Moderator: bwgood77

shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Re: FA 2017: Winners & Losers 

Post#21 » by shawn_hemp » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:16 pm

I think the Chiefs have been quiet winners

Bennie Logan will be a big addition to their already stacked defense

Gavin Escobar seems like another Cowboys TE who gets drafted to replace Jason Witten, can't get on the field enough to show he can replace Jason Witten, and gets cut for being a questionable blocker (sup Martellus Bennet). I think Andy Reid will find a use for him since he runs a lot of 2 TE sets and Escobar and Kelce are basically just really big Wide Receivers. Or, he Escobar could totally suck and that's why Dallas got rid of him. Idk

CJ Spiller is a question mark but if he has anything left in the tank he could be good for this team.

The major problem the Chiefs have had over the past few years is the lack of a home run threat so to speak and I think Tyreek Hill has solidified himself into that role.

The key thing here is the Chiefs aren't throwing big deals at these question marks (sup Mike Glennon). Looks like they're saving cap space for signing their own players instead

This team should be very good this year, and I think the Chiefs and Raiders will be back and forth for the AFC West title this year while the Broncos finish about 7-9 or 8-8
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#22 » by hermes » Sun Apr 2, 2017 3:28 pm

vikings are kind of in the middle

they addressed what they absolutely needed to (oline) but due to the market they had to spend more than they probably should have. especially for the caliber of the new guys (but still markedly better than last year)

lost quite a few guys (minnesota to carolina exodus?!?), but the only one that really hurt was munnerlyn and it makes sense him going back to the panthers. we'll see on kickoffs without patterson, but we won't lose much sleep over his wr days anymore
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Apr 2, 2017 5:19 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:I think the Chiefs have been quiet winners

Gavin Escobar seems like another Cowboys TE who gets drafted to replace Jason Witten, can't get on the field enough to show he can replace Jason Witten, and gets cut for being a questionable blocker (sup Martellus Bennet). I think Andy Reid will find a use for him since he runs a lot of 2 TE sets and Escobar and Kelce are basically just really big Wide Receivers. Or, he Escobar could totally suck and that's why Dallas got rid of him. Idk

CJ Spiller is a question mark but if he has anything left in the tank he could be good for this team.

The major problem the Chiefs have had over the past few years is the lack of a home run threat so to speak and I think Tyreek Hill has solidified himself into that role.

The key thing here is the Chiefs aren't throwing big deals at these question marks (sup Mike Glennon). Looks like they're saving cap space for signing their own players instead

This team should be very good this year, and I think the Chiefs and Raiders will be back and forth for the AFC West title this year while the Broncos finish about 7-9 or 8-8

Trust me on this. Escobar sucks.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#24 » by RavenMad31 » Mon Apr 3, 2017 2:55 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:

And Cj Spiller has made a career of disappointing every real life and fantasy team that has ever acquired him.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#25 » by bleu » Mon Apr 3, 2017 5:09 am

I think the Eagles did pretty well for themselves. Adding some big time help at WR for Carson Wentz with Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith. I also think the Niners very quietly had a nice free agency.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 3, 2017 11:54 am

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

And Cj Spiller has made a career of disappointing every real life and fantasy team that has ever acquired him.

Which is why I don't see either of these two spares cluttering the Chiefs roster on Opening weekend.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#27 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:54 am

Very happy with the Redskins. Got bargain deals on Swearinger, Brown and Pryor. Lost no one I wanted back. And, lost importantly, no exorbitant money.

Obviously the Cousins thing needs to get resolved though.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Because we didn't participate in Fa we are losers? O.K. :lol: :crazy: I am one that believes we did a very good thing by staying away from FA. Now we can continue to build through the draft. I guess on the positive side, America's Team made another list, good or bad. I forget sometimes we are always on everyone's mind.

:lol: This is what I imagine you do first thing in the morning. :wink:

I don't kiss the mirror however. I kiss all 419 plaques in my blue room however. In a few years I will have to replace the plexi glass on my Lilly, Staubach, White, Renfro. Dorsett, etc plaques. :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:38 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:How do all these photo's of Jwise keep showing up? That can't be me, I don't wear leather, :lol:

Damn old man, You think I look like James Franco? Ill take that....I'm picturing you as a silver haired fox, like that old most interesting man guy

But I actually don't understand how cowboys could be losers at all...they could wind up even being big winners by staying pat (if one of us or broncos make a big and dumb trade for romo)

Texans are losers but kind of because we're held by the short hairs, can't really make a move until this romo thing is sorted out

(Bjj feel free to post your normal schtick about Texans trading for him)

Sorry jwise. I don't have any faith in your teams staff after this past off season. Should have brought Romo in while you have aq top defense, but wait, you also lost your best cb.

Return to The General NFL Board