ImageImageImage

Kyle Shanahan needs to be fired

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Kyle Shanahan needs to be fired 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Jan 8, 2016 6:39 am

I really don't want to see this guy back. He did a horrible job in Cleveland and now he is doing a horrible job in Atlanta.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,899

Re: Kyle Shanahan needs to be fired 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 8, 2016 7:18 pm

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Jan 8, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm so pissed with Shanahan and his stupidity. The guy just doesn't know how to call Freeman's number when they are in the redzone. His dumb play calling in the red zone and lack of use of Freeman in the red zone is beyond moronic.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 8, 2016 10:37 pm

Friends of mine and I feel the same about Shanahan.
I realize we need consistency but I feel less confident about proceeding forward with him calling plays.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm not really that mad about him getting another year, despite the offense's ineptitude through that 7 game stretch in the middle of the season. I feel like Matt Ryan will be a lot more comfortable in year 2 of the system.

The stats aren't bad either, when it comes to playing football between the 20s. The Falcons led the league in time of possession, and were 2nd in 3rd down conversion percent. The problem is when we get into the redzone, as we led the league in redzone turnovers. You can't put full blame on Shanahan for that either, Matt Ryan deserves a lot of it too for his very questionable decision making.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:29 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I'm not really that mad about him getting another year, despite the offense's ineptitude through that 7 game stretch in the middle of the season. I feel like Matt Ryan will be a lot more comfortable in year 2 of the system.

The stats aren't bad either, when it comes to playing football between the 20s. The Falcons led the league in time of possession, and were 2nd in 3rd down conversion percent. The problem is when we get into the redzone, as we led the league in redzone turnovers. You can't put full blame on Shanahan for that either, Matt Ryan deserves a lot of it too for his very questionable decision making.

Yes you can. He wouldn't give it to Freeman in the redzone, and just do a bunch of BS trick plays.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ATL Boy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:07 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:I'm not really that mad about him getting another year, despite the offense's ineptitude through that 7 game stretch in the middle of the season. I feel like Matt Ryan will be a lot more comfortable in year 2 of the system.

Yes you can. He wouldn't give it to Freeman in the redzone, and just do a bunch of BS trick plays.

So Matt Ryan did nothing wrong, repeatedly throwing into double coverage?

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:03 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Yes. of course you are going to throw more into double coverage in the redzone, its a shorter field and the safeties are going to be able to double the recievers.

Freeman has good power and burst and their were alot of redzone posessions were he didn't even touch the ball. Go back to Michael Turner redzone football and punch it in!

Shanahan shouldn't be given credit for the Falcons' yards per game. He didn't do anything. All the yards that the Falcons got were just from Julio and Ryan's special ablities and talent. Shanahan is just lucky that he has the best reciever in the game to bail him out and rack up the yards.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ATL Boy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:37 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Yes. of course you are going to throw more into double coverage in the redzone, its a shorter field and the safeties are going to be able to double the recievers.

Freeman has good power and burst and their were alot of redzone posessions were he didn't even touch the ball. Go back to Michael Turner redzone football and punch it in!

Shanahan shouldn't be given credit for the Falcons' yards per game. He didn't do anything. All the yards that the Falcons got were just from Julio and Ryan's special ablities and talent. Shanahan is just lucky that he has the best reciever in the game to bail him out and rack up the yards.

Shanahan deserves his fair share of blame for sure, but to put all of the blame on him and give him absolutely no credit for the offense being able to move the ball is ridiculous.

What really ended up burying us is Matt Ryan's decision making: the pic 6 against the Colts, the pic against the Saints, the redzone interception against the Vikings ect. are all absolutely inexcusable plays to be made by a professional quarterback. All are plays which ended up costing us the game.

It also didn't help that Tevin Coleman had crucial fumbles against the Saints and Vikings, and that Mike Person had 4 fumbles credited to him, the most of any non-skill position player with James Stone adding another redzone fumble against the Saints.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,356

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:56 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kyle brings drama every place he goes.

Roddy's Agent blasts KS
Kyle's baggage recapped
Kyle's contorversies illustrated
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 8, 2016 12:04 am

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:23 am

Now Shanahan wants Freeman to run less :banghead:

Shanahan is such a bone head. His stupidity is amazing :nonono:

I don't really care how many yards Freeman gets, but in the redzone, Freeman should be the #1 option. With Freeman, Mack, and Matthews, the Falcons need to pound it in every time they are in the redzone like Michael Turner. They should look to get Freeman 25 rushing TDs this season.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:25 am

I read the article.
I had to shut my computer off and while doing so I shook my head.
I see no reason for Freeman to be slowed down at all.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:45 am

Don't know what the big deal is with wanting to cut down some of Freeman's carries. He's still the first option, but we have a 3rd round high upside RB on the team too. Getting 350+ carries, in addition to all of the touches he gets from receptions will burn Freeman out at a young age. I'd rather use Coleman (provided he gets the fumbling under control) to help extend Devonta's career.

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:49 pm

I was wrong about Shanahan coming into this year, but his play calling on the last drive in the Super Bowl was just historically, honorably stupid.

Up 8 in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, i really wasn't worry, i was just telling my buddy, "Falcons just need to kill the clock and get a field goal and Falcons will be fine". This is not hindsight, but I was thinking to myself, if I was Shanahan, i would just do normal play calling until the Falcons got inside the 30 yard line, then I would just call 3 running plays (maybe one shot gun play, QB running QB keeper, with the option to throw the ball away) and then just kick the field goal.

Falcons march down the field and Julio makes an amazing catch, get inside the 30. I like the hand off to Freeman. At that time, i was like good, just do that two more times, kill the clock and kick the field goal. Then Shanahan calls two passing plays that were not in the shot gun formation, which was just horribly stupid

I have no idea why Shanahan was so dumb. Both a field goal and touch down keeps it a two score game for the Falcons, with the field goal, the Falcons go up 11, with a touch down, the Falcons go up 15. In both cases, New England needs two touchdowns.

If going up 11 or 15 doesn't change what New England needs to win, then why the HELL not just kill the clock with 3 running plays and kick the field goal.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 5:07 pm

This is why people from Atlanta hate their sports teams. I don't plan to watch the Falcons next season, I don't care if they make the super bowl next year, i don't even care if they win it, because they will never be true champions. This was just a pathetic performance and shows how mentally weak the whole team is.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 8, 2017 1:58 am

^
I understand why you intend on not watching. The loss hurt, dearly, but it wasn't just Shanhan's fault. I blame all the coaching staff and every player that plays both side of the ball.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Just change the name on the thread and recycle this bad bay with the same sentiment...

RealGM Wiretap wrote:The Atlanta Falcons have confirmed Steve Sarkisian will return as offensive coordinator next season.Sarkisian replaced Kyle Shanahan as offensive coordinator and the Falcons' offense regressed from 2016.“Placing blame on one person would be wrong in this instance... if this was about one person, that decision would’ve already been made,” said Dan Quinn.
Wiretap

Hopefully he makes the same kind of jump in year 2 play calling that Kyle did.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#19 » by macd-gm » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Ugh. Shanahan had the offense clicking in year two to be sure, but they continued to suffer from late game ineptitude. Everyone forgets because the offense racked up monster numbers but what we saw in the super bowl was pretty familiar. In the regular season we had just usually built a big enough lead not to lose in the end. We were terrible at putting the ball in the end zone in the 4th quarter.
Sark seemed to make no adjustments at all as the season went on despite a seriously underperforming offense. If he didn't fix anything during the season, it's hard to imagine that he's going to come out with something that much different next year.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#20 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Falcons