Image Image Image Image

2017 NHL Trade Deadline

Moderator: TNBT

GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

2017 NHL Trade Deadline 

Post#1 » by GRADEN » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Should be a busy week and we've already seen a couple of big moves (Ben Bishop to LAK, Martin Hanzal to Wild). And as I'm typing Boyle goes to Toronto for some added scoring. Lightning certainly are cleaning some house and adding ammo for next year / healthy roster.

The Hawks have made 2 moves thus far / albeit small ones;

Detriot traded us Tomas Jurco for our 3rd in 2017
- IMO it's a good gamble, the Slovak has some good skill and was a 1:3 point guy his first 100 games but has since tailed off. Boasts good size and skill but doesn't look like he is committed in the weight room... I like his wrister and skating ability but I think he stands up too much and doesn't control the action as well as I'd like.

We also sent D Schilling for F Latta... Schilling shows the talent to reach the bigs but wow we got an experienced 25 year old straight up so you have to think LA sees a lot in Cam. Latta was highly regarded a few seasons ago but I have to be honest; Hartman / Kero / Scmaltz / Rass kind of make the money just a minor one at that.

I expect another 2 moves from Stan, expect to say good bye to our 2nd rounder in the next 2 days
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Re: 2017 NHL Trade Deadline 

Post#2 » by GRADEN » Mon Mar 6, 2017 4:31 pm

We also reacquainted ourselves with Johnny Oduya.. we sent McNeil and a 4th which would be a 2018 3rd if we reach conference finals I believe

Overall we got Jurco, Oduya, and Latta for 2 guys that wouldn't make it through our system and potentially 2 3rds... that's great value Stan

We finally get to make some picks in the draft too which is nice... especially because our 2 best rookies Hartman and Scmaltz were our last 2 1st rounders

Sharks - Wild - Preds etc... still a lot of work ahead to reach the mountain but these were 3 solid moves that can and will help us / depth / insurance
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: 2017 NHL Trade Deadline 

Post#3 » by TNBT » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm very happy with these moves too. As you said, we haven't given up much, and we've landed a very solid defenseman who already knows the system, and I'm really excited about Jurco. The kid can skate and has good size and a ton of talent. If we can develop him to his full potential, he could be a top-6 forward for us for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Return to Chicago Blackhawks