ImageImageImageImageImage

Who you pickin?

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

-AC-
Sophomore
And1: 7

Who you pickin? 

Post#1 » by -AC- » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Curious who you guys are picking in the draft, if you had the reigns? Real simple, give me a guy for each of the first three rounds for their current place in the draft (2, 34, 66)... Feel free to add or elaborate further, but just start off with a clean 1, 2, 3 to lead off your post...

Should be interesting!
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Re: Who you pickin? 

Post#2 » by Dodub » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:48 pm

No trades?
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#3 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:24 pm

A.) Lattimore (elite player at a premium position. But I'm very concerned about his injury history. I would need my team physician's advice in the matter, along with secondary opinion from an independent doctor / medical professional)

B.) Fournette (just to mess up everyone else's board. On a serious note, if you truly believe he's once a decade type of back, you should pick him as a team who's on record in saying that you are rebuilding). What better way to invest in your future franchise QB who's not yet on your roster. Elleviate the pressure that QBs go though. Our future QB is going to be in a situation where he's not going to be asked to carry the burden and be the hero from day one.

C.) Hooker. I hate the idea of drafting a safety in the first round. Let alone in the top 10. Even crazier, in the top 5. BUT this kid seems to have a special skill set. Lattimore and other teammates have called him "the freak" because athletically the Hooker is on another planet. When you have some of the best athletes calling you "a freak" then that says a lot. His athletic abilities translates well on the field. He has a nose for the ball. Turnover causing machine, and because of that I'd be open in this rare occasion to draft him at #2 because this draft is so deep at the RB position... what I mean by that is I'd be more than willing to pass up on Fournette if our personnel folks can guarantee me that Dalvin Cook and Joe Mixon could be had in the second round.

D.) Solomon He's relentless even though he could be a little inconsistent at times. The dude can play in any scheme. I think he could even play a little 3/4 OLB albeit not on a full time basis; but on occasion to throw a little wrinkle at opposing QBs..keeping them guessing and out of rhythm.

E.) Allen His game film is impressive. The film does not lie. Unfortunately he may be damaged goods. Too many surgeries for a person being so young. His body will start to break down in 5 years.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#4 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:41 pm

A.) Cook Like Jonathan Allen, I don't like the fact that he already has 2 surgeries before even entering the league. However, Shanahan doesn't believe in a 1 back system. He would love to keep Hyde as long as he can in order to prolong both of their careers (Cook and Hyde).

B.) Ross Fastest player in modern day / combine history. In our system he'd make Gabriel look like child's play. Something tells me that Shanahan is drooling over him. The kid is not only fast, he's really a very good player. I've been on Ross' bandwagon since September/October went on record saying he's better than Bradin Cooks. Teams will be scared of his injury history. A first round talent could potentially drop to us.

C.) Jarrad Davis. We don't have any good players left on our roster that's able to play the MLB position at a high level. This kid could probably help us get that respect back.

D.) Zach Cunningham. See above -- Not as good as Davis but close enough.

E.) Kizer / Watson There's no guarantee that we can land Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen in '18. So we better get our insurance policy just in case **** gets real next year. Let's develop a QB in '17 and let him compete with Darnold in '18.

F.) Samuel - I like his game a lot. I think he's going to be a household name when it's all said and done.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#5 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:48 pm

A.) Joe Mixon - at this point it'll be stupid to continue to pass up on him. He's ideal for what Shanahan is trying to do on offense.

B.) Tim Williams - see Mixon above, but on the defensive side.

C.) Bucky Hodges He reeks of Jimmy Graham type potential.

D.) Tanoh K - Ziggy Ansah type potential.

E.) Montravious Adams - who the hell is Earl Mitchell!? We need some serious talent in the middle. Could be the next Kaawan Short in terms of on the field impact. He has all the tools but just a little lazy, which is why he's not a first rounder.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#6 » by I_am_1z » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:37 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

F.) Samuel - I like his game a lot. I think he's going to be a household name when it's all said and done.

Whoa whoa whoa there. Slow down. You said McCaffrey was better than Samuel yet he's not on your list and I believe you implied Samuel's NFL comparison was Jalin Marshall???
Dodub
General Manager

Post#7 » by Dodub » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:51 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa there. Slow down. You said McCaffrey was better than Samuel yet he's not on your list and I believe you implied Samuel's NFL comparison was Jalin Marshall???

McCaffrey is supposed to go in the teens based on everything recent that I've seen. It's not logical to have him on a list for #2 or #34
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#8 » by I_am_1z » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:08 am

Dodub wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

McCaffrey is supposed to go in the teens based on everything recent that I've seen. It's not logical to have him on a list for #2 or #34

I will cut off my jaw and drop it from a cliff if John Ross is selected after McCaffrey.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#9 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:14 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Huh? Did you see which pick in particular that was being referenced (#2 or #34)? Why would I want us to take McCaffrey with the second overall pick. Yes, McCaffrey will be drafted in the first round, but not in the top 5.

Then you lost me with the Samuel comment. I've never compared Samuel to Jalin Marhal. Two different type of players from a talent standpoint.

