Mike Glennon

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,315

Mike Glennon 

Post#1 » by fleet » Tue Mar 7, 2017 6:09 pm

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,105

Re: Mike Glennon 

Post#2 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 9:52 pm

Saw something saying that the bears are the only team in the running for him. I really hope the reports of him getting 14m are false.

Let's all pray Pace follows his own words. "You can recover from the player you don't sign but not the player you do sign".
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#3 » by Susan » Tue Mar 7, 2017 9:58 pm

Pace hasn't overspent for anybody yet. Not sure why he'd start with Glennon.

All of his signings have been value adds.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#4 » by fleet » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:13 pm

Susan wrote:Pace hasn't overspent for anybody yet. Not sure why he'd start with Glennon.

That is what being on the hotseat will do to a GM. Bad reaches. I cant think of any other reason he is doing this. Bad way to run a team, under these conditions.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#5 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:53 pm

fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:Pace hasn't overspent for anybody yet. Not sure why he'd start with Glennon.

That is what being on the hotseat will do to a GM. Bad reaches. I cant think of any other reason he is doing this. Bad way to run a team, under these conditions. The only way he can make me happy now is to sign Barry as well

What makes you think he's on the hot seat
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#6 » by fleet » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:57 pm

just keep Cutler for Christ sake if this is the deal
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#7 » by fleet » Tue Mar 7, 2017 11:57 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
fleet wrote:

That is what being on the hotseat will do to a GM. Bad reaches. I cant think of any other reason he is doing this. Bad way to run a team, under these conditions. The only way he can make me happy now is to sign Barry as well

Mike Glennon
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#8 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 12:06 am

I'd be okay with giving him 7/8 mil. Anything more would be awful.

If he proves himself, then you can always renegotiate a new deal.

Still need to draft a QB.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#9 » by patryk7754 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 12:27 am

fleet wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
fleet wrote:That is what being on the hotseat will do to a GM. Bad reaches. I cant think of any other reason he is doing this. Bad way to run a team, under these conditions. The only way he can make me happy now is to sign Barry as well

Mike Glennon

Lol

I don't think he's even close to the hot seat right now. However, if he does sign Glennon to a crazy contract his seat will be higher than the devils piss. That's why I just can't fathom Pace giving Glennon that deal.

On the bright side all of our other rumored interests would be great signings.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#10 » by patryk7754 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 12:29 am

RedBulls83 wrote:I'd be okay with giving him 7/8 mil. Anything more would be awful.

If he proves himself, then you can always renegotiate a new deal.

Still need to draft a QB.

Hit it right on the nose. I'm ok with not drafting a QB this season since next drafts QB class is so deep. We'd most definitely have an opportunity to get a better QB in that draft than in this draft.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,522

Post#11 » by Dominator83 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:53 am

They really need to just cough up the necessary picks to get Groppolo. Signing Glennon would just continue their never ending trend of piece mealing the Quarterback position. Atleast when they got Cutler at the time it was a huge splash and couldn't believe it was the Bears that landed him
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#12 » by patryk7754 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 2:03 am

Dominater wrote:They really need to just cough up the necessary picks to get Groppolo. Signing Glennon would just continue their never ending trend of piece mealing the Quarterback position. Atleast when they got Cutler at the time it was a huge splash and couldn't believe it was the Bears that landed him

The price for Garoppolo has reportedly increased to at least two 1st. I'd rather just be bad another season and draft one of the very good to great QBs in next years draft.
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#13 » by Dominator83 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 3:33 am

patryk7754 wrote:
Dominater wrote:They really need to just cough up the necessary picks to get Groppolo. Signing Glennon would just continue their never ending trend of piece mealing the Quarterback position. Atleast when they got Cutler at the time it was a huge splash and couldn't believe it was the Bears that landed him

The price for Garoppolo has reportedly increased to at least two 1st. I'd rather just be bad another season and draft one of the very good to great QBs in next years draft.

The only problem with that plan is the Bears can very easily pull a Bulls: Be good enough to be just mediocre and not get a pick high enough for these QBs

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#14 » by patryk7754 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:07 am

Dominater wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:

The only problem with that plan is the Bears can very easily pull a Bulls: Be good enough to be just mediocre and not get a pick high enough for these QBs

The NFL is very different than the NBA. You can win a SB with a game manager at QB but in the NBA you need a Lebron or curry.

