Series Thread: Classies @ Unclassies

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Series Thread: Classies @ Unclassies 

Post#1 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:30 am

**** the birds.

Anyways, love me some Thames. Wish we were ready to truly compete. Would pull the trigger on his jersey.

If we get to the deadline and Thames is still among the statistical offensive leaders, how much of a haul do we get for a left handed slugger like him signed for cheap for 2 & 1/2 years?
Do it for Chuck
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Re: Series Thread: Classies @ Unclassies 

Post#2 » by crkone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Glad to see the **** Card struggling.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#4 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 pm

With kirk dfa'd and broxton struggling makes me wonder if brinson comes up a little sooner than expected. Now I'm sure they will give keon some time to get going and they could also give reed or wren a shot and see if they can stick as 4th ofs so they have time if they want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#5 » by wichmae » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:52 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:With kirk dfa'd and broxton struggling makes me wonder if brinson comes up a little sooner than expected. Now I'm sure they will give keon some time to get going and they could also give reed or wren a shot and see if they can stick as 4th ofs so they have time if they want.

It'll be Reed IMO. They didn't have room in AAA so they sent him to Biloxi. Not gonna bring up Brunson this early and possibly make him a super 2.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,966

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:52 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:With kirk dfa'd and broxton struggling makes me wonder if brinson comes up a little sooner than expected. Now I'm sure they will give keon some time to get going and they could also give reed or wren a shot and see if they can stick as 4th ofs so they have time if they want.

I don't know why they'd worry about starting Brinson's clock. They'll give Keon every chance to succeed this season.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#7 » by El Duderino » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:37 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

I don't know why they'd worry about starting Brinson's clock. They'll give Keon every chance to succeed this season.

Yea, we have other guys who can be called up to be a 4th OF while the team waits to see if Broxton can get hitting.
treego
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#8 » by treego » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

I would like to see Santana in CF, Thames in RF, Braun in LF, and Aguilar at 1B. Aguilar is a terrific hitter with power, and he is a very good fielder at 1st base. Broxton is the 4th OF'er for us. That's the way it should be if we want to field the best team possible.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#9 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:25 am

Wainwright has 4 RBI's. LOL Peralta
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: RE: Re: Series Thread: Classies @ Unclassies 

Post#10 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:48 am

wichmae wrote:

It'll be Reed IMO. They didn't have room in AAA so they sent him to Biloxi. Not gonna bring up Brunson this early and possibly make him a super 2.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah I wasn't implying he would be up next week but he should clear super 2 danger zone by early June. At that point unless the plan was to keep him in AAA even through sept call ups he can be brought up.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#11 » by El Duderino » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:45 am

treego wrote:I would like to see Santana in CF, Thames in RF, Braun in LF, and Aguilar at 1B. Aguilar is a terrific hitter with power, and he is a very good fielder at 1st base. Broxton is the 4th OF'er for us. That's the way it should be if we want to field the best team possible.

Santana is barely a passable defender in RF. In CF he'd be a big liability and he's not a good enough hitter to cover for that at a premium defensive position.

Aguilar had a great spring, but it was spring training, not the majors. In the minors he only had a career .802 OPS and in 2015 at AAA it was .771 and .791 in 2016. It's not like he was tearing up the minors the two previous years before Cleveland let him go.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#12 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:38 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't know why they'd worry about starting Brinson's clock. They'll give Keon every chance to succeed this season.

They started Arcia's for no reason while he was having a **** season.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#13 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:49 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:**** the birds.

Anyways, love me some Thames. Wish we were ready to truly compete. Would pull the trigger on his jersey.

If we get to the deadline and Thames is still among the statistical offensive leaders, how much of a haul do we get for a left handed slugger like him signed for cheap for 2 & 1/2 years?

Pretty sure theres a team option for year 4 as well..
#FreeChuckDiesel
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#14 » by Gianstoppable » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:50 pm

trwi7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I don't know why they'd worry about starting Brinson's clock. They'll give Keon every chance to succeed this season.

They started Arcia's for no reason while he was having a **** season.

Its a crappy reason but it might have been to get the fan base excited. Hes not a guy like Braun or Fielder obviously but he has some promise.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:06 am

Anderson with another good outing
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#16 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Anderson with another good outing

Yanked after 89 pitches and Torres immediately surrenders a home run in the 7th to give the Cardinals the lead.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:53 pm

I'm sitting on the third base side basking in the sun and they're closing the freakin roof. Wtf
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Jimmy Nelson bad again

Return to Milwaukee Brewers