ImageImageImageImageImage

Melo Trade Thread Offseason Edition 1

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Re: Melo Trade Thread Offseason Edition 1 

Post#381 » by TankCommander17 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:why would boston go for carmelo when they can probably use that brooklyn pick to get a frustrated paul george thats about to get 4-0'd in the first round and is a better player and fit than carmelo

Because PG wants to go to LA when he is a free agent. Adding PG does not make them a contender. They wont use a BK pick for a 1 year rental.

Melo will command one of their crappier picks.

The only drawback is they seem really high in Hayward and the way he is playing in the playoffs hopefully diminishes their desire for him a bit.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#382 » by knickstape4ever » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
Knickerbock wrote:Would Miami want to dump Chris Bosh's contract..? I see that Miami is not very interested in building through the draft.. But would they want Carmelo Anthony ..?

I think his contract is going to come off the Heat cap.

If we take McRoberts back they could potentially have the same team that went on the winning streak last year, but Melo instead of Dion Waiters who played well but also only played in 46 game total for them and might get a very large contract from the 76ers to play for his hometown of Philly.

Melo is a 2 year contract, so its not to long of a contract if it doesn't work out, though I think that lineup fits exactly what Melo needs to thrive, a PG like Dragic who can get easy transition points so Melo can score easy 3's as a trailer and in the half court Dragic can be a reliable a 3 pt shooter Melo can pass to if he tries to post up. A defensive center like Whiteside that would keep opponents from driving pass Melo, so all Melo would have to guard against is opponents shooting. Hell even James Johnson works with Melo because he can guard the better opposing Wing player and Melo can play PF on offense and SF on defense if he wants. Short term the Heat win that trade by a mile and should be a mid to high seed playoff team. Also add in all the perks from living Miami and the storyline of Melo going there and playing against both Wade's Bulls and Lebron's Cavs games will be must see TV. Melo would likely thrive there and Riley probably knows that. Its just Riley is also a liar, which makes him a good poker player. Though he did say he was open to trades to make the team better.

#14, Winslow and McRoberts on the other hand could in the long term work best for the knicks. Winslow offensively is.... tragic, but he is a good defender and passer. If he can develop an outside shot he is as good a 3&D player as you can ask for in the triangle due to his passing ability. He is young enough maybe that he can become better offensively and he'll see minutes at starting SF as Melo's replacement. As for Pick 14 its not great (Riley called it a purgatory pick I believe) but its another asset to either draft or possibly flip into a future 2018 pick or another asset. McRoberts would be another Big to spell Willy and KP through the season and might make Kyle a little more disposable for a separate trade. If the plan is to rebuild for the future it could really pay off in 2-3 seasons.

I've been proposing the exact same thing. I think Melo makes MIA a much more viable contender than Winslow, McRoberts and #14. Winslow would add the some much needed defense, with the potential to develop his offensive game
Run DLC
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,787

Post#383 » by Run DLC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:36 pm

He'd be a great fit with the Clippers and a greater fit with the Celtics, but the problem is Melo's ego. He still plays the same way and doesn't want to adapt to the new NBA playing style and pace. If he can just accept that he's no longer a top 10-15 player in the league and play as a second fiddle, then he'd be better off on the teams like, Clippers, Celtics, etc.
Thanks for all the great memories, LeBron! The show must go on! #Heatnation
delvec19
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#384 » by delvec19 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 pm

Just got a TeamStream alert saying Melo to Celts could happen this offseason, Knicks interested in Crowder.
coopnyc74
Pro Prospect
And1: 451

Post#385 » by coopnyc74 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:08 pm

The best scenario for trading Melo is if the Celtics get swept, they dont have someone who demands a double team, they will get desperate. As good as Thomas is he does not change the defensive dynamic on the floor, Melo still makes you adjust to him.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,827

Post#386 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm

delvec19 wrote:Just got a TeamStream alert saying Melo to Celts could happen this offseason, Knicks interested in Crowder.

Pushing the same NYPost article that speculated on it?
delvec19
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#387 » by delvec19 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
delvec19 wrote:Just got a TeamStream alert saying Melo to Celts could happen this offseason, Knicks interested in Crowder.

Pushing the same NYPost article that speculated on it?

