Week 16 Sunday, Dec. 24: vs. Seattle Seahawks

Week 17 Sunday, Dec. 31: @ Philadelphia Eagles
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Re: 2017 Dallas Cowboys Schedule 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Not really liking the week 6 bye week. Would have preferred for it to be between weeks 8-10.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Mr B wrote:Not really liking the week 6 bye week. Would have preferred for it to be between weeks 8-10.

We've been spoiled the last couple of seasons with the late bye week. At least it isn't Week 4.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Then again...

Week 4 - Rams.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#5 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Then again...

Week 4 - Rams.

You mean you're not scared of Jared Goff? Lol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:10 pm

The schedule is what it is. We just take one week at a time and keep moving forward. I know it looks tough on paper but you still have to play the games. And who is to say that all those teams will be as good as last year or injuries won't have an impact when it comes our time to play them. I just say, lets concentrate on the draft, make the defense better and we will be fine.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The schedule is what it is. We just take one week at a time and keep moving forward. I know it looks tough on paper but you still have to play the games. And who is to say that all those teams will be as good as last year or injuries won't have an impact when it comes our time to play them. I just say, lets concentrate on the draft, make the defense better and we will be fine.

Exactly, there are always teams that are supposed to be good that end up sucking and teams expected to be bottom dwellers that end up making the playoffs.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The schedule is what it is. We just take one week at a time and keep moving forward. I know it looks tough on paper but you still have to play the games. And who is to say that all those teams will be as good as last year or injuries won't have an impact when it comes our time to play them. I just say, lets concentrate on the draft, make the defense better and we will be fine.

Exactly, there are always teams that are supposed to be good that end up sucking and teams expected to be bottom dwellers that end up making the playoffs.

And - all it takes is ONE key injury to wreck everything... or change everything for the good.
caliswiss
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#9 » by caliswiss » Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Week 1 Sunday, Sept. 10: vs. New York Giants

Week 2 Sunday, Sept. 17: @ Denver Broncos

Week 3 Monday, Sept. 25: @ Arizona Cardinals

Week 4 Sunday, Oct. 1: vs. Los Angeles Rams

Week 5 Sunday, Oct. 8: vs. Green Bay Packers

Week 6 Sunday, Oct. 15: Bye

Week 7 Sunday, Oct. 22: @ San Francisco 49ers

Week 8 Sunday, Oct. 29: @ Washington Redskins

Week 9 Sunday, Nov. 5: vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Week 10 Sunday, Nov. 12: @ Atlanta Falcons

Week 11 Sunday, Nov. 19: vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Week 12 Thursday, Nov. 23: vs. Los Angeles Chargers

Week 13 Thursday, Nov. 30: vs. Washington Redskins

Week 14 Sunday, Dec. 10: @ New York Giants

Week 15 Sunday, Dec. 17: @ Oakland Raiders

I cant wait till they play San Fran (got my tickets), and Oakland on that westcoast swing.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

caliswiss wrote:

I cant wait till they play San Fran (got my tickets), and Oakland on that westcoast swing.

Raiders are my #2 team from when I was a kid in California and the AFL was a thing. My grandson is a Raiders fan as his dad. Cowboys/Raiders games around my house are always fun. And now that my grandson is 18... he can partake in the adult beverages his dad and I consume.

His mom is the Designated Driver. And - I don't care about legal age. Ain't like he didn't go out for his HS graduation party last night and quaff one or two.
GoldenGM
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#11 » by GoldenGM » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Week 1 Sunday, Sept. 10: vs. New York Giants loss

Week 2 Sunday, Sept. 17: @ Denver Broncos win

Week 3 Monday, Sept. 25: @ Arizona Cardinals win

Week 4 Sunday, Oct. 1: vs. Los Angeles Rams win

Week 5 Sunday, Oct. 8: vs. Green Bay Packers win

Week 7 Sunday, Oct. 22: @ San Francisco 49ers win

Week 8 Sunday, Oct. 29: @ Washington Redskins win

Week 9 Sunday, Nov. 5: vs. Kansas City Chiefs win

Week 10 Sunday, Nov. 12: @ Atlanta Falcons loss

Week 11 Sunday, Nov. 19: vs. Philadelphia Eagles win

Week 12 Thursday, Nov. 23: vs. Los Angeles Chargers win

Week 13 Thursday, Nov. 30: vs. Washington Redskins win

Week 14 Sunday, Dec. 10: @ New York Giants loss

Week 15 Sunday, Dec. 17: @ Oakland Raiders loss

Week 16 Sunday, Dec. 24: vs. Seattle Seahawks loss

win

11-5
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
caliswiss wrote:

Raiders are my #2 team from when I was a kid in California and the AFL was a thing. My grandson is a Raiders fan as his dad. Cowboys/Raiders games around my house are always fun. And now that my grandson is 18... he can partake in the adult beverages his dad and I consume.

His mom is the Designated Driver. And - I don't care about legal age. Ain't like he didn't go out for his HS graduation party last night and quaff one or two.

Never understood how a die hard Cowboy fan from the 60's and 70's could ever become a fan of the Raiders. I grew up hating the Raiders. Oh well.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Never understood how a die hard Cowboy fan from the 60's and 70's could ever become a fan of the Raiders. I grew up hating the Raiders. Oh well.

As I said - I had an AFL team and a NFL team. This is what you did in the 60's.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Never understood how a die hard Cowboy fan from the 60's and 70's could ever become a fan of the Raiders. I grew up hating the Raiders. Oh well.

As I said - I had an AFL team and a NFL team. This is what you did in the 60's.

