Frank Jackson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Frank Jackson 

Post#1 » by jrob23 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 4:56 am

What does everyone think of him? I've been skeptical of him being a PG because of his handle and defense. But seeing him these last two games being ultra aggressive with Grayson out/dinged up and he's giving me Jamal Murray vibes. So...not really a traditional PG maybe...more like an attacking one a la Harden, Fultz and Murray. Great athlete, quick fist step, and nice looking shot. Too bad he's not a little taller. This was a really impressive performance. He was unstoppable. I was kinda blown away as I hadn't seen that before from him. Seems like coach lit a fire under him. I literally wrote him off as a prospect early in the season but I'll happily admit I was wrong.

My advice would be to get in better shape, improve handle, and focus on defense and he's a sure fire late lottery to mid 20s pick in 2018. But if he goes off in the tournament, could he, if he chose to, get drafted in the 1st THIS year?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Frank Jackson 

Post#2 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 1, 2017 5:37 am

I was super high on him coming into the season and expected a pretty good year from him with all the talent Duke had around him. Still needs to learn to play the position but the skill is there. Strong, athletic, good shooter, and has shown to be a good defender at times this year.

I still love the kid but I expect him to stay in school.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#3 » by Upperclass » Wed Mar 1, 2017 6:00 am

As stated in the draft thread. To me, hes a top 3 talent in 2017, and will likely be coaxed out by a lottery team. I think he enters the draft, and ends up top 8, if not higher. He's almost like a reincarnation of Jay Williams, with an even better perimeter shot.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#4 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 6:03 am

I think he is going to be a perfect PG prospect if you already have a ball dominant player on your team that is not a PG. I dont think hes ever going to be a great facilitator but I think he will end up being a real solid secondary facilitator. He makes some freshman defensive lapses but he is still one of Duke's better defensive players (not saying much I know) and he has good potential on that side. He reminds be a lot of former Blue Devil Jay Williams. Very confused on why K hasnt been unleashing Frank since the start of the season. Lots of rumors around the team that he has told Frank to not attack as much and be more passive. If true I have no clue what K was thinking. The Frank of tonight and basically the last two games is the Frank Ive been waiting to see.

Offensively he is very strong, has tremendous body control and is very explosive and that first step in pretty damn quick. All the talk around the program is he is going to return and that was the plan the entire time unless he was going to get drafted in the Lotto. I think that will be a very smart move for him. I said this in another thread but damn as a Duke fan am I hoping to see a Duval/Frank back court next year at Duke. Those guys would be a very explosive back court for Duke.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by No-Man » Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:35 am

He can be a better version of all those off-ball PGs because of his sheer size and athleticism, I think he is really raw esp on defense but tries hard when his man has the ball, needs to improve otherwise, should stay at Duke another year honestly.
His vision isnt there, I think next season they'd play him as a lead guard more and then we will see if he can do at least some there.

Compared to a guy like Andrew Jones, similar profile, from Texas, I would say Jones has better instincts as a PG, ultimately I would pick Frank somewhere in the 2nd half of the 1st if he declares, but I think he can jump into the lotto if he comes back.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#6 » by akhan786 » Wed Mar 1, 2017 7:50 pm

Upperclass wrote:As stated in the draft thread. To me, hes a top 3 talent in 2017, and will likely be coaxed out by a lottery team. I think he enters the draft, and ends up top 8, if not higher. He's almost like a reincarnation of Jay Williams, with an even better perimeter shot.

Top 3 talent this year??? Sorry I will have to disagree with that (Duke fan here). I think he could go top 10 next year because pairing him with potentially Duval in the backcourt would be perfect for him to be the scoring guard he is naturally suited for.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Upperclass » Thu Mar 2, 2017 12:01 am

^^ not drafted in the top 3. When all is said and done..Even if he's taken 30th.. could be a top 3 TALENT from this draft
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:48 pm

Lol the fact that Frank wasn't starting from day 1 and for some reason was only getting about 15 minutes a game for like a 3 week streak in February just doesn't make any sense to me, unless K was trying to hide him and make sure Frank would be back next year.

Frank has now started the last 4 games and has shown why he was in the top 10 in this class. Frank has looked really good since becoming a starter. He has a great mix of quickness, explosiveness at the rim and shooting that you gotta love his potential.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 8, 2017 10:54 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Lol the fact that Frank wasn't starting from day 1 and for some reason was only getting about 15 minutes a game for like a 3 week streak in February just doesn't make any sense to me, unless K was trying to hide him and make sure Frank would be back next year.

Frank has now started the last 4 games and has shown why he was in the top 10 in this class. Frank has looked really good since becoming a starter. He has a great mix of quickness, explosiveness at the rim and shooting that you gotta love his potential.

