Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: Who you pickin? 

Post#21 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:48 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Agreed. Davis is going to be like one of those David Harris picks who might never be all-pro', but he'll be solid for a decade IMO.

What if Foster falls to the second because of this:

Reuben Foster - LB - Crimson Tide

To be honest, I always thought Foster was a bit overrated. He's a fearsome hitter, and he'll be a great player, but I don't think he's all he was cracked up to be (seen OL take him out too easily).

I'd be ok w/ Foster in the 2nd, but I'd rather have Charles Harris.

Charles Harris - DL - Tigers

The Sporting News' Eric Galko passes along that Missouri edge rusher Charles Harris has received "multiple" top-10 grades.

Galko, himself, expects Harris to be drafted within the first 15 picks. The analyst pegs his draft ceiling as high as the No. 6 pick to the Jets and does not believe that the 6-foot-3, 260-pounder will fall further than the Colts at No. 15. Not everybody sees matters so ebulliently. Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, for one, did not have Harris sliding off the board until pick No. 58 (to the Seahawks) in his most recent four-round mock draft. We would tend more toward Galko's assessment of Harris as a potential top-15 pick than we would Pauline's more conservative second-round evaluation.
Source: Sporting News

Apr 18 - 6:32 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#22 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:50 am

RedneckNiner wrote:If the Niners could get Foster in the second awesome. Best ILB in the draft last three or four years and there isn't even a remotely close second.

In an informal poll of five NFL executives by NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah regarding which player is most likely to slide in the draft, two named Alabama LB Reuben Foster.

"I think Foster is going to slide. Combination of some character concerns and poor interviews," one executive said. The other NFL big wig in question is of the opinion that the 6-foot, 229-pound Foster could have to wait behind two other linebackers before hearing his name called. "I was at the Florida pro day and Jarrad Davis was very impressive. I think there's a chance both Davis and [Temple's Haason] Reddick get picked ahead of Reuben Foster. He's a great player but he hasn't had a great spring." Among the demerits on his evaluating ledger, Foster was booted from the Combine after getting into a dispute with a hospital worker and is also on the recovery trail from offseason shoulder surgery. Despite these red flags, it would be surprising if he dropped out of the teens altogether. A top-10 pick is still not outside the realm of possibility, either.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 18 - 7:16 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#23 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:48 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Dodub wrote:
McCaffrey is supposed to go in the teens based on everything recent that I've seen. It's not logical to have him on a list for #2 or #34

I will cut off my jaw and drop it from a cliff if John Ross is selected after McCaffrey.

You never know 1z. Medical history are major major red flags for teams. I've heard some teams has him ranked #1 on their boards ahead of Davis and Williams. I also hear that he's very fragile (2 knee surgeries, and a shoulder surgery after the combine) and therefore some teams refuse to touch him until the mid/late 2nd round. Hadn't it been for his medical history, I probably would have agreed with you. But there's some serious concerns about him that could cause him to drop...

Hey 1z, this is exactly what I was trying to convey to you:

John Ross - WR - Huskies

An NFL executive believes that Washington WR John Ross may slide in the draft due to his past health issues.

"I could see Ross sliding because of durability concerns It will be interesting to see how he comes out of the combine medical recheck," the executive said. Among the previous injuries that speedster Ross has under the belt, a pair of torn ACLs, plus a surgically-repaired shoulder (he underwent a procedure in March after finishing up with Combine festivities). While the executive in question believes Ross has a chance to slip, the wideout has upward draft mobility into the teens. We don't see him dropping out of the first round.

Apr 18 - 9:22 PM
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#24 » by NinerSickness » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:01 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

What if Foster falls to the second because of this:

To be honest, I always thought Foster was a bit overrated. He's a fearsome hitter, and he'll be a great player, but I don't think he's all he was cracked up to be (seen OL take him out too easily).

I'd be ok w/ Foster in the 2nd, but I'd rather have Charles Harris.

