ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#141 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 1, 2016 6:29 pm

Guys, do we have enough cap space to sign Joe Hayden? Looks like Claiborne and Church are out for a while. plus I don't want Hayden going to Green Bay.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#142 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 2, 2016 3:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Guys, do we have enough cap space to sign Joe Hayden? Looks like Claiborne and Church are out for a while. plus I don't want Hayden going to Green Bay.

Not with Tony on the roster we don't.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#143 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:20 pm

As far as I am concerned, the State of Cowboy Union finally looks extremely strong going forward. Never thought I would say that after 2002, lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#144 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:50 pm

I've heard and read earlier in the week that the nerve in Jaylon Smith's nerve has fired up. Very good news for our defense going into next season !
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#145 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:12 pm

DE, DT, LB, CB and a replacement for Witten. If there are none this year, take more defense.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#146 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:56 pm

This draft is deep in TE's. it's going to be interesting to see what they do if OJ Howard is there at 28. The kid is a beast of a TE.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#147 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 7, 2017 9:52 pm

Cowboy's redo Sean Lee's contract today and save 5 million in cap space !
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#148 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:48 am

Guys, I really have to admit it. I honestly believe after the suspensions are over, our defense will be a lot better than I expected. Taco is looking better, David Irvin looks real good to me and I think tapper will have a break out year. I'm hoping Lee and Smith are healthy all year. I see nothing but great things from the both of them.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#149 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:15 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Guys, I really have to admit it. I honestly believe after the suspensions are over, our defense will be a lot better than I expected. Taco is looking better, David Irvin looks real good to me and I think tapper will have a break out year. I'm hoping Lee and Smith are healthy all year. I see nothing but great things from the both of them.

I really hope you're right man. I will say that I think Maliek Collins has a huge year and I liked what I saw from Paea. I also agree that Taco had looked pretty good and if they stick with playing Irving at DT their DL has some real potential. They still need a "war daddy" as Jerry says but they do have good younger by talent. My concern is the LB's and the secondary but especially the LB's.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#150 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Guys, I really have to admit it. I honestly believe after the suspensions are over, our defense will be a lot better than I expected. Taco is looking better, David Irvin looks real good to me and I think tapper will have a break out year. I'm hoping Lee and Smith are healthy all year. I see nothing but great things from the both of them.

I'd feel better if the kids were playing in the secondary because watching Carr torch our "starters" got a little old Saturday night. Of course, the Raiders are going to be REAL good this season so there's that. The offense is going to have to carry the load those first 4 weeks. The good news is they look quite capable of doing so even if Zeke is sitting.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#151 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:39 pm

If Collins stops getting stupid penalties we would have scored a hell of a lot more points. Drive killing penalties really piss me off.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#152 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:02 pm

This thread makes me sound like a broken record year after year. Jerry's play pen is still a mess from the front office all the way down to the field once again. Yes, Elliot has a lot of growing up to do and needs to mature big time. But Jerry handed the whole Suspension situation poorly. Coaching is still a major issue with me. Many of our red flag players were also out the first 4 weeks because of suspension on top of Elliot's situation. And we still have two horrible contracts of dead money on the table.
Mr B
RealGM

State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#153 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:16 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:This thread makes me sound like a broken record year after year. Jerry's play pen is still a mess from the front office all the way down to the field once again. Yes, Elliot has a lot of growing up to do and needs to mature big time. But Jerry handed the whole Suspension situation poorly. Coaching is still a major issue with me. Many of our red flag players were also out the first 4 weeks because of suspension on top of Elliot's situation. And we still have two horrible contracts of dead money on the table.

That dead money might be more if they cut Tyrone Crawford.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#154 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:STILL REBUILDING AFTER 20 YEARS, NOT ONLY ON THE FIELD, THE COACHES AND FRONT OFFICE. ORGANIZATIONALLY, NOTHING BUT A MESS. TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK.

