Moderator: bwgood77

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,629

Re: OT: Former Pat's Tight End Hernandez Commits Suicide 

Post#121 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 am

DaleyBlind wrote:He was a POS, so good on him

Here here.

I cannot stand all of these new-age theories constructed by do-gooders who try to rationalise criminal behavior that I have seen recently. The world is a better place without him.

Now back to the basketball.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#122 » by gp2015 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:27 am

Edrees wrote:Personally I find this suspicious. Did the police perform a thorough investigation to ensure he wasn't murdered and made look like a suicide? Just don't get why he'd wait until this moment to do it.

I'd rather the police save their time, attention and money on investigating a case that actually deserves it (ie. innocent people's murders, rapes, etc) rather than a POS that doesn't deserve a damn thing.

Good riddance and rot in hell.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#123 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 am

Turner4MVP wrote:
binjumper wrote:
Turner4MVP wrote:
You got me. I am making excuses for someone killing 4+ people because I watch football. I think it's pretty obvious Aarron Hernandez had mental health issues.

The guy killed people who got him mad at a bar.

Does that sound like a mentally stable person?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-patriots-adviser-admits-team-knew-aaron-hernandez-had-issues/

According to a Wall Street Journal story from 2013, shortly before the 2010 draft, a scouting service prepared a psychological profile available to every team that described Hernandez as "living on the edge of acceptable behavior,"

Of course they knew he had issues but people choose to overlook them because of his immense talent. This is not an issue to just NE, the Cowboys signed that domestic abuser, its a sports issue that people are allowed to slide and get away with stuff that normal citizens would have been incarcerated for if they have great talent. In reality Hernandez never should have made it to the NFL. He should have been in jail for attempted murder for those 2 people he almost killed while in UF. Witnesses had described him as the shooter but of course the Gainesville police failed to adequately investigate because he was a prized prospect in the football team and they have a long history of protecting the players. This guy had been allowed to get away with stuff for a long time because of his talent, he most have felt emboldened by that. He was a cold sociopath, an evil human being, who knows what other atrocities he committed. This prob wont change a thing but I wish sports had more of a conscience. Was the winning for the Gators and Patriots worth it now that they know what he did? Im sure they will pretend he never existed but he did.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,505

Post#124 » by zimpy27 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:28 am

Best thing he could've done
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,221

Post#125 » by monopoman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:33 am

HoopsterJones wrote:Saves taxpayer's money for his life sentence.

Well if he was on death row it would actually save them even more money.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,859

Post#126 » by 510TWSS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:07 am

Hard to feel anything for the murderer.
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#127 » by Lawyershawn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 am

Something not considered, concussions do cause psychopathic behavior. We still don't know the full effects of brain damage. See, Chris Benoit.
Lower Cases & Capitals
Idunkon1stdates
Senior
And1: 22

Post#128 » by Idunkon1stdates » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:20 am

Turner4MVP wrote:
righterwriter wrote:He didn't willfully throw it all away. He was a mentally ill large man that could play football at a high level. Someone that is a sociopathic violent criminal usually isn't doing destructive things by choice but by compulsion. Just like a normal person doesn't make the choice to not kill that person for looking at them funny, Hernandez didn't really have the choice NOT to attack someone as that was the way he was wired.

It's absolutely not an excuse, as these people need to either be institutionalized and hopefully rehabilitated from a young age or simply put out the back and shot when all else fails so that innocent people don't have to suffer, but it should bear some greater understanding about psychological afflictions.

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine REALGM to have the most nuanced, fair, and accurate take on Aarron Hernandez. You are 100% right and people need to do some reading on the illusion of free will. If you consistently make good choices you should be thanking the genetic/environmental lottery.

If free will is an illusion and every action in the universe is a set of pre-determined events, then their response to his suicide is outside of their control, your response to that post was beyond your free will, and my response to you was pre-determined and something I cannot be held liable for.

In today's society, everyone is mentally ill and no one is responsbile for anything anymore. Determinism gone mad.
Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#129 » by Jim Naismith » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:49 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Turner4MVP wrote:
binjumper wrote:
The guy killed people who got him mad at a bar.