It's also a lot easier to draft a superstar.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#15 » by Chi town » Wed Mar 8, 2017 4:14 pm

1. Glennon is a safe bridge QB that is basically Hoyer with a deep ball.

2. Pace will probably sign him to a 2-3 year deal but with 10-14M guaranteed up front... basically a one year QB that is cheaper than Jay this season.

3. If Pace wants a QB that is worthy of the 3rd pick he can take him and let him learn the system and settle in. If Glennon shows he's legit then you have a good problem.

4. No way you overpay for Jimmy G when you can pay Glennon for basically a 1yr deal and then just sign Jimmy G next year for big money. Dont' have to waste any picks. There is NO WAY Jimmy G stays behind Brady after next season. He will want to start and be paid. Only way you get Jimmy G now is if Patriots lower their price and you send them a 2nd and 4th. Pace is being smart and patient.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#16 » by Susan » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:26 pm

Honestly, I like this. We get some stability at the QB spot and this will allow for us to draft & develop a QB without rushing him to start too early.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,955

Post#17 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Mar 8, 2017 5:30 pm

patryk7754 wrote:

But thats BB bluffing and everyone knows it .

They are in the middle of extending Brady so there is no way they can possibly extending Brady and then even consider franchising Jimmy next season . If they let him walk next year they get a compensatory 3rd pick at best . If someone puts a credible offer on the table the Pats have to consider taking it and it most certainly wont be 2 picks this is just the Pats looking at the current group of qbs in the draft and hoping to get some desperate .

Pace chasing Glennon would guarantee hes gone next season along with Fox . hes better off resigning Hoyer and further strengthening the rest of the team . Glennons not even a bridge qb imo at this point.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Dominator83
RealGM

Post#18 » by Dominator83 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 6:03 pm

Chi town wrote:1. Glennon is a safe bridge QB that is basically Hoyer with a deep ball.

2. Pace will probably sign him to a 2-3 year deal but with 10-14M guaranteed up front... basically a one year QB that is cheaper than Jay this season.

3. If Pace wants a QB that is worthy of the 3rd pick he can take him and let him learn the system and settle in. If Glennon shows he's legit then you have a good problem.

4. No way you overpay for Jimmy G when you can pay Glennon for basically a 1yr deal and then just sign Jimmy G next year for big money. Dont' have to waste any picks. There is NO WAY Jimmy G stays behind Brady after next season. He will want to start and be paid. Only way you get Jimmy G now is if Patriots lower their price and you send them a 2nd and 4th. Pace is being smart and patient.

The only way a team is getting Jimmy is thru trade. He will be traded this offseason. Belichik always prefers to let go of someone a year early as opposed to a year late. If the Bears feel that he can be their franchise QB for the next 10 years, then no price is too high

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#19 » by fleet » Wed Mar 8, 2017 6:17 pm

: The Bills are out of the Mike Glennon sweepstakes, joining the Jets and 49ers. - John Mullin, CSN Chicago
That leaves... the Bears? If so, why is Glennon set to make $15 million per year when only one team is interested in him? It truly makes no sense, so the Bears will earn the Millen of all Millen grades if they pay that much to Glennon, who didn't even crack our NFL Top 100 Free Agent Rankings. -Walter

3/8: The deal between Mike Glennon and the Bears is "all but done." - Ian Rapoport, NFL Network
Oh, Bears... It'll be interesting to see how much Chicago is paying Glennon, considering that they were the only team interested in signing Glennon. It must be reminded that Glennon is beneath Brian Hoyer in the NFL Free Agent Quarterback Rankings. -Walter

3/6: The Bears have told Brian Hoyer that they want him back. - Jason La Canfora, CBS
Hoyer did a good job in relief of Jay Cutler prior to getting hurt. He's a great backup, as he's second in our NFL Free Agent Quarterback Rankings. He would be a better option than Mike Glennon. -Walter

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/freeagency#HXk8ETf58W1Txk6o.99
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#20 » by patryk7754 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 7:50 pm

Apparently we signed him to 3 year/14 mil deal.

Return to Chicago Bears