Again, I must be misunderstanding why you're implying here because this entire post of yours is not making any sense to me.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#10 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:15 am

Dodub wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Thank you. Couldn't have said it any better.

I thought it was self explanatory.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#11 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:28 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Dodub wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

I will cut off my jaw and drop it from a cliff if John Ross is selected after McCaffrey.

You never know 1z. Medical history are major major red flags for teams. I've heard some teams has him ranked #1 on their boards ahead of Davis and Williams. I also hear that he's very fragile (2 knee surgeries, and a shoulder surgery after the combine) and therefore some teams refuse to touch him until the mid/late 2nd round. Hadn't it been for his medical history, I probably would have agreed with you. But there's some serious concerns about him that could cause him to drop...
Dodub
General Manager

Post#12 » by Dodub » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:55 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Dodub wrote:

You never know 1z. Medical history are major major red flags for teams. I've heard some teams has him ranked #1 on their boards ahead of Davis and Williams. I also hear that he's very fragile (2 knee surgeries, and a shoulder surgery after the combine) and therefore some teams refuse to touch him until the mid/late 2nd round. Hadn't it been for his medical history, I probably would have agreed with you. But there's some serious concerns about him that could cause him to drop...

Right. Teams are looking for a long term investment with these picks.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#13 » by I_am_1z » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:04 am

Dodub wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Christian McCaffrey ended his last year at Stanford on a bad note. There were already rumors he's banged up from over usage. He missed a games from injury and skipped his bowl game in fear of injury. He's not doing private workouts because he's afraid to get injured. His father ended his career on a horrific injury. Yet you believe Christian McCaffrey wants a LONG career in the NFL.

On top of that according to the "experts" on here, he's a primary running back. The position with the shortest shelf life. He's also under sized.

Yes, no worries here.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#14 » by arich35 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:15 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:#34

C.) Jarrad Davis. We don't have any good players left on our roster that's able to play the MLB position at a high level. This kid could probably help us get that respect back.

I want this kid. We need a MLB bad IMO and Davis is going to be a good one
Dodub
General Manager

Post#15 » by Dodub » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:35 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Dodub wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Christian McCaffrey ended his last year at Stanford on a bad note. There were already rumors he's banged up from over usage. He missed a games from injury and skipped his bowl game in fear of injury. He's not doing private workouts because he's afraid to get injured. His father ended his career on a horrific injury. Yet you believe Christian McCaffrey wants a LONG career in the NFL.

On top of that according to the "experts" on here, he's a primary running back. The position with the shortest shelf life. He's also under sized.

Yes, no worries here.

Literally all of that first paragraph is nonsense, especially when considering who he's being compared to. Why on Earth would it matter how his dads career ended?! I didn't even bother to read the rest.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#16 » by NinerSickness » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:52 am

arich35 wrote:

Agreed. Davis is going to be like one of those David Harris picks who might never be all-pro', but he'll be solid for a decade IMO.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#17 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:25 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
arich35 wrote:

Agreed. Davis is going to be like one of those David Harris picks who might never be all-pro', but he'll be solid for a decade IMO.

What if Foster falls to the second because of this:

Reuben Foster - LB - Crimson Tide

Conflicting reports emerged Monday on Alabama LB Reuben Foster's medical re-checks of his surgically repaired shoulder.

Shane Alexander notes that ESPN's NFL Insiders mentioned every team was not happy with Foster's repaired shoulder and it might lead to another surgery, which is a similar situation to Shaq Lawson last year. Foster's agent Malki Kawa disputed the claim, stating Foster is ahead of schedule. The person who conducted Foster's surgery is a team doctor, so they certainly would have the correct information to share with teams.
Source: Malki Kawa on Twitter

Apr 18 - 8:46 AM
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#18 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
arich35 wrote:

It was pretty cool that Gruden brought Davis on to Dobb's QB Camp for the one plug role to replicate their in season matchup.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#19 » by NinerSickness » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
arich35 wrote:

What if Foster falls to the second because of this:

Reuben Foster - LB - Crimson Tide

Conflicting reports emerged Monday on Alabama LB Reuben Foster's medical re-checks of his surgically repaired shoulder.

Shane Alexander notes that ESPN's NFL Insiders mentioned every team was not happy with Foster's repaired shoulder and it might lead to another surgery, which is a similar situation to Shaq Lawson last year. Foster's agent Malki Kawa disputed the claim, stating Foster is ahead of schedule. The person who conducted Foster's surgery is a team doctor, so they certainly would have the correct information to share with teams.
Source: Malki Kawa on Twitter

Apr 18 - 8:46 AM

To be honest, I always thought Foster was a bit overrated. He's a fearsome hitter, and he'll be a great player, but I don't think he's all he was cracked up to be (seen OL take him out too easily).

I'd be ok w/ Foster in the 2nd, but I'd rather have Charles Harris.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#20 » by RedneckNiner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:24 am

If the Niners could get Foster in the second awesome. Best ILB in the draft last three or four years and there isn't even a remotely close second.

Return to San Francisco 49ers