Charles Harris - DL - Tigers

The Sporting News' Eric Galko passes along that Missouri edge rusher Charles Harris has received "multiple" top-10 grades.

Galko, himself, expects Harris to be drafted within the first 15 picks. The analyst pegs his draft ceiling as high as the No. 6 pick to the Jets and does not believe that the 6-foot-3, 260-pounder will fall further than the Colts at No. 15. Not everybody sees matters so ebulliently. Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, for one, did not have Harris sliding off the board until pick No. 58 (to the Seahawks) in his most recent four-round mock draft. We would tend more toward Galko's assessment of Harris as a potential top-15 pick than we would Pauline's more conservative second-round evaluation.
Source: Sporting News

Apr 18 - 6:32 PM

Son of a bitch. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#25 » by I_am_1z » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
I will cut off my jaw and drop it from a cliff if John Ross is selected after McCaffrey.

You never know 1z. Medical history are major major red flags for teams. I've heard some teams has him ranked #1 on their boards ahead of Davis and Williams. I also hear that he's very fragile (2 knee surgeries, and a shoulder surgery after the combine) and therefore some teams refuse to touch him until the mid/late 2nd round. Hadn't it been for his medical history, I probably would have agreed with you. But there's some serious concerns about him that could cause him to drop...

Hey 1z, this is exactly what I was trying to convey to you:

John Ross - WR - Huskies

An NFL executive believes that Washington WR John Ross may slide in the draft due to his past health issues.

"I could see Ross sliding because of durability concerns It will be interesting to see how he comes out of the combine medical recheck," the executive said. Among the previous injuries that speedster Ross has under the belt, a pair of torn ACLs, plus a surgically-repaired shoulder (he underwent a procedure in March after finishing up with Combine festivities). While the executive in question believes Ross has a chance to slip, the wideout has upward draft mobility into the teens. We don't see him dropping out of the first round.

Apr 18 - 9:22 PM

I wonder which GM wants to get fired picking a wild card over the player that would be the fastest in the NFL that's more football star than track star.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#26 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:07 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I wonder which GM wants to get fired picking a wild card over the player that would be the fastest in the NFL that's more football star than track star.

John Ross - WR - Huskies

NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock said Friday that some NFL teams have removed Washington WR John Ross from their Draft boards due to health concerns.

Ross has a pair of torn ACLs and a surgically-repaired shoulder in his past. To be fair, those issues didn't prevent him from breaking the NFL Combine's 40-yard dash record in March with 4.22s showing. Though some teams will look elsewhere, Mayock still believes Ross remains a first-round option. "I love that he could step in Day 1 and help a team as both a return guy and as a receiver," Mayock added. "He puts the ball in the end zone; I'm a huge fan of John Ross."

Apr 21 - 3:25 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#27 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:#34

B.) Ross Fastest player in modern day / combine history. In our system he'd make Gabriel look like child's play. Something tells me that Shanahan is drooling over him. The kid is not only fast, he's really a very good player. I've been on Ross' bandwagon since September/October went on record saying he's better than Bradin Cooks. Teams will be scared of his injury history. A first round talent could potentially drop to us.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19210939/dream-2017-nfl-draft-scenarios-all-32-nfl-teams-best-case-scenarios-first-round

Pick No. 2: San Francisco 49ers

Trade down and get John Ross.