I guess? I haven't been reading this thread, so first I saw of it.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#388 » by sol537 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:11 pm

NY Trades: Melo + O'Quinn + 2017 2nd
BOS Trades: Crowder + Zeller + Smart + 2018 Nets Pick swap + 2018 Boston 1st Rounder
Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#389 » by Rotten Apple » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm

sol537 wrote:NY Trades: Melo + O'Quinn + 2017 2nd
BOS Trades: Crowder + Zeller + Smart + 2018 Nets Pick swap + 2018 Boston 1st Rounder

Yeah sure :lol:

Do you even know who Danny Ainge is?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,355

Post#390 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:14 pm

way way way to much for the knicks to get back.

Any brooklyn pick is not on the table for Melo at this point.

Drop the nets pick and it is at least somewhat close to passable.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#391 » by Rotten Apple » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Melo/KP for 2017 Nets pick, 2018 Nets swap, 2 more additional firsts whenever and matching salaries.

Who says no besides Ainge?
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#392 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Rotten Apple wrote:

That deal, take away Boston pick swap, leave Boston's low first rounder and it could get done. But don't they like Zeller?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,523

Post#393 » by DOT » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

That deal, take away Boston pick swap, leave Boston's low first rounder and it could get done. But don't they like Zeller?

KOQ is better and cheaper than Zeller, so that'd make sense for them
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,355

Post#394 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:19 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

i don't think so because they haven't given him any run in the playoffs where they are getting destroyed on the glass...it would probably just be saving them some money
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,843

Post#395 » by dakomish23 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Not sure why BOS does this deal. They can get better guys if they want to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#396 » by Rotten Apple » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

Bradley will be gone soon I think so they might want to hold onto Smart. Zeller/KOQ works in their favor.

So essentially Crowder plus 2018 1st which would be in the 20s is a steal for Boston in my eyes.

Thomas
Bradley/Smart
Brown
Melo
Horford/KOQ

Plus whoever they get with the 2017 pick.

I just don't see Ainge giving up the Nets pick(s) without getting a stud(Anthony Davis, Giannis, Kawhi type) or someone with huge upside(KP)
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#397 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:21 pm

K-DOT wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

KOQ is better and cheaper than Zeller, so that'd make sense for them

I really think that any deal with Boston with Melo will also include KOQ because he has value, he rebounds well and is a willing passer which fits them too.

The main question is, will the Knicks get enough value back? And personally, I don't think Melo is worth that much more than a pretty good young player and a low first round pick. I think that's his value. I think there is a decent chance he outperforms his perceived value, but I just can't see an aging vet like Melo or anyone like him, pulling in more than that.

edit*
Not that the Knicks would be a better team without Melo, but Crowder\KP\WHG with CLee and lets pretend the Knicks get Fox, would be a pretty nice team, and CLee and Crowder seem like guys content to play within a system and knock down the open shot when it presents itself, so the offense could revolve around new PG (Fox...please God), KP and WHG. The degree to which KP and WHG evolved this offseason would depend on how the Knicks do, but by "do" I mean the difference between 25 and 35 wins.
Rotten Apple
General Manager

Post#398 » by Rotten Apple » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Not sure why BOS does this deal. They can get better guys if they want to.

WHO?

Ainge only wants highway robbery trades. I know Melo isn't getting us a BK pick but I think under the right circumstances a deal can be reached but I don't think Melo wants to play in Boston, green will make him look fatter :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#399 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Rotten Apple wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Rotten Apple wrote:

Bradley will be gone soon I think so they might want to hold onto Smart. Zeller/KOQ works in their favor.

So essentially Crowder plus 2018 1st which would be in the 20s is a steal for Boston in my eyes.

Thomas
Bradley/Smart
Brown
Melo
Horford/KOQ

Plus whoever they get with the 2017 pick.

I just don't see Ainge giving up the Nets pick(s) without getting a stud(Anthony Davis, Giannis, Kawhi type) or someone with huge upside(KP)

And really, besides the fact that Ainge is a greedy smug pr*ck, really no GM is trading a top pick (this years BK) unless it's a more prime star. And next years, while I really don't think it has the same value, there is still that "dice roll" factor that maybe the Nets suck again and it's a high pick. Again, I think most GM's hold those picks, not Ainge. And any GM then deals their lower own pick like it's house money. Ainge is the sort who wants to hold onto both, though, and that's sort of clown like at this point. Lets see what he does this offseason.
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,099

Post#400 » by nykfan42 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

If there isn't a 1st rd pick this trade is whack. Melo still has value and I like Jae Crowder but there has to be more in that deal salaries don't match either. What is a realistic scenario?
Make the Knicks great again!

Return to New York Knicks