ImageImageImageImageImage

AND WITH THE SECOND OVERALL PICK OF THE 2017 NFL DRAFT...

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Re: AND WITH THE SECOND OVERALL PICK OF THE 2017 NFL DRAFT... 

Post#141 » by Jikkle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm starting to feel more and more like the Browns will go with Trubisky at #1.

I just think their owner is going to meddle enough to where their front office takes a QB because if the owner wants someone it really doesn't matter how badly the coaching staff wants the other guy.
tallglassowater
Junior
And1: 22

Post#142 » by tallglassowater » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Would love to see a trade back and take Mcaffrey. Maybe not the biggest need, but he can do so much on the field I would love to see him stay in the bay.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#143 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm

tallglassowater wrote:Would love to see a trade back and take Mcaffrey. Maybe not the biggest need, but he can do so much on the field I would love to see him stay in the bay.

Take Mcaffery with the first selection?

idk, I know there's a wagon/hype train for him but idk....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#144 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Yeah nothing that high for McCaffrey, who has a similar bust potential as Reggie Bush.

Great athleticism but he may not be up to the physical demands of being a feature back. For instance, there's a real question whether he could pass-protect. If he can't, then teams will know every time he's in the game that he's not going to stay in to block.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#145 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 pm

IMO, we have way too many needs to take a player like McCaffrey. I like him a lot, but we need a player who will be impact on every down. If we dropped into the late-teens or later, I would consider him I guess. I don't think they can think RB at all in the first half of the first round, much less a guy who may not be able to take 20 touches a game.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#147 » by Jikkle » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:00 pm

San Francisco 49ers: New general manager John Lynch has locked up what used to be a leaky front office. This is a very hard team to peg right now, but I do continue to hear from rival scouts and general managers that it likes Reuben Foster and Fournette, but may not be willing to take either at No. 2 overall. I don't expect a quarterback in Round 1. The 49ers could try to duplicate last year's draft and trade back into the 20s for more players.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705378-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-draft-buzz-updated-big-board-more?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#148 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:23 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2017/4/24/15415086/this-just-about-sums-up-the-49ers-and-the-no-2-pick

Hahaha. That's awesome. I just wish it wasn't so true. That said, the talk about Cleveland looking to move up should drum up additional interest in the pick.
tallglassowater
Junior
And1: 22

Post#149 » by tallglassowater » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:56 am

wco81 wrote:Yeah nothing that high for McCaffrey, who has a similar bust potential as Reggie Bush.

Great athleticism but he may not be up to the physical demands of being a feature back. For instance, there's a real question whether he could pass-protect. If he can't, then teams will know every time he's in the game that he's not going to stay in to block.

He doesn't need carries, he just needs touches. I look at the Patriots and would model them. Obviously Brady is the biggest reason for their success as far as players go, but they have built a dynasty off of versatile players. I am not as passionate about football the last few years cause I feel like the rules are specifically created to pander to fantasy football, under the guise of player safety. So for me I just want the Niners to draft players I really like.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#150 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 pm

With the NFL Draft tomorrow: Calamity, the never will be GM of the 49ers select -

Crap.... now i can't see anything else but a trade down once Garret goes #1...
The ModFather

elw4sports
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#151 » by elw4sports » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm

tallglassowater wrote:Would love to see a trade back and take Mcaffrey. Maybe not the biggest need, but he can do so much on the field I would love to see him stay in the bay.

No
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#152 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Well now supposedly the Browns are targeting a trade with Titans for their #5 pick, because Trubitsky should still be available.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#153 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Tennessee can do something like... idk if they are in love with a player at #5...
The ModFather

Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#154 » by Dodub » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:08 pm

wco81 wrote:Well now supposedly the Browns are targeting a trade with Titans for their #5 pick, because Trubitsky should still be available.

That's annoying! We should trade with someone who wants Trubisky at #2 just to screw them over
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#155 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:56 pm

Do we get real ballsy and take Trubisky, and then turn to Cleveland and ask them what he's worth? That would be some kind of entertainment!
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#156 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Do we get real ballsy and take Trubisky, and then turn to Cleveland and ask them what he's worth? That would be some kind of entertainment!

Wayyy too Risky. Our only chance now are the NY Jets. They were the first team to had been rumored to be in love with Mitch way back during the college season.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#157 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 am

Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels

ESPN’s Adam Schefter cited "very smart" sources who think the Browns will select UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky No. 1 overall instead of Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett.

"I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick," Schefter said. "Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case ... But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick." This would be a true stunner. With the assumption that Cleveland would take Garrett in mind, we didn't understood why Cleveland would let it leak that they were considering taking Trubisky No. 1 overall, since that news would only serve to steal leverage in trade talks if and when they attempted to move up from No. 12. Those reports would begin to make sense if Cleveland actually intended to take Trubisky. Thursday night is going to be a wild ride.
Source: ESPN

Apr 26 - 8:49 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#158 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:32 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels

ESPN’s Adam Schefter cited "very smart" sources who think the Browns will select UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky No. 1 overall instead of Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett.

"I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick," Schefter said. "Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case ... But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick." This would be a true stunner. With the assumption that Cleveland would take Garrett in mind, we didn't understood why Cleveland would let it leak that they were considering taking Trubisky No. 1 overall, since that news would only serve to steal leverage in trade talks if and when they attempted to move up from No. 12. Those reports would begin to make sense if Cleveland actually intended to take Trubisky. Thursday night is going to be a wild ride.
Source: ESPN

Apr 26 - 8:49 PM

The fact that Schefter is saying it IS something IMO. It might not turn out to be SOMETHING but the fact he's saying it now IS definitely something. (I don't want to hear "Yeah, but what about that time he said X was going to X?" If you're connected to the league you're going to get some wrong).

Schefter as you might know, unless you live under a rock, is one of the best to ever do this and isn't in the business of guessing when he doesn't want to or just has small bits and pieces to go off of.

With that said I'm going down with the ship. I still don't see the Browns passing on Garrett. And that's coming from somebody who has liked Trubisky a lot, but not loved, since September before this thing exploded and would roll the dice on him if I could. Even though I know there's a larger chance than I'd like that he'll flame out and there are some very safe players in this draft at the top that I know could potentially be on this team for a lot longer if Trubisky doesn't hit.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#159 » by Ray_Dogg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:19 am

I pray they take Mitch the Bitch. I'd rather have Garrett instead of Adams. Hell there are probably 30 players I'd rather have than Adams.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#160 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:23 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:I pray they take Mitch the Bitch. I'd rather have Garrett instead of Adams. Hell there are probably 30 players I'd rather have than Adams.

Maybe not 30, but a lot...!

Return to San Francisco 49ers