Found this thread from almost 3 years ago. Anything familiar?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#155 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we give up a 4th round draft choice to Buffalo for Cassell? And did we also give up a 6th rounder for Michael who is now back in Seattle? Two less players in the draft we desperately need. Thanks again Jerry for 20 years of the go all in, win now approach to everything. Wow, just wow.

Yup... smart GM work right there.

Is there any more doubt about who is the biggest cancer in our beloved franchise. :banghead:

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:
Yup... smart GM work right there.

Is there any more doubt about who is the biggest cancer in our beloved franchise. :banghead:

See the other thread...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#157 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue May 1, 2018 12:54 am

23 years since our LAST SUPER BOWL. Way too long for rebuilding. We've had more than enough time to rebuild. Why do things continue in this matter? I'm interested in EVERYONE'S thoughts why it has been 23 years since our last Super Bowl appearance? Something is just not right here.
I remember a man named Clint Murchinson who bought the Cowboys in 1960. He hired Tom Landry. Our first year we had nothing but everyone's scrubs with no draft. Our first draft was 1961. Yet being an expansion team starting from scratch and practically nothing, we manage to make it to our first NFL Championship game in 1966 and went on a 20 year streak that no one has matched (but the Patriot is extremely similar and close, so I throw them in there as well) in 59 years.
Now I don't expect the Cowboys to make the playoffs every year and go to the Super Bowl 5 times in a decade, but something is wrong with our current beloved franchise when its been 23 years and running.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue May 1, 2018 5:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:23 years since our LAST SUPER BOWL. Way too long for rebuilding. We've had more than enough time to rebuild. Why do things continue in this matter? I'm interested in EVERYONE'S thoughts why it has been 23 years since our last Super Bowl appearance? Something is just not right here.
I remember a man named Clint Murchinson who bought the Cowboys in 1960. He hired Tom Landry. Our first year we had nothing but everyone's scrubs with no draft. Our first draft was 1961. Yet being an expansion team starting from scratch and practically nothing, we manage to make it to our first NFL Championship game in 1966 and went on a 20 year streak that no one has matched (but the Patriot is extremely similar and close, so I throw them in there as well) in 59 years.
Now I don't expect the Cowboys to make the playoffs every year and go to the Super Bowl 5 times in a decade, but something is wrong with our current beloved franchise when its been 23 years and running.

Wanna know what the problem is? This is. And when I watched it Sunday night, I just shook my head. From "The Athletic"... reviewing Episode 1 of "All Or Nothing"... I will highlight the important stuff. This took place after the Broncos game. You remember the Broncos game... when you became a Chiefs fan?

Minute 48 is everything about coaching the Dallas Cowboys and why only certain people would ever take this job, despite the fact it should be the best job in the sport: The team arrived and as Jason Garrett readies to address his group, Jerry cuts in, “Coach, I want to say something before you say anything.” There it is. In a nutshell. If you ever wanted to see how Jason Garrett must work around Jerry Jones, there it is. I assume Jimmy Johnson would have lost his mind at that moment. Bill Parcells would have quit. But, the guys who work for Jerry understand, this is the job. You want to coach the Cowboys, you have to understand your authority may be undermined at any moment. You will see this all season long. It is what it is and that will never change

I rest my case.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#159 » by Mr B » Tue May 1, 2018 5:54 pm

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Until Jerry is dead we are doomed to seeing more of the same. That’s why no matter what happened with the draft and the rest of the off season I’m predicting an 8-8 season. Also Garrett will get to coach the final year of his contract next year.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#160 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue May 1, 2018 6:06 pm

Mr B wrote:I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Until Jerry is dead we are doomed to seeing more of the same. That’s why no matter what happened with the draft and the rest of the off season I’m predicting an 8-8 season. Also Garrett will get to coach the final year of his contract next year.

And I've said this before as well. Jerry will die before winning another Super Bowl. So will I.

Return to Dallas Cowboys