congrats to the leafs

Moderator: Crowned

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Re: congrats to the leafs 

Post#81 » by Scott Hall » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:40 am

Kappanen is a **** stud!

I know he got off to a slow start but I saw this dude first hand in the playoffs last year for the Marlies and he's got All-Star
upside he's the real deal!!!
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,043

Post#82 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 am

Surprisingly leaf fans arent that devout. Jurassic park looked a bit empty.

Raptor fans would've stayed I think

Oh lord, just heard someone compare Boyle to Chara. Not even close except size.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#83 » by Scott Hall » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 am

Kappy had the golden goal for the Finns to win the world Juniors...put the Leafs ahead in that must win Pitts game
and now this...

I think we have a clutch player on our hands
Noobslife
Starter
And1: 2,107

Post#84 » by Noobslife » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:52 am

Can't believe they actually stole a game in Washington. I wonder if they can win both games at home...
Pessimists are in a win-win situation. Whatever happens, they are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Post#85 » by LLJ » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:54 am

Garlic Sauce wrote:Surprisingly leaf fans arent that devout. Jurassic park looked a bit empty.

I don't think Leafs fans know how good they have it right now. This is a plucky no-quit team with incredible young talent, a great coach, and finally solid management.

It would be very embarrassing for the veteran Raptors if the young Leafs have a longer playoff run than them. But they are playing the Caps real tough. Either game could have gone either way.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#86 » by omar36 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:14 am

Garlic Sauce wrote:Surprisingly leaf fans arent that devout. Jurassic park looked a bit empty.

raps have a younger fanbase so its not much of a surprise.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:27 am

It's probably hard to be a young leaf fan. The crowd is filled with execs, retired people, and the uppers are taken and renewed by middle aged loyalists every year. Its become too exclusive. Raptors are not too far away from getting there with all these rich snobby and flashy people showing up to the games.

Go to Buffalo for a few hockey games and you will always see canadian peewee and midget league coaches bringing the kids in to watch some hockey.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,546

Post#88 » by s e n s i » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:30 am

Double Helix wrote:Auston Matthews will get clobbered cleanly within the next 2 years and develop concussion issues and this new Leafs core will max out below this Raptors core. A Conference Finals.

It's the Leafs way.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

what an incredibly sh*tty and tasteless post. Lol who the hell says that
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,176

Post#89 » by LLJ » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:45 am

The Leafs are not the Knicks anymore so we should stop that comparison. The Knicks are saddled with terrible ownership who hires bad management when he's not meddling himself. And they can't tank properly. The Leafs tanked REAL GOOD last year and are reaping rewards for it. For the first time in decades, the Leafs actually have qualified, respected people making moves, and they know how to develop young players, pick out good talent, and people who know how to build a proper hockey team.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

congrats to the leafs 

Post#90 » by Double Helix » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm

s e n s i wrote:
Double Helix wrote:Auston Matthews will get clobbered cleanly within the next 2 years and develop concussion issues and this new Leafs core will max out below this Raptors core. A Conference Finals.

It's the Leafs way.

It's a sport with as many concussion issues as the NFL with far less of a spotlight on it. The removal of clutch and grab has actually increased the speed of some of these open ice hits. It's not a matter of if but when in this sport with the finesse players. Crosby knows what I'm talking about.

All the quick finesse players get targeted. Patrik Laine got it already this year. Matthews will take an open ice hit within the next 2.

The sports Barbaric setup allows for these kinds of wild swings and a rising star of today could be forever changed in an instant with some of these huge hits. So, it's hard to put too many eggs in the Leafs basket in a league where one of the top phenoms of the game (Crosby) saw prime years removed from him from concussions.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#91 » by DonMega » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:39 pm

This is why I'm still salty about the Wiggins draft, sure he hasn't arrived yet but his team has a future. We should have began a proper rebuild when we had the chance, tanking and getting players through draft. This current raptors team looks like it's on its last legs due to bandaid solutions for years.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#92 » by Griff83 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Double Helix wrote:The problem with the Leafs now will be that they became too good too quick. They needed more years of pain to truly build up the roster.

They have superstar in Matthews.
A superstar winger in Marner.
A nice scorer in JVR.
A nice player in Nylander.
A nice player in Kadri.
A good goalie.

