2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: 2016-17 CFB SEASON / '17 NFL DRAFT 

Post#1841 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Forrest Lamp - T - Hilltoppers

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that the Miami Dolphins are "locked in" on Western Kentucky OL Forrest Lamp for Day 1.

Pauline hears that if Lamp is either already off the board or there is a strong pass-rushing prospect still available at No. 22, they may wait until the second round or thereabouts to draft offensive line help. The analyst relays that Pitt G Dorian Johnson and Utah G Isaac Asiata would be two potential second-round targets for the team. Should they land Lamp in the first round, they would likely focus on pass-rusher come Day 2.
Source: Draft Analyst

Apr 24 - 12:25 PM
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#1842 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705313-caleb-brantley-charged-with-misdemeanor-battery-after-fighting-with-woman

Caleb Brantley - DL - Gators

According to a police report obtained by Florida Times-Union correspondent Patrick Pinak, Florida DT Caleb Brantley faces a misdemeanor battery charge for allegedly punching a woman in the face and knocking her unconscious.

The incident is believed to have occurred on April 13. Per the report, the victim pushed Brantley after he made "crude comments." Brantley allegedly responded by punching the woman in the face with a closed fist, knocking her unconscious and dislodging a tooth. The police report considered that action retaliation, not self-defense. Previously considered a Round 3 pick -- with a ceiling of Round 2 -- Brantley's stock will freefall if this report proves to be true. "Great chance he goes undrafted with this charge coming so close to the draft," Bleacher Report's Matt Miller tweeted. "Teams will be scrambling for info."
Source: Patrick Pinak on Twitter

Apr 23 - 3:49 PM

Well that's incredibly stupid, for a variety of serious.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#1843 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#1844 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1845 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1846 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:58 pm

John Ross - WR - Huskies

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that Washington WR John Ross is "in the conversation" for the Bengals at No. 9.

Pauline additionally reports that the Bengals do not have qualms about Ross' rather extensive injury history. No. 9 is about as high as we have heard for the Washington speedster. Pauline, himself, does not see Ross off the board until No. 21 (to the Lions) in a four-round mock draft released last week.

Apr 24 - 1:30 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1847 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1848 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm

Read on Twitter

I see Adams before Thomas for us
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1849 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:37 pm

7 quick-hitters to know from John Lynch’s pre-draft press conference

http://www.knbr.com/2017/04/24/7-quick-hitters-to-know-from-john-lynchs-pre-draft-press-conference/
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#1850 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 pm

I never noticed it before, but Lynch has funny looking ears.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1851 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:18 am

Jabrill Peppers - DB - Wolverines

ESPN Radio's Danny Kanell shredded Michigan S Jabrill Peppers and Alabama LB Reuben Foster for their diluted Combine drug tests.

Foster's diluted test was reported last week, while Peppers' was reported on Monday. Kanell is not having any of it, saying, ""I cannot understand how guys can be this dumb where they can’t stay out of trouble in the most important job interview of your life. You know exactly when the combine is going to be." Oddly (or not, depending on your viewpoint), Kanell's main gripe, here, is not that Foster and Peppers were potentially using marijuana, but only in the timing. He said, "It’s entirely easy to go through the NFL, you can smoke all the weed you want as long as you’re smart about it." That comment does a pretty good job of capturing the hypocrisy of the NFL in a nutshell.
Source: Russillo and Kanell on Twitter

Apr 24 - 5:55 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1852 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:19 am

Adoree' Jackson - DB - Trojans

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline hears that the Cowboys are targeting USC CB Adoree' Jackson with their first-round pick.

Sitting at pick No. 28, the Cowboys are squarely in the projected draft sweet zone for Jackson. According to Pauline, they are also intrigued by Clemson's Cordrea Tankersly, who could be a Day 2 option for them should Jackson either have already flown off the board or they instead opt to take a first-round pass-rusher. Along with the Cowboys, the Texans, Eagles, Browns, Bucs and Titans reportedly all had visits with Jackson during the draft process.

Apr 24 - 6:08 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1853 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 am

Joe Mixon - RB - Sooners

Jets GM Mike Maccagnon offered a strong hint that the team will not be targeting Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon due to his past assault case.

"We vet this stuff as thoroughly as we can," Maccagnon said, later adding that "I'd rather make sure we focus on players that are good players and ideally good people and good members of our society." Presumably, Mixon is now off the Jets' board, though it should probably be noted that Maccagnon never explicitly stated that Mixon was off the table. If he is, the Jets are not alone on that front. Six of 11 NFL personnel executives polled by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said that they had scrubbed Mixon completely. Even with his very highly-publicized case scaring multiple teams off, it would be a surprise if he is not drafted by the end of Day 2.
Source: New York Daily News

Apr 24 - 6:49 PM
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1854 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see Adams before Thomas for us

I take this back. I just watched 4 games of Adams. Wisconsin, Florida and Bama this year and Bama last year. WTF am I missing? I saw 4 good plays total and one of them was an INT thrown to him, second was tackling Henry for a 2 yard gain, third a backside unblocked tackle on Drake and a tackle on sorry ass Coker who is slow.