There's a club of receivers who've thrashed the league playing for Kyle Shanahan. It meets twice a year in ... I don't know, let's say Aruba. Andre Johnson and Julio Jones picked the spot. Everybody's surprised to see Santana Moss each year. Pierre Garcon is the practical joker of the bunch. It'd make a heck of a reality show. Garcon went with Kyle to San Francisco, but Shanahan and his six-year contract have longer-term plans in mind, and Ross is the receiver of his dreams. No. 2 is too high to take him, so here's where the Niners hope Cleveland or the Jets want Trubisky bad enough to come up.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#28 » by I_am_1z » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:#34

B.) Ross Fastest player in modern day / combine history. In our system he'd make Gabriel look like child's play. Something tells me that Shanahan is drooling over him. The kid is not only fast, he's really a very good player. I've been on Ross' bandwagon since September/October went on record saying he's better than Bradin Cooks. Teams will be scared of his injury history. A first round talent could potentially drop to us.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19210939/dream-2017-nfl-draft-scenarios-all-32-nfl-teams-best-case-scenarios-first-round

Pick No. 2: San Francisco 49ers

Trade down and get John Ross.

There's a club of receivers who've thrashed the league playing for Kyle Shanahan. It meets twice a year in ... I don't know, let's say Aruba. Andre Johnson and Julio Jones picked the spot. Everybody's surprised to see Santana Moss each year. Pierre Garcon is the practical joker of the bunch. It'd make a heck of a reality show. Garcon went with Kyle to San Francisco, but Shanahan and his six-year contract have longer-term plans in mind, and Ross is the receiver of his dreams. No. 2 is too high to take him, so here's where the Niners hope Cleveland or the Jets want Trubisky bad enough to come up.

So no where close to round two? John Ross looking like a possible top 15 pick even with his knee questions which propelled him to running a 4.22
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#29 » by I_am_1z » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:36 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

F.) Samuel - I like his game a lot. I think he's going to be a household name when it's all said and done.

Whoa whoa whoa there. Slow down. You said McCaffrey was better than Samuel yet he's not on your list and I believe you implied Samuel's NFL comparison was Jalin Marshall???

Huh? Did you see which pick in particular that was being referenced (#2 or #34)? Why would I want us to take McCaffrey with the second overall pick. Yes, McCaffrey will be drafted in the first round, but not in the top 5.

Then you lost me with the Samuel comment. I've never compared Samuel to Jalin Marhal. Two different type of players from a talent standpoint.

Again, I must be misunderstanding why you're implying here because this entire post of yours is not making any sense to me.

Couldn't let you dodge this dumb comment:

"Sadly, I agree with this assessment. But the good news though is that he could potentially improve as a route runner.

Curtis Samuel - RB - Buckeyes

An East regional scout for an AFC team said that Ohio State RB/WR Curtis Samuel is "not a running back and his routes and hands really aren't that good."

The scout in question compared Samuel to Jets WR (and former Buckeye) Jalin Marshall, who initially went undrafted in 2016. New York subsequently inked him to a contract. "Samuel is a better athlete [than Marshall] but they are about the same size and give you the same concerns with how to use them," the scout said. We feel this is a bit harsh. Other scouts have comped Samuel more generously to the likes of Percy Harvin and Randall Cobb. And while Marshall went undrafted about a year ago this time, Samuel should be solidly in the Day 2 mix when the time comes to get this party started.
Source: NFL.com "
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#30 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:48 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa there. Slow down. You said McCaffrey was better than Samuel yet he's not on your list and I believe you implied Samuel's NFL comparison was Jalin Marshall???

Huh? Did you see which pick in particular that was being referenced (#2 or #34)? Why would I want us to take McCaffrey with the second overall pick. Yes, McCaffrey will be drafted in the first round, but not in the top 5.

Then you lost me with the Samuel comment. I've never compared Samuel to Jalin Marhal. Two different type of players from a talent standpoint.

Again, I must be misunderstanding why you're implying here because this entire post of yours is not making any sense to me.

improve as a route runner.

An East regional scout for an AFC team said that Ohio State RB/WR Curtis Samuel is "not a running back and his routes and hands really aren't that good."

The scout in question compared Samuel to Jets WR (and former Buckeye) Jalin Marshall, who initially went undrafted in 2016. New York subsequently inked him to a contract. "Samuel is a better athlete [than Marshall] but they are about the same size and give you the same concerns with how to use them," the scout said. We feel this is a bit harsh. Other scouts have comped Samuel more generously to the likes of Percy Harvin and Randall Cobb. And while Marshall went undrafted about a year ago this time, Samuel should be solidly in the Day 2 mix when the time comes to get this party started.

