LaGerald Vick

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

LaGerald Vick 

Post#1 » by Upperclass » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:01 am

Looks like a huge sleeper who's emerging at the right time. Very good defensive instincts, high level quickness and agility, can shoot and catch the lob over the top. Decent handle, but his main allure is his athletic ability and playmaking ability on defense. Looks like a young Tony Allen with more offensive potential
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Re: LaGerald Vick 

Post#2 » by Cammo101 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:39 am

I'm not sure he's really a sleeper. He's been a trendy pick to be a lottery guy next year since about midway through the season. He has a chance to take a real step forward next year with Mason gone. His size and athleticism is pretty special. If he continues to improve, the sky is the limit.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,078

Post#3 » by The-Power » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:45 am

Atletic 3&D guy if he improves his shot and defensive awareness. Currently, both aspects are not reliable and consistent enough but he has some potential. Everything else on offense is really raw, though. Handles aren't good, playmaking isn't there.

Right now, he's a relatively old wing with obvious limitations who is inconsistent at what must become his bread and butter. His highlight athletic plays can't conceal that. I'm not expecting him to become a good NBA player but I guess it's not completely unfathomable.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#4 » by Cammo101 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:24 pm

The-Power wrote:Atletic 3&D guy if he improves his shot and defensive awareness. Currently, both aspects are not reliable and consistent enough but he has some potential. Everything else on offense is really raw, though. Handles aren't good, playmaking isn't there.

Right now, he's a relatively old wing with obvious limitations who is inconsistent at what must become his bread and butter. His highlight athletic plays can't conceal that. I'm not expecting him to become a good NBA player but I guess it's not completely unfathomable.

The appeal with Vick will be if he proves he can be a point guard at the NBA level. If he is just a wing player, that skillset looks a lot less appealing.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by No-Man » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
The-Power wrote:Atletic 3&D guy if he improves his shot and defensive awareness. Currently, both aspects are not reliable and consistent enough but he has some potential. Everything else on offense is really raw, though. Handles aren't good, playmaking isn't there.

The appeal with Vick will be if he proves he can be a point guard at the NBA level. If he is just a wing player, that skillset looks a lot less appealing.

a PG?!?!? the hell? he is smooth and all that but if anything he is gonna play the SF more than the 2 for them next year with Graham and Newman plus the recruits they got, have a PG and Billy Preston, and they are still after Duval and a couple others.

I think he comes back, but I am not even sure if he starts, esp if Svi is back.
The-Power
General Manager

Post#6 » by The-Power » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Cammo101 wrote:

I don't see any way at all that he'll ever be a PG. Not even at the college level and much less in the NBA. Not even a combo-guard who could take on some playmaking responsibilities to be honest.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#7 » by jonjames » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Fischella wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:

a PG?!?!? the hell? he is smooth and all that but if anything he is gonna play the SF more than the 2 for them next year with Graham and Newman plus the recruits they got, have a PG and Billy Preston, goand they are still after Duval and a couple others.

I think he comes back, but I am not even sure if he starts, esp if Svi is back.

I totally forgot about newman..if they can land Duval with Billy Preston coming in and Svi and Graham and vick returning they can do some damage.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#8 » by Cammo101 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:52 pm

The-Power wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:

I don't see any way at all that he'll ever be a PG. Not even at the college level and much less in the NBA. Not even a combo-guard who could take on some playmaking responsibilities to be honest.

I think the jury is still out. He was playing some backup point earlier in the season and looking pretty decent there in short bursts. I'm not super high on Vick or anything, but I think he has a chance of being a quasi-point guard for Kansas next year if they decide to go that route. If he projects as a full time SG, which is very possible, then he is just another borderline first rounder.
jonjames
Veteran
And1: 1,757

Post#9 » by jonjames » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Upperclass wrote:Looks like a huge sleeper who's emerging at the right time. Very good defensive instincts, high level quickness and agility, can shoot and catch the lob over the top. Decent handle, but his main allure is his athletic ability and playmaking ability on defense. Looks like a young Tony Allen with more offensive potential

Tony Allen with more offense is worth a lottery pick in any draft..probably closer to poor man shumpert
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#10 » by Cammo101 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:39 pm

jonjames wrote:
Upperclass wrote:Looks like a huge sleeper who's emerging at the right time. Very good defensive instincts, high level quickness and agility, can shoot and catch the lob over the top. Decent handle, but his main allure is his athletic ability and playmaking ability on defense. Looks like a young Tony Allen with more offensive potential

Tony Allen with more offense is worth a lottery pick in any draft..probably closer to poor man shumpert

Shumpert is actually a really good comp for Vick.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Upperclass » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Vick has more natural offensive feel and is a better shooter than Shumpert. He also has more Offensive feel and IQ than Allen, and could project similar to Oladipo. His development will depend on where he lands in the league, but i think he could endup as a pretty good two way player.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
jonjames wrote:

Shumpert is actually a really good comp for Vick.

And Shumpert was primarily a PG at Georgia Tech - a really bad one offensively - but he was a PG.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,011

Post#13 » by moss_is_1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 am

Vick should show out next year with Mason leaving. I like how he played in the tourney, if he can improve on his game, and be more consistent he can be a really valuable player for KU.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#14 » by SlowPaced » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Shouldn't this guy receive more traction here? Having an excellent season, showcasing great 3&D potential.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#15 » by doordoor123 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 pm

SlowPaced wrote:Shouldn't this guy receive more traction here? Having an excellent season, showcasing great 3&D potential.

I wrote about him a couple weeks ago in another thread and was specific with what he does on the floor. He has been awesome. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t a first round pick.
Another super underrated wing is Khyri Thomas, who has the same size and wingspan as Donovan Mitchell and is IMO the best guard wing defender of the class (JeVonte Carter is also very good, but I think Thomas will be able to translate better because he has more size and athletic ability).
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,689

Post#16 » by Fat » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 pm

i like this kid
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Hoopz Afrik
Veteran
And1: 2,064

Post#17 » by Hoopz Afrik » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:21 pm

I like him and I think he's the Jayhawks most important player. He has high-end 3 & D potential and though he has a slight frame he's very gritty.
Super Eagles GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
The-Power
General Manager

Post#18 » by The-Power » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:36 am

I think a somewhat realistic expectation of what he can become is Justin Holiday. That would be a useful player although with clear limitations. Late 1st if the team can really use a player with his profile or else he's worth drafting in the 2nd round.
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 902

Post#19 » by MugzZo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:31 am

LaGerald Vick

LeBryan Nash

Wtf? Who names these kids?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225