Rodions Kurucs

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Rodions Kurucs 

Post#1 » by JohnWillow » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Finally found an article in English from well known basketball journalist about likely a mid first round pick in this upcoming draft Rodions Kurucs, very interesting article tbh.

https://loscrossovers.com/2017/03/28/nba-prospect-watch-rodions-kurucs-barcelona/

Read on Twitter
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Re: Rodions Kurucs 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:31 pm

JohnWillow wrote:Finally found a article in English from well known basketball journalist about likely a mid first round pick in this upcoming draft Rodions Kurucs, very interesting article tbh.

https://loscrossovers.com/2017/03/28/nba-prospect-watch-rodions-kurucs-barcelona/

Read on Twitter

Yeah they did a good job at really showing everything about the kid.
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#3 » by reanimator » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Good shooter, good spatial awareness/vision, plus size but no creativity as a ballhandler and an average athlete IMO.

I wasn't too high on Korkmaz as anything other than a end of the round 1st round guy and I feel the same about Kurucs.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:50 pm

reanimator wrote:Good shooter, good spatial awareness/vision, plus size but no creativity as a ballhandler and an average athlete IMO.

I wasn't too high on Korkmaz as anything other than a end of the round 1st round guy and I feel the same about Kurucs.

yeah I think Korkmaz is a much more advanced shooter, in terms of diversity, release and quickness, Kurucs needs to be set and his release is slow and even then he is streaky, Kurucs is stronger and bigger, but that's about it, I think Korkmaz has more upside overall just because of shooting, Kurucs can playmake a little bit, but dunno how that traslates unless he can add enough to his upper body where he can play the PF consistently to take adv of his match-up.
He is a good athlete, he doesnt have the blend of athleticism and strength that Hezonja has.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,475

Post#5 » by Mirotic12 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Kurucs is a much more fluid athlete than Korkmaz, he's also a much smoother player offensively than Korkmaz. And unlike Korkmaz, he's not an enormous defensive liability.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#6 » by Kolkmania » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 am

Mirotic12 wrote:Kurucs is a much more fluid athlete than Korkmaz, he's also a much smoother player offensively than Korkmaz. And unlike Korkmaz, he's not an enormous defensive liability.

Watched Banvit - EWE Basket this month, with Furkan Korkmaz going off, shooting pull up jumpers, throwing down oops and occasional running pick and rolls. He's regaining some of his confidence that we saw in his youth tournaments, not limited as a floor spacer like he was at Efes Anadolu.

I haven't seen Kurucs play live, but if he's a much smoother player than Furkan Korkmaz at 6'8'' and a defensive presence, then he'll have a future in the NBA.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,475

Post#7 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Kolkmania wrote:Watched Banvit - EWE Basket this month, with Furkan Korkmaz going off, shooting pull up jumpers, throwing down oops and occasional running pick and rolls. He's regaining some of his confidence that we saw in his youth tournaments, not limited as a floor spacer like he was at Efes Anadolu.

I haven't seen Kurucs play live, but if he's a much smoother player than Furkan Korkmaz at 6'8'' and a defensive presence, then he'll have a future in the NBA.

All Korkmaz really does for the most part is shoot jumpers and dunk in the open court. If he wasn't hitting jumpers in that game you watched, he wouldn't be contributing much of anything to his team. And there are plenty of times when his jumper is off. Kurucs actually has some smooth offensive game and skills. I think Kurucs is more like 6-9, than 6-8. "Defensive presence" isn't the right way to describe Kurucs. I just said he isn't a huge defensive liability, like Korkmaz is.

People just get this idea that somehow Korkmaz got railroaded in Efes. He didn't.......he was consistently the worst player the team had by far on defense, and couldn't guard anyone. That's why he couldn't consistently stay in their rotation.

I don't think Kurucs is a good defensive player, but he's not a huge liability on defense like Korkmaz is.
Disposable Hero
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#8 » by Disposable Hero » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:04 am

Love this kid. He has lottery talent and huge upside.

Return to NBA Draft