Apr 2 - 3:20 PM

Jalin Marshall ran a 4.60 at the combine
Curtis Samuel ran a 4.31 at the combine

:roll:[/quote][/quote]

1z, What the hell are you talking about? Why are you posting / comparing Marshall's numbers to Samuels?? When did I ever compare the two? Do you think I work for NFL.com? Look at the above source, it does not say "Bingo". I literally copied and pasted that information from Rotoworld's website, who in turn was quoting an NFL scout's comment criticizing Samuel's game. Unless that's not what you're implying then I'm really lost, I don't know what on earth you are insinuating here. I'm not even trying to play coy or stupid if you can explain clearly, I'd appreciate it. Again, Samuel has always been one of my favorite prospects since the beginning of the draft process.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#31 » by I_am_1z » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:53 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

:roll:
[/quote]

1z, What the hell are you talking about? Why are you posting / comparing Marshall's numbers to Samuels?? When did I ever compare the two? Do you think I work for NFL.com? Look at the above source, it does not say "Bingo". I literally copied and pasted that information from Rotoworld's website, who in turn was quoting an NFL scout's comment criticizing Samuel's game. Unless that's not what you're implying then I'm really lost, I don't know what on earth you are insinuating here. I'm not even trying to play coy or stupid if you can explain clearly, I'd appreciate it. Again, Samuel has always been one of my favorite prospects since the beginning of the draft process.[/quote]

I'm quoting you stating that sadly you agree with that assessment from NFL.com. Page 87 of the draft thread. Take a look see

Edit: I edited the quote before you posted which is why you can't see the full comment.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#32 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:12 am

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

:roll:

1z, What the hell are you talking about? Why are you posting / comparing Marshall's numbers to Samuels?? When did I ever compare the two? Do you think I work for NFL.com? Look at the above source, it does not say "Bingo". I literally copied and pasted that information from Rotoworld's website, who in turn was quoting an NFL scout's comment criticizing Samuel's game. Unless that's not what you're implying then I'm really lost, I don't know what on earth you are insinuating here. I'm not even trying to play coy or stupid if you can explain clearly, I'd appreciate it. Again, Samuel has always been one of my favorite prospects since the beginning of the draft process.[/quote]

I'm quoting you stating that sadly you agree with that assessment from NFL.com. Page 87 of the draft thread. Take a look see

Edit: I edited the quote before you posted which is why you can't see the full comment.[/quote]

Ohhhh okay. Got you!

I was only agreeing with him saying this

An East regional scout for an AFC team said that
Ohio State RB/WR Curtis Samuel is "not a running back and his routes and hands really aren't that good

There are people that are saying that he's a running back or that they see him as a better fit as a running back. In that regard I disagree. I think coaches would do him a disservice if they make him concentrate solely as a RB. I've compared him to Percy Harvin. Harvin was not a running back. I also agree with the scout that his hands aren't the best (tendency to double clutch his passes) and they need improvement. They're not autrocious by all means, but his hands aren't great either. Again, I wasn't agreeing with any of that Jalin Marshall nonsense. Hope that clears it up for you.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#33 » by I_am_1z » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
There are people that are saying that he's a running back or that they see him as a better fit as a running back. In that regard I disagree. I think coaches would do him a disservice if they make him concentrate solely as a RB. I've compared him to Percy Harvin. Harvin was not a running back. I also agree with the scout that his hands aren't the best (tendency to double clutch his passes) and they need improvement. They're not autrocious by all means, but his hands aren't great either. Again, I wasn't agreeing with any of that Jalin Marshall nonsense. Hope that clears it up for you.

I was worried for a minute.

Sounds like you would put Samuels over McCaffery on your draftboard
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#34 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:06 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

I was worried for a minute.

