool have 0 losses against the top-6. That doesn't seem right, but..let's say we have 1...and some ties. Point is....we've played really good against the big-boys.

Arsenal on the other hand have zero wins against the top-6. Alot of losses and ties.

And yet we're only 2 points up...and they have a game in hand.

In otherwords.....we totally gave the title away this year.

Agreed. We should be on par with Chelsea in points. Doesn't get any easier with European games potentially next year. Missed a golden opportunity.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#679 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Mar 6, 2017 5:13 am

Cactus Jack wrote: Agreed. We should be on par with Chelsea in points. Doesn't get any easier with European games potentially next year. Missed a golden opportunity.

I really think it's our lack of depth that killed us. And like you said.....next year might bring Europe. We have to, have to, have to sign at least 2-3 more guys who will mesh, and can help pick up the slack. We can't rely on 3-4 guys to bring their A-game every single time.

That and some better D. To be fair, I think our D has stepped up in big games...and has looked a bit better as the season progressed. But we could still use some improvement no doubt.

Gotta say....Klopps goalie replacement failed, but it did succeed in lighting the fire under Mignolet's arse, that he apparently needed. I haven't seen those awkward passes to defenders that end up in a mess. He's cleaned that up. He's not goalie of the year....never will be. But he's certainly pretty good....if he'd just not make those mental goofs. That seems to have improved a ton.

Prob just jinxed his a** something fierce =0)
HIF
RealGM

Post#680 » by HIF » Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:15 pm

As an outsider I'd have to say that Liverpool have been poor tactically at times and their defence has been exposed especially their central defenders (and I realise that injuries have interferred here). Generally it's been great to watch their games as you can always expect goals but that isn't the foundation of a prem title winning team. I'm don't think that Liverpool will win a title under Klopp but the games will always be fun to watch.

Return to The General Soccer Board