OT: Leafs Playoff GT

Moderator: Crowned

JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,997

OT: Leafs Playoff GT 

Post#1 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Figured that a lot of us are watching the Leafs game right now. With no Raps game today, would the mods be ok with having a Leafs GT here? Leafs board is dead lol.
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Re: OT: Leafs Playoff GT 

Post#2 » by Raps Maniac » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:36 pm

Lol
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,513

Post#3 » by right between the eyes » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:39 pm

Gtfo
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#4 » by MavCarter » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:40 pm

lesss go
#Enjoytheride
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,107

Post#5 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:42 pm

Figured most of the comments would be people complaining. Not surprised.

Every other active board on RealGM supports the other teams in the city but Raptors fans cannot get over their complex :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
supra2k8
Starter
And1: 4,070

Post#6 » by supra2k8 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm only a basketball fan, never watched a full NHL game including Olympics but I'm happy for the leaf's fans, especially when a lot are raps fans too.
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Intense first period so far.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#8 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:44 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:Figured most of the comments would be people complaining. Not surprised.

Every other active board on RealGM supports the other teams in the city but Raptors fans cannot get over their complex :lol:

Tbh I never see wizards or Celtics fans complain about the captials or Bruins. I don't like hockey but the hostility is weird
Raptors til death
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#9 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:47 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Figured most of the comments would be people complaining. Not surprised.

Tbh I never see wizards or Celtics fans complain about the captials or Bruins. I don't like hockey but the hostility is weird

Pretty much this.. Do not like hockey? That is fine but stfu about it :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,019

Post#10 » by Clutch0z24 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Never been a hockey fan but i am giving the playoffs a try and i must say the teams not bad so far....I will be a playoff bandwagon fan atm
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#11 » by zilby » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:48 pm

I have a thing about supporting the city's teams in their success. I watched the MLS Cup and I absolutely loathe watching soccer.

This iteration of the Leafs is really fun to watch. They're a team full of young guys and rookies and they play a high-octane style game. Just get out and run. It's been really difficult to cheer for them, and I generally don't watch hockey but I pay attention by association of all my friends being huge hockey fans, in the past. I likened them to the Knicks of the NHL, forever stuck in mediocrity and ownership caring more about turning a profit and selling a crappy team that the fans ate up with no playoffs year after year. Shanahan, Lamoriello and Babcock have done a really good job rebuilding and actually have a foundation now.

Leafs look prepared. Babs has a lot of playoff experience and it looks like he prepped them well.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#12 » by Inevitable » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:49 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:

Our playoff game is on a secondary channel that many people don't have so they can show two out of market hockey teams. Do any other big sports cities treat their NBA teams like that?
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,994

Post#13 » by NinjaBro » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:49 pm

Lifelong diehard Leafs fan checking in.
GED Education
General Manager
And1: 9,872

Post#14 » by GED Education » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Inevitable wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:

Our playoff game is on a premium channel that many people don't have. Do any other big sports cities treat their NBA teams like that?

Yes. Chicago to the Blackhawks. For years they were on some weird channel and they would blackout home games. They fixed that. They are more popular than the Bulls now.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#15 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Inevitable wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:

Our playoff game is on a secondary channel that many people don't have so they can show two out of market hockey teams. Do any other big sports cities treat their NBA teams like that?

The leafs are playing on CBC on Saturday. It's not a leafs problem. Rogers are paying billions for the hockey rights if the ratings are better. From a business perspective it makes sense
Raptors til death
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#16 » by Northface82 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:53 pm

Are the TML babes out in full effect?
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by JaysRule15 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Solid first period. Not showing any sign of nerves, despite most of the team playing in the playoffs for the first time.
Jonas DeRoss
RealGM
And1: 102,548

Post#18 » by Jonas DeRoss » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:57 pm

is bruno active for the leafs?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,751

Post#19 » by Duffman100 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 pm

They are so fast. Really like this Leaf's team. Two ROY candidates, a ton of draft picks...in the playoffs, this team is going to be good for a long time.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#20 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Inevitable wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:

You do realize this all comes down to ratings and agreements and what not? They probably agree to show all NHL games on the main networks and the Raptors get whatever is left. Sportsnet knows what they are doing in order to make themselves maximum money and have maximum ratings. SN1 comes in tons of most basic tv packages as well so I am surprised so many people do not have it, I cannot say I have ever met anyone that does not have it IRL.

Either way, it is still ridiculous to bitch about hockey because the raptor game is on SN1 :lol:

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs