Terrance Ferguson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Terrance Ferguson 

Post#1 » by bleedblue3303 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:26 am

Haven't seen any thread about him. Got some size for his position and can jump through the gym. haven't seen him play. Any thoughts.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Re: Terrance Ferguson 

Post#2 » by jonjames » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:57 pm

I think many here project him as a 3 and d guy at next level..but bc he's so young and ahead of basketball curve than your typical 21 or 22yr college player coming out..I feel he has a higher ceiling than that. I think he's a safe upside pick as he might go under the radar and go somewhere outside lottery in the teens. I'm thinking his floor is terrence ross or andre roberson. Would have been nice to see him play on the national spotlight for this Arizona team for sure.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#3 » by shawn_hemp » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:57 am

Reminds me of Andrew Wiggins. I think he would have been rated more highly if he went to college instead of to play in Australia.

I think he could be a good player though. At the very least he could be in the Dunk Contest next year
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,776

Post#4 » by Upperclass » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 am

I think he's a poor man's Zach lavine. I don't think he has anything between the ears in terms of IQ.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,665

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 am

Still reminds me of Terrence Ross when he was coming out of Washington. Skinny 6'7 SGs that can jump out of the gym and can shoot it. Ross was a little more of a smoother more agile athlete, while I give Ferguson the edge in the shooting department. I like him a lot as a prospect and ya I think he has solid 3&D potential. I dont see much off the dribble potential and that is why he isnt a top 10 type prospect but still like him a lot.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#6 » by Marcus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:08 am

Upperclass wrote:I think he's a poor man's Zach lavine. I don't think he has anything between the ears in terms of IQ.

Based on?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
beantownski
Bench Warmer
And1: 598

Post#7 » by beantownski » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:19 am

jonjames wrote:I think many here project him as a 3 and d guy at next level..but bc he's so young and ahead of basketball curve than your typical 21 or 22yr college player coming out..I feel he has a higher ceiling than that. I think he's a safe upside pick as he might go under the radar and go somewhere outside lottery in the teens. I'm thinking his floor is terrence ross or andre roberson. Would have been nice to see him play on the national spotlight for this Arizona team for sure.

andre roberson can't shoot to save his life. this kid can shoot it.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their
shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and
you'll have their shoes.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#8 » by GimmeDat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:40 am

3/D kid. Very athletic. At this point a straight line driver, a bit thin. I think he has the ability to be a pretty prolific catch and shoot player, he's got a great quick/high release, haven't seen much off the dribble though. Raw but has some potential on D. I think his IQ is fine, I don't think he's going to be in a role where he's going to have to do much heavy decision making. Dudes a finisher, either beyond the line or at the rim. Pretty raw as well imo.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#9 » by Kolkmania » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

GimmeDat wrote:3/D kid. Very athletic. At this point a straight line driver, a bit thin. I think he has the ability to be a pretty prolific catch and shoot player, he's got a great quick/high release, haven't seen much off the dribble though. Raw but has some potential on D. I think his IQ is fine, I don't think he's going to be in a role where he's going to have to do much heavy decision making. Dudes a finisher, either beyond the line or at the rim. Pretty raw as well imo.

You basically described Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, do you think that's an accurate comparison?
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#10 » by shawn_hemp » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Kolkmania wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:3/D kid. Very athletic. At this point a straight line driver, a bit thin. I think he has the ability to be a pretty prolific catch and shoot player, he's got a great quick/high release, haven't seen much off the dribble though. Raw but has some potential on D. I think his IQ is fine, I don't think he's going to be in a role where he's going to have to do much heavy decision making. Dudes a finisher, either beyond the line or at the rim. Pretty raw as well imo.

You basically described Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot, do you think that's an accurate comparison?

feel like Ferguson is a bit more comfortable on offense whereas TLC is a better defender but that would be a good comparison
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#11 » by GimmeDat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:01 am

Kolkmania wrote:

My opinion is that TLC is a more versatile offensive player - better ball handler, showed some playmaking/passing ability at Mega, could score off the dribble more, etc. Better defender as well I'd say.

Ferguson is obviously several years younger than TLC was last year, and as a result, he's a lot rawer. I would say he has potential to be more of a spark-plug as a shooter and his explosiveness (first step and hops) are on another level to TLC.

