Official Liverpool FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Re: Official Liverpool FC Thread 

Post#681 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 am

HIF wrote:As an outsider I'd have to say that Liverpool have been poor tactically at times and their defence has been exposed especially their central defenders (and I realise that injuries have interferred here). Generally it's been great to watch their games as you can always expect goals but that isn't the foundation of a prem title winning team. I'm don't think that Liverpool will win a title under Klopp but the games will always be fun to watch.

You may be right. Our defense isn't great...but it was his first season in charge. Let's hope he's able to shore it up a bit better. We're not terrible...but we need to go from "their OK"....to..."yeah...they're pretty solid".

The argument I'd throw against you though, is that we have played the top teams really, really well. We can beat / play with the best of them. It's been the losses / ties to sub-10 teams that have just KILLED us. Part of that has been the depth. We just don't have any margin for error. Watching Coutinho get hurt, followed by Mane leaving for international duty exposed how short of options we are. Coupled by the fact that both happened to come when we went through the marathon of games. Worst timing possible.

I think we CAN win the title under Klopp. Mane was a great signing that worked out really well. He needs to land a couple defensive guys, and another offensive weapon. And he needs a couple of those signings to really work out, like Mane did. We're not gonna have an all-star 2nd team, like some clubs. But we also gotta have some margin for error.

We'll see. This league can be brutal. We really shoulda had this....or at least be neck in neck with Chelsea. Losses to Hull...Swansea...Burnley....Bournemouth...Leicester. That's why we are out of it.

But take our last 5 games: Tie Chelsea (who are on a roll), Lose to Hull. Beat Tottenham..lose to Leicester. Then beat Arsenal. So you can see why Liverpool fans feel like we really coulda done something, had we taken care of the teams we should beat. We go beat Man-City in that HUGE Dec-31 game, and then tie last-place Sunderland the next game.

To me, it was the start of the year. We just collapsed. If Klopp can correct that, I think a title is possible. We'll see. We had no Europe this year. We'll need to be even deeper if we're competing there.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#682 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:53 am

Damn....that was an ugly game. But we won. 3 points. Good for us.

Europe is still in sights.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#683 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:46 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Damn....that was an ugly game. But we won. 3 points. Good for us.

Europe is still in sights.

Hey...
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#684 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:48 am

Yo....how goes?

Grinded out a tie at Man-City today. Coulda been worse, eh?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#685 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Yo....how goes?

Missed the 1st half. It was a decent 2nd half though.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#686 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Yo....how goes?

Missed the 1st half. It was a decent 2nd half though. Thought we might pull it out. Oh well...

Yeah...it's no easy feat leaving city with 3-points. We got 4 out of 6 from them this season. Not bad
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#687 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 am

Your boys didn't even need Durant tonight. That was a good win for them. You know OKC had to walk away a bit depressed. I think they know they can't beat the Warriors.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#688 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:15 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Your boys didn't even need Durant tonight. That was a good win for them. You know OKC had to walk away a bit depressed. I think they know they can't beat the Warriors.

Always enjoyable!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#689 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Apr 3, 2017 4:00 pm

Good win on Saturday. I caught 3/4's of the game...but I was half watching/ half getting ready to move. We looked pretty good.

How good was the Mane signing?? I love it. We need Klopp to sign a couple more like that.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#690 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 4:54 am

And then we turn around, and lay an egg.

Honestly....we're never gonna win a title if we can't put away the bottom 8 teams. This isn't one or two teams. This is a pattern. Klopp needs to address this if he wants to stay here. Your not gonna go loss-less against the other top-6 teams prob ever again.

You realize that? Not a single loss to the other top-5-6 teams. Alot of wins in there actually. But we are pitiful against the counterpart. And that's just focus. If I was the owner of Liverpool...I call Klopp into the office at the end of the season, and I want him to account for this, and I wanna know what things I am going to see IMMEDIATELY next season that assure me that won't happen again.

I really think we coulda had this season. But for stupid losses and ties. We'd at the very least be neck-n-neck with Chelsea. And we dont have any Europe excuse either. I mean WTF?!?!
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#691 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 7:34 pm

Wow....Mignolet earned his pay check today! Sheesh......we made that hard on ourselves.

If we're in the Champions League next year....remember today. Huge 3 points towards it.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#692 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:35 am

Yo Cactus....you ready for the post-season? Who you guys got first? Durant sure looked ready to rock last night.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#693 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:48 am

danfantastk32 wrote:Yo Cactus....you ready for the post-season? Who you guys got first? Durant sure looked ready to rock last night.

Portland. Game 1, Sunday. :D
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#694 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:Yo Cactus....you ready for the post-season? Who you guys got first? Durant sure looked ready to rock last night.

Portland. Game 1, Sunday. :D

Nice. Gotta take each game serious....but I don't see too much issue with that team. Alot of salary on overlapping talent. They are a poorly constructed "team"
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#695 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:18 am

I missed the last couple of games. Was out of town & had some other things going on. Did I miss anything? :wink:
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach

Post#696 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:48 am

Cactus Jack wrote:I missed the last couple of Reds games. Was out of town & had some other things going on. Did I miss anything? :wink:

It's too bad Chelsea has kind of run away with it this season. Not the same intrigue.

Nah didn't miss much. The last game really exemplified what I have thought about this team. We sat Coutinho and Firmino because of injuries, and went down 1-0. Klopp put them on, and immediately the game shifted. I think it's fair to expect your better / best players to make impacts....but we aughta be able to take care of lower teams without ALL our best players out there. We're still too thin. We need a couple more guys to help share some of the load.

As well....we had some major defensive gaffs. We're just not a very good defensive team. Mignolet had a couple highlight saves, and that earned us the 3 points.

Big win....but our weaknesses were on display.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#697 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Another bottom half team, another loss. :roll:

No Champions League.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#698 » by HIF » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:11 am

Palace after Spurs and Leicester are the most inform team in the league at the moment. It wasn't a surprise. Liverpool are not losing to "bottom half" teams now they are losing to good teams.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#699 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 am

Still can't afford to lose at home when trying to qualify for CL, no matter the opponent.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#700 » by HIF » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:30 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Still can't afford to lose at home when trying to qualify for CL, no matter the opponent. Both City & United have an edge in games played. It certainly is a bad loss.

True.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to The General Soccer Board