In the box I saw him pull up instead of taking kill shots. Several times and I really stress several he dove at the ankles of players and missed tackles. Henry downright abused him one play with not one but two embarrassing stiff arms. He consistently gets swallowed by the initial blocker.

His best hits were on defenseless receivers after the ball was gone. Once on OJ Howard, ball was deflected and uncatchable and dead well before and Adams blasted him from behind just to be a prick. Second was in the end zone after Wisconsin player leaped and couldn't come down with ball, Adams came and shot him in the back anyway.

He times a 4.56 forty and I have read his play speed isn't great.

Again, WhyTF is he being talked about as a top 5 pick?
I don't see FS coverage and I don't see anything that resembles a physical even good tackling SS.

Surely Lynch sees this.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1855 » by NinerSickness » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:43 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Forrest Lamp - T - Hilltoppers

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that the Miami Dolphins are "locked in" on Western Kentucky OL Forrest Lamp for Day 1.

Pauline hears that if Lamp is either already off the board or there is a strong pass-rushing prospect still available at No. 22, they may wait until the second round or thereabouts to draft offensive line help. The analyst relays that Pitt G Dorian Johnson and Utah G Isaac Asiata would be two potential second-round targets for the team. Should they land Lamp in the first round, they would likely focus on pass-rusher come Day 2.

Apr 24 - 12:25 PM

He could be great in a ZBS. Not the best in-line, run blocker IMO. Amazing pass protector, though.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#1856 » by NinerSickness » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:44 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's cra cra. There must be something we don't know about. Humphrey is going to be a pro-bowl-caliber CB.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1857 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:58 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#1858 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Anybody see Reuben Foster's SportsCenter AM hit this morning?

I will once again admit to being far more old-fashioned and stubborn than many kids and coaches are these days but it's blowing my mind seeing some of the early reactions from his hit this morning and some of the reactions trying to spin that into a positive for him.

I don't think I could ever watch that and end up feeling warm and fuzzy for the guy after everything that's developed with him the last several months. It's troubling to me how anybody could spin all of that into a big positive for him. It only reaffirmed some of the worries I have on him with his maturity level. Once again his way of explaining circumstances around himself is very concerning and something I would worry about if you're telling me you're going to want him to be a tone setter and developer of others in your locker room. It's not going to shock me if he's the type that will bring down other vulnerable people around him.

The on the field stuff is different because I do see where he can provide some value for you there IF you do have him. I'm not knocking him SO MUCH on that but his maturity level and some of the things I continue to see from him doesn't give me a ton of hope that he'd ever be the type of guy I'd want to put a lot of time and effort into myself as a coach.

Again at the same time there are parts to his game I really do enjoy watching and think translate, but he'd scare the living daylights out of me if you are going to ask me to stake any bit of my coaching future on his development. Couldn't do it. Wouldn't want to do it. Again I'm not so much doubting that parts of his game won't translate but his overall make up and where I think it COULD head, especially if surrounded by the wrong types of people, scares me to death.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1859 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels

A scout speaking to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel said UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky has "a ceiling to be a solid starter like Alex Smith."

This isn't the first time we've heard this comp. "There’s a smaller variance between his floor and ceiling than Mahomes," the scout said. "He does some good things but doesn’t get me excited. If he hits he’s like from 10 to 20 among the quarterbacks. Him being a one-year wonder is problematic." Trubisky has also been compared to Kirk Cousins. "You’ve got to try with him," another scout said. "He’s the best of the bunch. You just wish he played more. The guy he played behind was terrible. Kind of a concern. As far as the physical gifts, he’s got everything. He’s got the poise, and he works hard." Trubisky is in play to go anywhere from No. 2 down -- and there's been talk, which we don't buy, that Cleveland is considering him at No. 1. "Can sling the ball but his feet get a little bit happy under pressure," a third scout said. "I don’t think he’s a quick mental processor. That’s going to take some time. I don’t know if guys will rall
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Apr 25 - 12:27 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#1860 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Davis Webb - QB - Golden Bears

An anonymous NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Cal QB Davis Webb's evaluation is tricky because "watching (Cal’s Jared) Goff last year ... puts the fear of God in you."

"But he has the potential to be a starter," the scout said of Webb. "Looks like an NFL quarterback." Webb edged Baker Mayfield for the starting QB job at Texas Tech in 2014, but then lost his job to Pat Mahomes a year later. "He’s got a lot of things you want," another scout said. "He’s big, he can throw it, he moves around good enough, he’s competitive. But nobody really has been successful playing in that offense." A third scout concluded: "He melted as the season went on. Better athlete than people realize. Plays in a junk offense. He could get in the top 50."
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Apr 25 - 12:58 PM

Return to San Francisco 49ers