Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett?

Moderator: bwgood77

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Browns have alot of holes to fill on both offense and defense.

The jury is still out on the Jared Goff trade.

The other times a #1 was traded, the Chargers ended up getting Rivers and Shawne Merriman. Before that, the Chargers also ended up trading another #1 and got LT and Brees.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Which team with a top 10 pick should trade for Myles Garrett? 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm

The Browns would be silly to pass up an elite pass rusher. Especially with them also holding the #12 pick.

Simply stand pat. Improve the team with better players. Quality over quantity.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#3 » by RavenMad31 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:The Browns would be silly to pass up an elite pass rusher. Especially with them also holding the #12 pick.

I agree. They've got a pretty nice stockpile of picks, so I don't see the advantage of passing on grabbing the best player available. If they didn't, I'd think differently, but they are in a really good spot as far as grabbing enough building blocks to not have to hate themselves going forward.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#4 » by RavenMad31 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm going to revisit this question, but from the other side of the table and based on the premise that Cleveland IS willing to deal.
Tennessee has a rising offense, but a pretty middling defense. Nothing can change the complexion of a defense like a guy who can disrupt the backfield.
Carolina. Their defense was actually worse than the Titans last year. They brought back Peppers, so maybe a vet-rookie mentorship would work out here.
San Diego. The combination of Garrett and Bosa would create nightmares for opposing offensive lines for the next few years. SD desperately needs defensive help.
I'd say the fit is best in Tennessee and Carolina since they have QBs in or entering their prime. SD might not want to fork over picks since when Rivers leaves, they may find themselves in full rebuild mode, as if they haven't been for about five or six years anyway. Having Rivers does afford them the luxury of maybe looking for his replacement in 2018 when there are going to be much better options available.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm sure Warren Sapp's comments over the weekend didn't help Garrett's cause.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:23 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The Browns would be silly to pass up an elite pass rusher. Especially with them also holding the #12 pick.

I agree. They've got a pretty nice stockpile of picks, so I don't see the advantage of passing on grabbing the best player available. If they didn't, I'd think differently, but they are in a really good spot as far as grabbing enough building blocks to not have to hate themselves going forward.

I could see Tennessee making a move here to be honest.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:

Possibly... although getting a stud defender like Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams sure would be tempting if I were in their shoes.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
RavenMad31 wrote:I agree. They've got a pretty nice stockpile of picks, so I don't see the advantage of passing on grabbing the best player available. If they didn't, I'd think differently, but they are in a really good spot as far as grabbing enough building blocks to not have to hate themselves going forward.

Possibly... although getting a stud defender like Jonathan Allen or Jamal Adams sure would be tempting if I were in their shoes.

You could be right. I remember every Titan game I watch last year, they got killed at CB. They lost at least 3 games last year just by having possibly the worst pair of CB's in the league.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I could see Tennessee making a move here to be honest.

You could be right. I remember every Titan game I watch last year, they got killed at CB. They lost at least 3 games last year just by having possibly the worst pair of CB's in the league.

I really like Jamal Adams. A lot. Wish the Cowboys were in a position to grab him. He's a local kid... and he is going to be great.

Mark my words. Great.
RavenMad31
Senior

Post#10 » by RavenMad31 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:07 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I really like Jamal Adams. A lot. Wish the Cowboys were in a position to grab him. He's a local kid... and he is going to be great.

Mark my words. Great.

LSU has been churning out some nice DBs. This draft is really deep in secondary, so if you're hoping to upgrade there, Dallas should be able to, even if it isn't the kid you like.

Return to The General NFL Board