And1: 57,364

NFL Draft Discussion 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Re: NFL Draft Discussion (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#2 » by Mich3006 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:25 am

I´m no draft expert (in German pay-TV we can still watch only a few college football games) but I think this year´s QB class is weak. It wouldn´t be a surprise if defensive players will be picked first, especially with guys like Garrett and Hooker
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Ayatollah wrote:I´m no draft expert (in German pay-TV we can still watch only a few college football games) but I think this year´s QB class is weak. It wouldn´t be a surprise if defensive players will be picked first, especially with guys like Garrett and Hooker

Consensus here is this draft is deep on defense and particularly with edge rushers and DB's. Which (of course) dovetails nicely into the needs for the local team I support.

By the way - I'm certainly no draft expert either. But I follow some real good ones on Twitter. One in particular I recommend to everyone looking for recommendations is The Sports Narrative. These guys really do their homework and are partners with the local sports talk legend (Norm Hitzges) in preparing for the draft each year. If you are so inclined, here's a link to their Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/sportsnarrative

Definitely worth your time. And from a credibility standpoint, they had Dak ranked higher than anyone but the top 3 QB's (Goff, Lynch and Wentz) last year with compelling arguments to support him. They were right.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#4 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:22 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the draft, but how the **** did OJ Howard climb up and draft board so quick? I realize he was criminally underutilized in Bama for much if not all of his career, but 4?
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#5 » by jwise44 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Wow they have trubisky falling all the way to us? That would be pretty nice but we still need an o-line to protect and another weapon for him or he's screwed...hopefully if that happens we still get romo to give trubisky a year (or in romos most likely scenario a few games) to get adjusted
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#6 » by laika » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm

I think Watson is the most interesting player in the draft.
Supposedly most NFL teams do not rate him as a first round caliber player. But why?
The most cited concern is accuracy. But Winston was at least as inaccurate and he went #1 overall. I know it's just one game, but I don't think you can ignore Watson's championship game performance. People were talking about Alabama as having the greatest defense ever before that game and Watson shredded them.
I think the Browns would be crazy to pass on Watson at 12. Winning matters as a QB, and they need a QB in the worst way.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:25 am

jwise44 wrote:Wow they have trubisky falling all the way to us? That would be pretty nice but we still need an o-line to protect and another weapon for him or he's screwed...hopefully if that happens we still get romo to give trubisky a year (or in romos most likely scenario a few games) to get adjusted

I'm hearing Romo doesn't want to go to Houston now.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#8 » by jwise44 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
jwise44 wrote:Wow they have trubisky falling all the way to us? That would be pretty nice but we still need an o-line to protect and another weapon for him or he's screwed...hopefully if that happens we still get romo to give trubisky a year (or in romos most likely scenario a few games) to get adjusted

I was talking to my uncle today who knows people that run in his circle apparently and he's a die hard cowboys fan and he said it was basically a done deal him coming here short of broncos trading for him
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:00 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I was talking to my uncle today who knows people that run in his circle apparently and he's a die hard cowboys fan and he said it was basically a done deal him coming here short of broncos trading for him

Why don't you guys make a trade before you lose out again? Tick talk, tick talk, :lol: After all its not like you don't have the money and cap space. Oops, I think I already said this before. This is just another reason why you guys always and will always play second fiddle to the Cowboys in the great state of Texas. You guys have sure botched this off season so far.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#10 » by bleu » Tue Apr 4, 2017 5:09 am

laika wrote:I think Watson is the most interesting player in the draft.
Supposedly most NFL teams do not rate him as a first round caliber player. But why?
The most cited concern is accuracy. But Winston was at least as inaccurate and he went #1 overall. I know it's just one game, but I don't think you can ignore Watson's championship game performance. People were talking about Alabama as having the greatest defense ever before that game and Watson shredded them.
I think the Browns would be crazy to pass on Watson at 12. Winning matters as a QB, and they need a QB in the worst way.

I've been raving about Watson for a long time now. I'm no scout, and I've hit and missed at times in the past. But I REALLY like Watson, and I think he has the potential to not just be a serviceable NFL qb, but be a star. This is really just off of the eye test, not looking at any analytics. But he just seems to have "it". I doubt he falls out of the first round.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#11 » by shawn_hemp » Wed Apr 5, 2017 6:19 pm

Mitch Trubisky kinda came out of nowhere didn't he?

Feel like he might be a disappointment.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#12 » by Mind_Odyssey » Wed Apr 5, 2017 11:31 pm

Hue Jackson loves Josh Dobbs. He's incredibly smart (rocket science major) and has the physical tools needed in the NFL.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#13 » by Mind_Odyssey » Thu Apr 6, 2017 12:09 pm

Another prediction, Browns draft Joe Mixon at 33.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Re: NFL Draft Discussion 4/27-4/29 (to be moved to draft forum at later date) 

Post#15 » by righterwriter » Fri Apr 7, 2017 10:42 am

Do you think there is any chance a team will want to trade up with the Niners to the #2 spot? If so, which teams would want to do it?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 7, 2017 12:11 pm

shawn_hemp wrote:Mitch Trubisky kinda came out of nowhere didn't he?

Feel like he might be a disappointment.

I wouldn't reach for any of these guys (QB's). I love Mahomes but I still think he's a 2nd rounder. He won't be. Fine with me - means some quality defensive player is going to fall to the Cowboys.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 7, 2017 12:12 pm

Mind_Odyssey wrote:Another prediction, Browns draft Joe Mixon at 33.

Honestly - don't see him dropping out of the 1st round. And if I were choosing between him or Cook, I'd almost be tempted to take Mixon.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 7, 2017 4:52 pm

jwise44 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

What bar does your uncle hang out at? We need to have a talk about a few things, :wink: :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 7, 2017 4:53 pm

So much for changing the culture in Cleveland then.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst

Post#20 » by Mind_Odyssey » Fri Apr 7, 2017 5:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

So much for changing the culture in Cleveland then.

Culture is an ESPN buzzword used by fans who don't understand the game.

Return to The General NFL Board