Does that sound like a mentally stable person?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-patriots-adviser-admits-team-knew-aaron-hernandez-had-issues/

According to a Wall Street Journal story from 2013, shortly before the 2010 draft, a scouting service prepared a psychological profile available to every team that described Hernandez as "living on the edge of acceptable behavior,"

Of course they knew he had issues but people choose to overlook them because of his immense talent. This is not an issue to just NE, the Cowboys signed that domestic abuser, its a sports issue that people are allowed to slide and get away with stuff that normal citizens would have been incarcerated for if they have great talent.

This is a rumor spread by journalist Michele McPhee on Monday April 17 (a day before the Hernandez suicide):

The real reason Aaron Hernandez murdered Odin Lloyd was that Lloyd found out Hernandez was gay.

http://www.metro.us/sports/boston/aaron-hernandez-gay-rumors-facebook-page-say-yes
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#130 » by laika » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

According to a Wall Street Journal story from 2013, shortly before the 2010 draft, a scouting service prepared a psychological profile available to every team that described Hernandez as "living on the edge of acceptable behavior,
Of course they knew he had issues but people choose to overlook them because of his immense talent. This is not an issue to just NE, the Cowboys signed that domestic abuser, its a sports issue that people are allowed to slide and get away with stuff that normal citizens would have been incarcerated for if they have great talent. In reality Hernandez never should have made it to the NFL. He should have been in jail for attempted murder for those 2 people he almost killed while in UF. Witnesses had described him as the shooter but of course the Gainesville police failed to adequately investigate because he was a prized prospect in the football team and they have a long history of protecting the players. This guy had been allowed to get away with stuff for a long time because of his talent, he most have felt emboldened by that. He was a cold sociopath, an evil human being, who knows what other atrocities he committed. This prob wont change a thing but I wish sports had more of a conscience. Was the winning for the Gators and Patriots worth it now that they know what he did? Im sure they will pretend he never existed but he did.

What winning? Patriots won 5 super bowls without Hernandez, 0 with him.

Also, the article says nothing about the evidence for an attempted murder, but instead shows why the Patriots couldn't reasonably have passed up Hernandez. To recap- Good endorsement from respected coach, biggest red flag is marijuana use which I don't consider a moral issue, 1st round talent in 4th round and a contract that committed nothing to Hernandez.

I did find an article in which police are quite confident that Hernandez did not commit a murder at university of Florida. Is that the one you are speculating about?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-was-recently-cleared-of-involvement-in-a-2007-double-shooting-in-florida/?utm_term=.ffaeb619d876
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,115

Post#131 » by Edrees » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm

gp2015 wrote:
Edrees wrote:Personally I find this suspicious. Did the police perform a thorough investigation to ensure he wasn't murdered and made look like a suicide? Just don't get why he'd wait until this moment to do it.

I'd rather the police save their time, attention and money on investigating a case that actually deserves it (ie. innocent people's murders, rapes, etc) rather than a POS that doesn't deserve a damn thing.

Good riddance and rot in hell.

It isn't for him. It's for someone else who may have the potential to murder someone who is a good person. what if someone in that jail was locked up for way less of a crime (say drug possession) who was actually a good person and they were murdered and staged to look like a suicide? We don't catch murderers for the victims we do it mostly to prevent new victims.

I don't think it's worth putting too many resources into but without looking into it I don't think you can claim this as a definitive suicide.

No sympathy for Hernandez. I'm more concerned about possible inoccents getting killed and making them look like suicide.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#132 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 am

Lawyershawn wrote:Something not considered, concussions do cause psychopathic behavior. We still don't know the full effects of brain damage. See, Chris Benoit.

This POS had a history going back to high school. I'm ruling out concussion-induced gangster behavior.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#133 » by Lawyershawn » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Lawyershawn wrote:Something not considered, concussions do cause psychopathic behavior. We still don't know the full effects of brain damage. See, Chris Benoit.

This POS had a history going back to high school. I'm ruling out concussion-induced gangster behavior.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aaron-hernandez/aaron-hernandez-s-brain-being-held-illegally-medical-examiner-lawyer-n749011

They will study his brain for damage.
Lower Cases & Capitals
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Re: Former Pat's Tight End Hernandez Commits Suicide 

Post#134 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Aaron Hernandez committed suicide in his jail cell Wednesday morning, reportedly by hanging himself from the window using a bed sheet.

