SHAQ believes the earth is FLAT.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Re: SHAQ believes the earth is FLAT. 

Post#61 » by Pass_the_rock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:26 am

Shaq will say anything to keep his name in the news and stay relevant in retirement. Meh
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,658

Post#62 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 am

jonjames wrote:
danijel00 wrote:Man, if you write ''flat earth'' on youtube and go watch some commentaries on those videos...people are really lost it these days. Flat earth and chemtrails are the stupidest theories ever and it's really amazes me how many people believe in this

It's only seems preposterous on surface due to cognitive dissonance. When one of the first things we learn since we are babies is looking at a globe earth to childhood doing science projects on planets all the way up to adulthood it become ingrained in our brains as accepting it some kind of actual "fact" when it's quite the contrary. Even if one were to question the validity of the "theory" if you look at the presented evidence of amateur balloons going up at extremely high altitudes proving no curvature or other experiments with an open mind it's quite logical and nothing out of realm of irrationality.

Or you could maybe... oh get a passport ... and fly somewhere yourself to see it and experience it. But I know....leaving the suburbs is scary.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#63 » by jonjames » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:55 am

Z Cabarkapa wrote:
jonjames wrote:
ImSlower wrote:Jonjames. For the love of God. What happens to the penguins that reach the edge of the abyss on Antarctica? Just tell me. Is there a wall? Or a mist that becomes space? Or are penguins in the southern hemisphere (or, I suppose, the outer ring of your world) a creation of "They"?

Please assist. Thank you.

Yes, we live inside a firmament or dome. The whole ships will fall of the face earth narrative is impossible because the oceans and landmass are surrounded by the artic ring or aka Antarctica. We are not allowed to explore beyond the entry tourism point of antartica anything further will be met at gunpoint and asked to turn around by military guards. Antartica of course is agreed upon by all nations from the treaty that says no nation can claim it as their own terriotry. However we know that it's a huge site for military bases. They all know at some point near the edge will come to a dead end...the firmament. It also explains why the space shuttles that have launched unsuccessfully the past 50 years have mysteriously exploded in the sky bc once it got to high altitude it hit the dome. Basically the more you peel off the layers the more you realize that other events never happened aka satellites orbiting in outer space, man on the moon etc.

This is great!!!! My father is a pilot who claims to have flown to Australia by going East and by going West. Clearly not true. Is there an east and west, sunrise, sunset? How does the round dome keep some of the earth dark and some light at the same time and not reflect the light to everywhere? So fascinating - I wanna hear more

On a ball earth Johannesburg, South Africa to Perth, Australia should be a straight shot over the Indian Ocean with convenient refueling stops on Mauritus or Madagascar. IN reality most Johannesburg to perth flights make stops in Dubai, Hong Kong, or Malaysia all of which makes no sense on earth, but makes perfect sense when mapped on a flat earth.

"If Earth was a ball there are several flights in the Southern hemisphere which would have their quickest, straightest path over the Antarctic continent such as Santiago, Chile to Sydney, Australia. Instead of taking the shortest, quickest route in a straight line over Antarctica, all such flights detour all manner of directions away from Antarctica instead claiming the temperatures too cold for airplane travel! Considering the fact that there are plenty of flights to/from/over Antarctica, and NASA claims to have technology keeping them in conditions far colder (and far hotter) than any experienced on Earth, such an excuse is clearly just an excuse, and these flights aren’t made because they are impossible.” ~Ibid
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#64 » by Heat3 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 am

all flat earthers are stupid. i don't really care what their "reason" is. they are stupid and i accept it.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#65 » by Pass_the_rock » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:46 am

jonjames guy is just trolling.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,981

Post#66 » by Bad-Thoma » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:51 am

jonjames wrote:
danijel00 wrote:Man, if you write ''flat earth'' on youtube and go watch some commentaries on those videos...people are really lost it these days. Flat earth and chemtrails are the stupidest theories ever and it's really amazes me how many people believe in this

It's only seems preposterous on surface due to cognitive dissonance. When one of the first things we learn since we are babies is looking at a globe earth to childhood doing science projects on planets all the way up to adulthood it become ingrained in our brains as accepting it some kind of actual "fact" when it's quite the contrary. Even if one were to question the validity of the "theory" if you look at the presented evidence of amateur balloons going up at extremely high altitudes proving no curvature or other experiments with an open mind it's quite logical and nothing out of realm of irrationality.

You ever been on a plane or a mountain? You can see the curve if you can see far enough away. Also, don't have children. Please please don't have children.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Post#67 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:08 am

I have to appreciate the level of skepticism required to question the whole round Earth theory.

There was a time when I believed that Glass was a supercooled liquid. I didn't have enough skepticism to reject that notion and test it on my own. Now, I think you really should reserve a bit of belief when science tells you something. Science isn't flawless.

So, doubters serve a useful purpose. They force us to reexamine the things we hold as truths. Never a bad thing. I mean they are clearly wrong and dumb as a pile of dung, but, it does give us the chance to reflect on how we know the Earth is round.+
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
M3LKM4N
Sophomore
And1: 129

Post#68 » by M3LKM4N » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 am

If you ask Phil Jackson he would say the earth is a triangle.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#69 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 am

dear Shaq watch this
Forum permissions