Just thought I would ask. Most of the Cowboy fans I know and grew up hating the Raiders.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jul 5, 2017 3:49 pm

Oh good.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:43 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Oh good.

Read on Twitter

This is really old and tiring isn't it. Seems like we have been having these problems since 2002. I just don't know what to say anymore. Don't know how these kids put all this time in trying to make the NFL, get there and can't find anything else to do with their money except get in trouble. And then there is a part of me which you and Mr. B have heard me say a million times. Why do we continue to draft red flag players and WHO THE HELL IS VETTING THESE KID IN THE FIRST PLACE BEFORE DRAfting, etc?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mr B » Thu Jul 6, 2017 4:42 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Oh good.

Read on Twitter

This is really old and tiring isn't it. Seems like we have been having these problems since 2002. I just don't know what to say anymore. Don't know how these kids put all this time in trying to make the NFL, get there and can't find anything else to do with their money except get in trouble. And then there is a part of me which you and Mr. B have heard me say a million times. Why do we continue to draft red flag players and WHO THE HELL IS VETTING THESE KID IN THE FIRST PLACE BEFORE DRAfting, etc?

This has been going on longer than since 2002. We had Mike Irvin (and many others on those 90's teams. Hell Hollywood Henderson was doing this back in the 70's and 80's. The only difference is now we have twitter, Snapchat, instagram, and Facebook. What Damian Wilson did was still wrong I'm just making a point that this isn't new.

As for Wilson, this may actually cost him his career. This dumbass may have just pissed away his entire career over an f'ing parking space. He's a fringe player coming up for a new contract and if I was Jerry and Stephen there is no way in hell I give this idiot more money. Have fun selling insurance for the rest of your life loser.

Going in the 2018 draft the top priorities need to be LB and TE.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jul 6, 2017 11:51 am

Mr B wrote:This has been going on longer than since 2002. We had Mike Irvin (and many others on those 90's teams. Hell Hollywood Henderson was doing this back in the 70's and 80's. The only difference is now we have twitter, Snapchat, instagram, and Facebook. What Damian Wilson did was still wrong I'm just making a point that this isn't new.

As for Wilson, this may actually cost him his career. This dumbass may have just pissed away his entire career over an f'ing parking space. He's a fringe player coming up for a new contract and if I was Jerry and Stephen there is no way in hell I give this idiot more money. Have fun selling insurance for the rest of your life loser.

Going in the 2018 draft the top priorities need to be LB and TE.

Hell - Add Rentzel & Septien also. Can't get them all right.

And you're correct. Wilson may have just cost himself a roster spot if not a career. Over a f'ing parking space at a f'ing fireworks show. Real bad ass.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 7, 2017 12:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:This is really old and tiring isn't it. Seems like we have been having these problems since 2002. I just don't know what to say anymore. Don't know how these kids put all this time in trying to make the NFL, get there and can't find anything else to do with their money except get in trouble. And then there is a part of me which you and Mr. B have heard me say a million times. Why do we continue to draft red flag players and WHO THE HELL IS VETTING THESE KID IN THE FIRST PLACE BEFORE DRAfting, etc?

A little food for thought BJJ...

Between Joseph Randle's arrest in Wichita on Feb. 4, 2015, and (Nolan) Carroll's DUI in late May, 72 NFL players were arrested and none of them was a Cowboy. There were five Rams and 49ers, four Eagles and Packers and Seahawks and Colts and Ravens and Browns. According to USA Today's database, every other team was represented in that span except the club with the longstanding bad boy reputation -- the Oakland Raiders.

In many ways, the Cowboys are simply being the Cowboys. They have a half-century of trouble off the field. It's not like North Dallas Forty was simply Pete Gent's imagination.

But one thing you notice when reading about all these other NFL arrests is how many players -- arrested, not convicted -- get released. Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, New England and Minnesota all cut players right away.

Baltimore did it twice. San Francisco did it three times (although one of them was the repeat offender Aldon Smith).

Source: Tim Cowlishaw - Dallas Morning News

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/07/07/expect-jason-garrett-act-damien-wilson-issue-know-really-charge
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 8, 2017 12:18 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:This is really old and tiring isn't it. Seems like we have been having these problems since 2002. I just don't know what to say anymore. Don't know how these kids put all this time in trying to make the NFL, get there and can't find anything else to do with their money except get in trouble. And then there is a part of me which you and Mr. B have heard me say a million times. Why do we continue to draft red flag players and WHO THE HELL IS VETTING THESE KID IN THE FIRST PLACE BEFORE DRAfting, etc?

A little food for thought BJJ...

Between Joseph Randle's arrest in Wichita on Feb. 4, 2015, and (Nolan) Carroll's DUI in late May, 72 NFL players were arrested and none of them was a Cowboy. There were five Rams and 49ers, four Eagles and Packers and Seahawks and Colts and Ravens and Browns. According to USA Today's database, every other team was represented in that span except the club with the longstanding bad boy reputation -- the Oakland Raiders.

In many ways, the Cowboys are simply being the Cowboys. They have a half-century of trouble off the field. It's not like North Dallas Forty was simply Pete Gent's imagination.

But one thing you notice when reading about all these other NFL arrests is how many players -- arrested, not convicted -- get released. Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, New England and Minnesota all cut players right away.

Baltimore did it twice. San Francisco did it three times (although one of them was the repeat offender Aldon Smith).

Source: Tim Cowlishaw - Dallas Morning News

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/07/07/expect-jason-garrett-act-damien-wilson-issue-know-really-charge

So Cactus Jack's team had more arrests than us, :lol: :rofl: I'll remember this when Cowboy haters focus on our players in trouble.

Return to Dallas Cowboys