I loved Luwawu going in to last year, but he was more of a jack of all trades master of none prospect I think. Ferguson is a more clear cut limited 3/D option, but could potentially be more lethal in that role with refinement.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:43 am

Kolkmania wrote:

I think TLC is a raw athletic slasher, while Ferguson is a raw athletic shooter. I think TLC is far ahead of him when it comes to ball handling and creating his own shot, while Ferguson is far ahead when it comes to shooting and is a more explosive athlete. When it comes between the two I think it depends on what type of player youre looking for. I also think Ferguson has the higher floor because his shooting ability.
MEGAQUIB
Junior
And1: 194

Post#13 » by MEGAQUIB » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:47 am

Looks like a nice 3&D glue piece. reminds me a bit of Caldwell-Pope
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,797

Post#14 » by UcanUwill » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:39 pm

I also thought of Luwawu while reading up on him. I really liked Luwawu and I like Ferguson, tho his stats are definitely worrysome. Overall, I still like TLC more.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,226

Post#15 » by doordoor123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm

UcanUwill wrote:I also thought of Luwawu while reading up on him. I really liked Luwawu and I like Ferguson, tho his stats are definitely worrysome. Overall, I still like TLC more.

Luwawu was 3 years older... that's a big difference. And his team relied on him a lot more.
RipCity71252
Pro Prospect
And1: 194

Post#16 » by RipCity71252 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Age is on his side, but he reminds me too much of Wesley Johnson w/less length.
Disposable Hero
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#17 » by Disposable Hero » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 pm

If he had played in the U.S. there would be talk of him as a top 5 pick if not #1. He's a world class athlete. Offensively he can do it all. He's a great shooter, can put it on the floor and get to the hoop and has back to the basket post moves as well. Plus, unlike Monk, he has great size and defense. If Ainge plans on signing Isaiah Thomas to an extension, TF would be a candidate with their pick no matter where it falls. He's a perfect fit for Brad Steven's system and would allow them to let AB leave after next season. I can't see Ainge taking a SF since he has Brown, a PG if he plans on signing IT and also having Smart and Rozier, a big man because there isn't anyone worth it plus he has Yabusele and Zizic coming over. So that leaves SG. He has superstar potential. Put it this way, he's a better SG than Monk in every way and most have Monk in the top half of the lottery.

If Ainge does NOT plan on signing IT than he'll probably go PG and it could be any of the top 5 PGs that is his pick.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Post#18 » by HotelVitale » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Duke4life831 wrote: I think TLC is a raw athletic slasher, while Ferguson is a raw athletic shooter. I think TLC is far ahead of him when it comes to ball handling and creating his own shot, while Ferguson is far ahead when it comes to shooting and is a more explosive athlete. When it comes between the two I think it depends on what type of player youre looking for. I also think Ferguson has the higher floor because his shooting ability.

Works for me. Ferguson is a pure bounce + spot-up shooting guy, and his athleticism and smooth shooting mechanics will catch your eye right away. TLC's a decent catch and shoot guy but his shot is slower and lower, and the best things about him is body control to weave around guys and finish from odd angles, and his relentless cutting and filling passing lanes. (In terms of pure aesthetics, Ferguson is like a pogo stick and TLC is more slithery, stop-and-start guy.)
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 am

HotelVitale wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote: I think TLC is a raw athletic slasher, while Ferguson is a raw athletic shooter. I think TLC is far ahead of him when it comes to ball handling and creating his own shot, while Ferguson is far ahead when it comes to shooting and is a more explosive athlete. When it comes between the two I think it depends on what type of player youre looking for. I also think Ferguson has the higher floor because his shooting ability.

Works for me. Ferguson is a pure bounce + spot-up shooting guy, and his athleticism and smooth shooting mechanics will catch your eye right away. TLC's a decent catch and shoot guy but his shot is slower and lower, and the best things about him is body control to weave around guys and finish from odd angles, and his relentless cutting and filling passing lanes. (In terms of pure aesthetics, Ferguson is like a pogo stick and TLC is more slithery, stop-and-start guy.)

Yup it sounds like you and I see eye to eye on this one. I agree 100% on everything you just said. I havent really seen TLC up until this year but that is how I view him as well, athletic slasher with a work in progress jumper.

When it comes to Ferguson, for those who havent watched him yet, the first thing that is going to pop out is that jumper. It is so simplistic and efficient. To me its a picture perfect jumper that I have a very hard time not seeing him put up really good 3pt shooting seasons from the get go. I could watch him shoot all day long.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#20 » by jonjames » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 am

RipCity71252 wrote:Age is on his side, but he reminds me too much of Wesley Johnson w/less length.

Not bad comparison.

Return to NBA Draft