Sounds like you would put Samuels over McCaffery on your draftboard

As a RB McCaffrey gets the nod. As a WR Samuels is the better player. Hypothetically speaking if both players were available to us in the second round and Shanahan decides to draft one over the other, I would delay in celebrating or hold off in congratulating the pick until I hear our coaches plan and vision regarding such player. If they say something like, we selected McCaff to compete as a WR I'd be pissed knowing that we left a better receiver on the board in Samuels. Likewise, if we drafted Samuels to come in to compete with Hyde knowing that there was a better RB on the board (McCaff) I'd be upset. So it all depends on the aftermath / the day after the draft to hear what Shanahan's plan in regard to that particular player.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#35 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 pm

BINGO'S MMQB PICKS (mock)

Based on everything that I've gathered thus far through the draft process--with a little dose of 9er bias to go along with it:

https://www.si.com/nfl/nfl-mock-draft-challenge-peter-king-first-round-picks-projections?u=CGG4aaqBpSAaRqkonquDm2hmlKtfnk
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#36 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:00 pm

I'd be ok with one of McCaffrey, Hooker (if Med checks out), Fournette or Barnett at 2.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#37 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:03 pm

My 2017 NFL Player/ Positional Rankings. This year I only have time to do the offensive side of the ball:

POSITIONAL RANKINGS

Quarterback
1.) Mitchell Trubisky
2.) Deshone Kizer
3.) Deshawn Watson
4.) Davis Webb
5.) Patrick Mahommes

RUNNING BACK
1.) Leonard Fournette
2.) Dalvin Cook
3.) Joe Mixon
4.) Christian McCaffrey
5.) Joe Williams
6.) Donta Foreman
7.) Jamal Williams
8.) Alvin Kamara
9.) Jeremy McNichols
10.) Donnel Pumphrey

WIDE RECEIVER
1.) Corey Davis
2.) Mike Williams
3.) John Ross
4.) Curtis Samuel
5.) Zay Jones
6.) JuJu Smith-Schuster
7.) Malachi Dupre
8.) Chad Hansen
9.) Chris Godwin
10.) Carlos Henderson

TIGHT END
1.) O.J. Howard
2.) Bucky Hodges
3.) Evan Engram
4.) David Njoku
5.) Jake Butt
6.) Gerald Everett
7.) Adam Shaheen
8.) Jordan Leggett
9.) George Kittle
10.) Tyrone Swoopes
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#38 » by 49er4life1979 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Malik Hooker - he is the best DB in the entire draft. If the Niners are going to install the Seahawks D, they need a stud FS like they have in Earl Thomas, their best defensive player, if not best player period. Trade back a few spots, take Hooker, then in the second round get a QB, and pass rusher.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#39 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Feb 4, 2018 8:37 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:#2

A.) Lattimore (elite player at a premium position. But I'm very concerned about his injury history. I would need my team physician's advice in the matter, along with secondary opinion from an independent doctor / medical professional)

Don’t mind me. I’m just being petty... :wink:

Marshon Lattimore - DB - Saints

Associated Press named Saints CB Marshon Lattimore its 2017 Defensive Rookie of the Year.

The Saints swept the rookie voting, with Alvin Kamara taking offensive honors over Kareem Hunt. Lattimore allowed a 45.3 passer rating in coverage this year, the third-lowest mark in the league. He didn't give up any touchdowns and intercepted five passes despite missing three games to injury. Lattimore played a major role in the Saints first playoff appearance since 2013, turning around a perennially bad secondary. Bills CB Tre'Davious White (4) and 49ers LB Reuben Foster (1) also received first-place votes.

Feb 3 - 7:36 PM
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#40 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:I'd be ok with one of McCaffrey, Hooker (if Med checks out), Fournette or Barnett at 2.

:banghead: not like I need another reminder on how bad Lynch **** up at #3

Return to San Francisco 49ers