See man. Now I don't feel so crazy.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:00 pm

Marcus wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Lol the fact that Frank wasn't starting from day 1 and for some reason was only getting about 15 minutes a game for like a 3 week streak in February just doesn't make any sense to me, unless K was trying to hide him and make sure Frank would be back next year.

I know you were with me and was pretty high on Frank before the season. I don't know if you were as high as me but I thought there was the main 3 guys then I had Frank in the same tier as Fox.

I've made it known here but K this year has driven me crazy with what he has done with this team. Lol I remeber a time when Duke was looked at as one of if not the deepest roster in college ball and now they only play 6 guys lol.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,323

Post#11 » by CptCrunch » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:07 pm

I fail to see how Frank Jackson could go undrafted. He is the classical early 2nd round promise type of player. He should leave school this year. The $ from a first round contract by going back to school is not worth the 1 less year he gets to spend in the NBA.

Oversized athletic point guard with good shot and decent passing. Exactly the type of player you want to take a floater on. Nothing stands out (aside from size + athleticism combo), but nothing wrong with him either.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:12 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

I know you were with me and was pretty high on Frank before the season. I don't know if you were as high as me but I thought there was the main 3 guys then I had Frank in the same tier as Fox.

I've made it known here but K this year has driven me crazy with what he has done with this team. Lol I remeber a time when Duke was looked at as one of if not the deepest roster in college ball and now they only play 6 guys lol.

Yeah we were on the same page with Frank. Felt skillset wise he wasn't that far off of Fultz. He just wasn't the same level player obviously. But he brings similar strengths at a slightly lower level outside of shooting and explosion. I think he has those over Kelle. He was definitely in the Fox tier.
Watch More Basketball

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Marcus » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:17 pm

paulbball wrote:I fail to see how Frank Jackson could go undrafted. He is the classical early 2nd round promise type of player. He should leave school this year. The $ from a first round contract by going back to school is not worth the 1 less year he gets to spend in the NBA.

Oversized athletic point guard with good shot and decent passing. Exactly the type of player you want to take a floater on. Nothing stands out (aside from size + athleticism combo), but nothing wrong with him either.

Felt before the season if given the keys he would prove to be the lotto pick. Wouldn't quite look like a PG but wouldn't look hopeless either. Somebody a team like the Bucks could make good use of before Brogdon looked like a steal.
Watch More Basketball

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 8, 2017 11:32 pm

Marcus wrote:
paulbball wrote:I fail to see how Frank Jackson could go undrafted. He is the classical early 2nd round promise type of player. He should leave school this year. The $ from a first round contract by going back to school is not worth the 1 less year he gets to spend in the NBA.

Felt before the season if given the keys he would prove to be the lotto pick. Wouldn't quite look like a PG but wouldn't look hopeless either. Somebody a team like the Bucks could make good use of before Brogdon looked like a steal.

Ya I've always thought the Bucks would be a perfect spot for him. A place where he doesn't have to be the primary facilitator from day 1 and can look to score first and learn to be a better facilitator over a few years.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#15 » by reanimator » Thu Mar 9, 2017 2:33 pm

I wouldn't even call Frank a decent passer but this seems about right. Think he is below Fox and Bruce Brown but above guys like Jawun Evans and Monte Morris.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Upperclass » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:02 pm

Theres zero chance Jackson isnt drafted ahead of Bruce Brown. I dont even think Brown is a top 20 guy in this draft if he declares. Imo Frank is a top 12 guy
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#17 » by GimmeDat » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:58 am

I have Jackson ahead of Brown as well, and I like Brown.

If I had to give Frank an NBA comparison it would be George Hill.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#18 » by reanimator » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Unless you think Frank is a volume scorer at the next level (I don't) then I see no argument for him over Brown.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,548

Post#19 » by yosemiteben » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 am

I really want Frank Jackson on the Hornets, if they have a pick around 10-12 I could be down with him. Backup PG then plug him in combo guard style next to Kemba and Batum.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#20 » by Coeur » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:24 am

akhan786 wrote:
Upperclass wrote:As stated in the draft thread. To me, hes a top 3 talent in 2017, and will likely be coaxed out by a lottery team. I think he enters the draft, and ends up top 8, if not higher. He's almost like a reincarnation of Jay Williams, with an even better perimeter shot.

Top 3 talent this year??? Sorry I will have to disagree with that (Duke fan here). I think he could go top 10 next year because pairing him with potentially Duval in the backcourt would be perfect for him to be the scoring guard he is naturally suited for.

His draft stock will be highest as a pg

Return to NBA Draft