ImageImageImage

Should the Falcons go after Richard Sherman?

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Should the Falcons go after Richard Sherman? 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:20 am

Should the Falcons go after Richard Sherman? Sherman is a great football player, but not a great locker room guy. Would trading for Sherman be worth it for the Falcons' defense, going into the 2018 season?

Desmond Trufant for Richard Sherman?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: Should the Falcons go after Richard Sherman? 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:41 am

I believe it we would need to give up more to acquire him.
If the price is right I would be interested. I just doubt it's going to be right and Seattle will want many draft picks. I doubt our front office is willing to give up what it's going to take, not because they don't care, but because the future is currently bright as we stand. Let's continue to build thru free agency and the draft.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 6, 2017 3:29 pm

This rumor is still floating around.
Some writers are saying Atlanta is the perfect situation for him. I just don't see it happening still due to the amount of money he makes.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#4 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 4:25 pm

The more this Sherman story unfolds, the more I want him for the Falcons. Sherman has talent, but also has attitude and age, but on the other side, the Falcons have a small window to win a Super Bowl.

Sherman is 29yr old, which means the he has about 3-4 year left in his prime. That 3-4 years, is the same Super Bowl window that the Falcons have.

You also have to address the attitude, and with this, i think the Falcons have the magic key in Dan Quinn. Sherman and Quinn like each other and most importantly they respect each other, and for this, i think Quinn is one of the few people in the NFL who can say something to Sherman, and he actually listens to it.

Seattle trading Sherman to Atlanta could also give Sherman a new level of drive and focus that this established DB needs. Sherman is the kind of player who loves to be disrespected and loves being the under dog, he loves thinking the whole world is against him. If Sherman is traded by Seattle, he will think he is being disrespected and will want to prove everybody wrong. This focused Sherman could be a great asset to any contender team.

Lastly, Atlanta needs Sherman cover skills, but most importantly the Falcons need his leadership. Sherman thinks very highly of himself and is very vocal and most importantly he has won the big games and been there before and that is what the Falcons need, a player who knows how to win at the end of games. If the Falcons are ever on the verge of a 4th quarter meltdown, you will need Sherman there to scream at everybody in the sideline and in the huddle, to make sure that, that meltdown doesn't happen.

Here are the trading pieces Atlanta has to offer:
Hageman
Alford
Trufant
Draft Picks

Hopefully Alford and a 2nd round pick would be enough. If not, then maybe offer a 1st and 5th round pick for Sherman, if that doesn't work, then maybe Trufant for Sherman straight up
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 7, 2017 1:56 pm

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Seahawks want "a very good player plus a high draft pick" for Richard Sherman.
The trade cost is in addition to the $22.4 million Sherman is owed over the next two years and the long-term extension the 29-year-old likely would request from his new team. Salguero also believes Sherman "has some leverage in deciding where he would play," which likely eliminates any non-contenders from the running. Considering the price, Sherman's assertion there is "very little chance" he gets traded seems well founded.
Source: Miami Herald

Return to Atlanta Falcons