Michael Porter Jr.

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Michael Porter Jr. 

Post#1 » by SirChurros » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:54 pm

I know he's not going to be in the 2017 draft, but it seems like there's buzz about him and he's bound to get his own thread soon.

I've watched a bit of him and I'm not sure I get the overwhelming amount of hype surrounding him right now. Great size, good frame and certainly a talent, but what am I missing in that I don't see some sort of transcendent talent? He seems in the same realm as guys like Ingram, Tatum and Jackson (just staying within a few years) to me.
Derento
Junior
And1: 114

Re: Michael Porter Jr. 

Post#2 » by Derento » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:07 pm

I think he has the mixture of shooting,size,athleticism,mentality that projects be a great scorer on the NBA level.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#3 » by Kolkmania » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Have It All wrote:I know he's not going to be in the 2017 draft, but it seems like there's buzz about him and he's bound to get his own thread soon.

I've watched a bit of him and I'm not sure I get the overwhelming amount of hype surrounding him right now. Great size, good frame and certainly a talent, but what am I missing in that I don't see some sort of transcendent talent? He seems in the same realm as guys like Ingram, Tatum and Jackson (just staying within a few years) to me.

Well he's 6'10'', 7+ wingspan, moves fluidly, great handle for his size, decent athleticism and on top of that he can shoot. So that's where the buzz is coming from, he's the perfect modern 4 skill-wise imo. I don't like his defensive effort and it absolutely sucks that he committed for Washington.

Great talent, not transcendent though (neither are Ingram, Tatum and Jackson).
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Post#4 » by SirChurros » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Kolkmania wrote:
Have It All wrote:I know he's not going to be in the 2017 draft, but it seems like there's buzz about him and he's bound to get his own thread soon.

Well he's 6'10'', 7+ wingspan, moves fluidly, great handle for his size, decent athleticism and on top of that he can shoot. So that's where the buzz is coming from, he's the perfect modern 4 skill-wise imo. I don't like his defensive effort and it absolutely sucks that he committed for Washington.

Fair enough.

I agree that none of the other players I mentioned are transcendent or guaranteed future stars, but it seems like that is the level of hype Porter is getting. Everything I read gives off the vibe that he's some sort of transcendent player who is a can't miss star. I haven't really seen that in what I've watched.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#5 » by Kolkmania » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 pm

Have It All wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:

Fair enough.

I agree that none of the other players I mentioned are transcendent or guaranteed future stars, but it seems like that is the level of hype Porter is getting. Everything I read gives off the vibe that he's some sort of transcendent player who is a can't miss star. I haven't really seen that in what I've watched.

Well he's at least in the contention for the #1 spot in 2018, similar to Tatum and Jackson in their senior years at high school, so probably similar hype. He's not a clear miss though, probably in the same tier as Doncic, Ayton and perhaps Bamba and Carter.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#6 » by No-Man » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 pm

He is superquick, that's what jumps first, he is huge also, superdeveloped upper body can shoot almost in every set, he is not to the level of Markkanen, but it's close and he is damn quick off his feet, he isnt like trascendental as an athlete but he is really good and at his size with that quick twich and shooting ability, he is gonna be hard to stop.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#7 » by EricAnderson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Romar got fired will be interesting to see where he winds up
No-Man
RealGM

Post#8 » by No-Man » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Oh boy, where is Romar gonna end up? Mizzou got taken, maybe if they hire Roy at UW Porter still stays committed, or maybe Cuonzo sways his dad to the Tigers...

would be hilarious if NC St hires Romar and they get another weird awful year ruining Porter's life like what happened with DSJ.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by EricAnderson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Porter would look good at Kansas
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,322

Post#10 » by CptCrunch » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Porter needs to decommit from Washington. UDub will remain a dumpster fire. If he is getting paid and must go to a Nike school, choose a different one.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#11 » by DirtyDez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 pm

EricAnderson wrote:Porter would look good at Kansas

Is there anywhere he wouldn't look good?

Jr will go wherever Sr goes...
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by EricAnderson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Wow no wonder he took the job lol

Missouri has no talent. I don't see them doing anything even with Porter next year
No-Man
RealGM

Post#13 » by No-Man » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:51 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Missouri has no talent. I don't see them doing anything even with Porter next year

They will get both brothers, got Puryear, Barnett, Hughes, and a couple shooters, they could be okay
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by EricAnderson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Fischella wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Read on Twitter

They will get both brothers, got Puryear, Barnett, Hughes, and a couple shooters, they could be okay

Where would u rank Porter if he was in this years dreft?
No-Man
RealGM

Post#15 » by No-Man » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:00 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Fischella wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Read on Twitter

Where would u rank Porter if he was in this years dreft?

from what I've seen, 2nd
Disposable Hero
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#16 » by Disposable Hero » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:36 am

Coach K just spotted leaving the Porter household. Book it!!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#17 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:52 am

He's going to Mizzou.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#18 » by Marcus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:58 am

This is crazy lol.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,314

Post#19 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:02 am

Marcus wrote:This is crazy lol.

Eh hes going from one terrible school to another. Sadly it feels like his dad is just using him to get a job. He should go to a bigger school where he can really show out.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#20 » by shawn_hemp » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:09 am

wasnt missouri like really good at basketball not that long ago?

I remember them being a 2 seed that lost to a 15 seed IIRC

guess thats a poor example of them being good but they were a 2 seed

Return to NBA Draft