Leslie Walker, executive director of the nonprofit Prisoners’ Legal Services of Massachusetts, believes it’s the first successful suicide by that method at the maximum-security Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center.

Walker told The Boston Globe on Wednesday that Massachusetts had a high suicide rate among prisoners 10 years ago but that the state has worked on "suicide-proofing" its facilities. At Souza-Baranowski’s maximum-security facility, according to Walker, that means the windows are small rectangles about 3 feet above the ground, and their frames are flush with the glass, so there’s no easy way to tie a sheet to the metal.

"It’s designed as a supermax prison, so it’s mostly cement and then the frame around the window is metal," Walker told The Globe. "I imagine there would be an opportunity to figure out a way to pry that metal, but I had not heard of it before."

Boston Globe

By God - he showed them!
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:18 pm

Lawyershawn wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/aaron-hernandez/aaron-hernandez-s-brain-being-held-illegally-medical-examiner-lawyer-n749011

They will study his brain for damage.

Good.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#136 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:04 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:Saves taxpayer's money for his life sentence.

You actually think the tax payers are saving money by his death? All it did was open up another bed to stick someone else in there. Your taxes are not going to drop just because one person in prison dies.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#137 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:54 pm

So does anyone know if it's true that he left 3 suicide notes and that one of the notes he left was to his lover in prison? I'm really starting to believe the theory that he killed Lloyd because he thought Lloyd was spreading word that he was gay. If you read that Rolling Stones article from 2013 it appears that Hernandez was upset with Lloyd because Lloyd's cousins were calling Hernandez "he's one of those funny people". He heard them insinuating that he was gay and seems to have taken it out on Lloyd.
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#138 » by britblazerdude » Mon May 8, 2017 8:25 pm

Aaron Hernandez' suicide note told his wife she was now "rich." This is unlikely to be true. His estate is worth $0. And if they do end up litigating these issues and he does have a load of cash left over, the suicide note creates the obvious notion that he committed suicide specifically to allow his family to earn $. A court will definitely say no that that as a matter of policy . . . You can't use that innocent-until-final-appeal argument to justify your own suicide. In the case, all money will go to Odin Lloyd family.
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#139 » by Mr B » Mon May 8, 2017 11:16 pm

britblazerdude wrote:Aaron Hernandez' suicide note told his wife she was now "rich." This is unlikely to be true. His estate is worth $0. And if they do end up litigating these issues and he does have a load of cash left over, the suicide note creates the obvious notion that he committed suicide specifically to allow his family to earn $. A court will definitely say no that that as a matter of policy . . . You can't use that innocent-until-final-appeal argument to justify your own suicide. In the case, all money will go to Odin Lloyd family.

I think that comment was in reference to the money that the Patriots would owe him. If he has no conviction (because he died during the appeal process) then there was no breach of contract on his part and the Patriots would have to give him back the guaranteed money he was due. Also the NFL would have to reinstate his pension (which would go to his estate).

He was an idiot though because it's not like the Pats are just going to give that money back. They are going to have to sue the Pats to get that money. After all is said and done the lawyers are going to end up with most of that money.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue May 9, 2017 12:06 am

Mr B wrote:
britblazerdude wrote:Aaron Hernandez' suicide note told his wife she was now "rich." This is unlikely to be true. His estate is worth $0. And if they do end up litigating these issues and he does have a load of cash left over, the suicide note creates the obvious notion that he committed suicide specifically to allow his family to earn $. A court will definitely say no that that as a matter of policy . . . You can't use that innocent-until-final-appeal argument to justify your own suicide. In the case, all money will go to Odin Lloyd family.

I think that comment was in reference to the money that the Patriots would owe him. If he has no conviction (because he died during the appeal process) then there was no breach of contract on his part and the Patriots would have to give him back the guaranteed money he was due. Also the NFL would have to reinstate his pension (which would go to his estate).

He was an idiot though because it's not like the Pats are just going to give that money back. They are going to have to sue the Pats to get that money. After all is said and done the lawyers are going to end up with most of that money.

They always do...

Return to The General NFL Board