SHAQ believes the earth is FLAT.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,534

Re: SHAQ believes the earth is FLAT. 

Post#21 » by sp6r=underrated » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:39 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:fans are being trolled hard. next step is get some management figures to join in the troll.

Imagine if Popovich said that the earth is flat.

yellowsub264
Senior
And1: 149

Post#22 » by yellowsub264 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:42 pm

First Team Flat Earth:

PG: Kyrie
SG:?
SF:Wilson Chandler
PF: Draymond Green
C: Shaq
God gave me a passion for basketball that burns inside of me like that of a venereal disease
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#23 » by LLJ » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm

yellowsub264 wrote:First Team Flat Earth:

This team would kick some ass. Flat earthers can BALLLLL
SweetBro
Junior
And1: 776

Post#24 » by SweetBro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm

knicksup19 wrote:earth being flat is one of the dumbest theories one can believe in, I'm not a super logical everything can be proved by science kind of guy, but this is so ridiculous.

MY main argument is if you look at a flat map of earth NY is closer to Australia than LA (assuming the earth isn't round). so assuming the earth isn't round and NY is closer to AUS than LA. how come a flight from LA to AUS is nearly 5-6 hours in duration less than NY.

the answer is because from LA you can fly left wrap around the pacific ocean and land in AUS because the earth is round lol

Gotta budget a few hours to spray them chemtrails, stay woke.
Beffiosa
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,436

Post#25 » by Beffiosa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:57 pm

The earth is not round either. The earth is flattened at the poles and that is why its known as an oblate spheroid.
You can't out train bad Nutrition
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#26 » by Bruteque » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm

People also believe in stuff like god(s), astrology, and zombie Elvis. C'mon, dude, let the fools be.
CarMalone
Sixth Man
And1: 2,628

Post#27 » by CarMalone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Bruteque wrote:People also believe in stuff like god(s), astrology, and zombie Elvis. C'mon, dude, let the fools be.

I would generally agree with you, let them be idiots and natural selection will sort them out. Except they have the same voting power as you and I and can therefore influence public policy.
MJ is the GOAT, but LeBron can be if he does 2 of the following:
[X] Win another FMVP
[ ] Win another MVP
[X] 40K/10K/10K career

ACHIEVED 3/2/2024
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#28 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Edrees wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:First thing Shaq says is that his history books lied to him, and so he's suspicious of other facts as well. That's an interesting aspect of this kind of phenomenon.

Unlike history you can test real science right now and find out for yourself

My point was that public school history books lie- in my day, they definitely preferred myth-making to real history, and the number of ways that that has come back to bite our society in the ass is pretty astounding. This may be another small example of that ass-bitin'.

Science is more "proveable" than history, but thats not the problem. The problem is the lack of rigor, investigation, critical-thinking skills, etc applied when thinking about either subject.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#29 » by ImSlower » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 pm

I went to the FAQ on the first Flat Earth site that came up, and it was pretty hilarious. I can't imagine Shaq was being serious, although I listened to Kyrie's bizarre diatribe about "They" and misinformation, and that dude sure sounded serious about it. The FAQ never answers what happens if you keep flying over Antarctica. Do you hit a big painted wall like the Truman Show? Do those poor penguins out (not down) there fall into the void if they wander into the mist? Can I take a really long rope and rappel down the side to check out the bottom of earth? So many questions.
Rich Michmond
Sixth Man
And1: 2,971
Location: российско-немецкий кондоминиум под еврейским доверительным управлением

Post#30 » by Rich Michmond » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:16 pm

JohnWillow wrote:Image

The best part of this pic is that your sig says "Vivek be like" and what you posted perfectly reflects his state of mind.
Gordon Haywood, Dwayne Wade, JJ Reddick, Derek Rose, Derrick Fisher, Lenny Wilkins, Kirk Heinrich, Oscar Robinson, DeMar DeRozen, Andre Iguadola, Pascal Siakim, Malcolm Brogdan
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#31 » by E-Balla » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:35 pm

yellowsub264 wrote:First Team Flat Earth:

At SG Nick Young already said he thinks the earth might be flat so there you go.
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,891

Post#32 » by theforumblue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 pm

he's spouting the same stuff that other flat earthers make. i dont think he's trolling. he's not smart enough. i do wonder if he and kyrie realize the origin of the whole thing was started by extreme religious types and ultimately only seeks to discredit science for the sake of "one true god".

but do read about the flat earth theory, it's hilarious.
screw these absolute garbage refs
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Post#33 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:43 pm

theforumblue wrote:he's spouting the same stuff that other flat earthers make. i dont think he's trolling. he's not smart enough. i do wonder if he and kyrie realize the origin of the whole thing was started by extreme religious types and ultimately only seeks to discredit science for the sake of "one true god".

but do read about the flat earth theory, it's hilarious.

He's definitely trolling, just like Kyrie was definitely trolling, and it's not funny anymore. This thing is a month old at this point. Find a new gag.

But hey, if people actually believe that Shaq and Kyrie believe the earth is flat, maybe the joke has more mileage left in it than I thought.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
StatLine
Veteran
And1: 1,723

Post#34 » by StatLine » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:56 pm

These guys play too much minecraft
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#35 » by mixerball » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:11 pm

flat believers around the globe unite!
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,134

Post#36 » by Froob » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Bruteque wrote:People also believe in stuff like god(s), astrology, and zombie Elvis. C'mon, dude, let the fools be.

I can tolerate earth flatters, that damn astrology is so annoying.

Pisces: Hates Mondays.

OMG that's so me!!!

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,276

Post#37 » by Black Jack » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Dominater wrote:Like your girlfriend!

insert raps gif w/Casey "I'll believe the earth is round when your girlfriend gets curves"
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#38 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:He's definitely trolling, just like Kyrie was definitely trolling, and it's not funny anymore. This thing is a month old at this point. Find a new gag.

But hey, if people actually believe that Shaq and Kyrie believe the earth is flat, maybe the joke has more mileage left in it than I thought.

Dude, have you ever saw a satire or heard sarcasm? The latter doesn't go on for minutes, and the former has clear stylistical elements. It is usually very easy to identify sarcasm when it is in the spoken word, and neither Irving, nor Shaq displayed any kind of sarcastic marks durign their speech. Not only that, but Irving reiterated when he was asked to clarify. It is very obvious that Irving is not trolling, but instead he is one of the tens of thousand ofs Americans, who actually believe that the Earth is flat.

Shaq could be trolling I guess, but based on this recording, there is a very high probability that he is serious as well. I realize that it is hard to believe that people could be this dumb, but if you do some research on the flat earth movement, you will realize that not only it is a thing, but there are a frighteningly high amount of people who believe it.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#39 » by ATTL » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:38 pm

The earth is actually cone shaped and hollow at the center.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#40 » by jonjames » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Shaq isn't wrong and doesn't deserved to be ridiculed..the earth is indeed flat and stationary. If we lived on a globe earth there would be curvature. Water doesn't curve its always level. The horizon is called the horizon for reason and not a "curvizon." All civilizations believed it was flat for thousands of years it wasn't until 500 years ago when copernicus introduced his heliocentric model that there was a major paradigm shift and pushed/promoted by the scientifc community.

Return to The General Board