And mediocre defensive defence men and it will be very hard to get one now. They don't become available outside of the draft very often for anything less than franchise level Cs like what the Oilers gave up for Karlson (Taylor Hall)

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

They aquired Adam Larsson and Taylor Hall was never a "franchise C".
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:05 pm

In the NHL you can't suck for too long. Leafs have already been through it. And it really didn't work out for the oilers for all these years until they got McDavid

DonMega wrote:This is why I'm still salty about the Wiggins draft, sure he hasn't arrived yet but his team has a future. We should have began a proper rebuild when we had the chance, tanking and getting players through draft. This current raptors team looks like it's on its last legs due to bandaid solutions for years.

I don't expect the Raptors to ever make the right draft choices, specially in the lotto. But when they make trades they usually make the best. Hard to win a championship in the NBA anyway.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#94 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Double Helix wrote:
s e n s i wrote:

It's the Leafs way.

It's a sport with as many concussion issues as the NFL with far less of a spotlight on it. The removal of clutch and grab has actually increased the speed of some of these open ice hits. It's not a matter of if but when in this sport with the finesse players. Crosby knows what I'm talking about.

All the quick finesse players get targeted. Patrik Laine got it already this year. Matthews will take an open ice hit within the next 2.

The sports Barbaric setup allows for these kinds of wild swings and a rising star of today could be forever changed in an instant with some of these huge hits. So, it's hard to put too many eggs in the Leafs basket in a league where one of the top phenoms of the game (Crosby) saw prime years removed from him from concussions.

Crosby's still dominating, though. A concussion in hockey is no different than a torn ACL in basketball. Hockey players tend to have longer careers on the whole, but injuries are a part of the game. Those are bridges to be crossed at arrival. The Leafs aren't doomed for mediocrity because they're not your favourite hockey team, or because you're bitter that the Raptors just lost.
DonMega
General Manager

Post#95 » by DonMega » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Garlic Sauce wrote:In the NHL you can't suck for too long. Leafs have already been through it. And it really didn't work out for the oilers for all these years until they got McDavid

DonMega wrote:This is why I'm still salty about the Wiggins draft, sure he hasn't arrived yet but his team has a future. We should have began a proper rebuild when we had the chance, tanking and getting players through draft. This current raptors team looks like it's on its last legs due to bandaid solutions for years.

I don't expect the Raptors to ever make the right draft choices, specially in the lotto. But when they make trades they usually make the best. Hard to win a championship in the NBA anyway.

Definitely, ever since we won the draft last year, my expectations for a championship in Toronto go down with the leafs. Most stacked Toronto team ever? We have 3 super stars, a number 1 goalie and a potential star in kappy. Our defense still worries me but I trust management considering we only have hall of famers running this team now. Rogers has the money, should have hired a top scout like leafs with hunter to draft for the raptors.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#96 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:10 pm

DonMega wrote:
Garlic Sauce wrote:In the NHL you can't suck for too long. Leafs have already been through it. And it really didn't work out for the oilers for all these years until they got McDavid

Definitely, ever since we won the draft last year, my expectations for a championship in Toronto go down with the leafs. Most stacked Toronto team ever? We have 3 super stars, a number 1 goalie and a potential star in kappy. Our defense still worries me but I trust management considering we only have hall of famers running this team now. Rogers has the money, should have hired a top scout like leafs with hunter to draft for the raptors.

Watching Rielly and Gardiner step up these two games makes me less concerned about our D. We have the cap to be able to overpay a quality top 4 guy and loads of time to draft and develop bottom pairing replacements.
Roronoa
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#97 » by Roronoa » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Why is there so much animosity between leafs and raptor fans? What's wrong with routing for both teams? :crazy:

Does this happen in other cities?
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,546

Post#98 » by s e n s i » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Double Helix wrote:
s e n s i wrote:

It's the Leafs way.

raptors get blown out = leafs rookie superstar's career will be derailed by concussion issues and the leafs will be mired in mediocrity for eternity because "it's the leafs way"! that's some real quality posting right there
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
DonMega
General Manager

Post#99 » by DonMega » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Double Helix wrote:The Leafs are the Knicks of the NBA anyway. 40 years of sold out buildings and mediocre play in the one city that should have had no excuses.

Auston Matthews will get clobbered cleanly within the next 2 years and develop concussion issues and this new Leafs core will max out below this Raptors core. A Conference Finals.

It's the Leafs way.

Completely wrong on all fronts. Why even post here if you hate the leafs?
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by Westside Gunn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:55 pm

I actually agree the Leafs were the Knicks of the NHL for a long long time until Lieweke came and changed things.

Now they have people that know what they are doing, from coaching, to management, to the roster to the scouting team. Before it was an embarassment. No more meddling from the idiots in the ownership structure.

Concussions are a reality but they can happen to anyone in this league.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs