Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4 

Post#1221 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:23 am

...speaking of not learning from history.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#1222 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 am

Child molestors in power isn't a conspiracy. As you mentioned, Catholic priests and heck many other religions/beliefs (e.g semen warriors of PNG) has had their fair share of child exploitation.

Interdimensional-pyschic-child molesting-vampires, that's a tough one to swallow though (npi). I definitely wouldn't put all conspiracy theories on the same plane of possibility just because a very small percentage of them turned out to be true. I tend to lean on the side of accepting some CT's have been proven true in the past but the vast majority of them are still in the realms of total quackery. Eddie Bravo is heavily embedded on the side of some have proven to be true so all CT's should be viewed with the same level of credence.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#1223 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 am

Bernman wrote:Child molesters being drawn to positions of power, access, and that are very public is an incredibly outlandish theory.

Signed,

- Catholic Priests and those who defended them 20 years ago

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. But it's not your ass. Let's not even take a serious look into it. Instead let's attack those with the open-mindedness, care, and diligence who do. Yeah, that really makes you the voice of reason, all the while you didn't need to put any mental effort in. That sort of mindset shouldn't be glorified. It's incredibly ironic.

Silly to conflate and then dismiss all conspiracies as lunacy, like the lunar non-landing, flat earth, and child molesters in positions of power. These are all similar concepts in unbelievability I suppose. Talk about false equivalencies. Label, obfuscate, and on to the next one. The crazy thing is a high majority of people who do this don't get paid. I don't think you're paid. Just the standard brainwashing effect. That's the beauty of it to those who produce it.

LOL at holding up CNN and MSNBC as credible with their recent proven track record as liars. I already knew this from paying attention and independent research, but it's regularly catalogued by independent journalists and scholars like Glenn Greenwald, Jimmy Dore, and Chomsky. Watch the Jimmy Dore show regularly. Them, TYT Politics, the Secular Report and the like make the mainstream media look like clowns. How many things do they need to be proven wrong about, and in the same direction of serving those in power, before whatever they say should be taken with a grain salt and backed up with independent research of your own and history? The mental gymnastics/lack of memory is really incredible. It's like Groundhog Day.

P.S.: Prominent politicians like Dennis Hastert, Barney Frank, and Anthony Weiner were all effectively caught. And this is really hard to do for those in positions of power if you look at the cases of Jimmy Savile and Bill Cosby. Savile molested several hundreds of kids before it was acknowledged by authorities, after his death, that he was a child molestor. Before it was reported often, rumored, and scoffed at in the media/public. And they weren't nearly as powerful, nor did they have the law on their side, unlike prominent politicians would.

There was a culture of pederasty in both ancient Rome and Greece. The U.S. is the biggest modern empire. Purely seeing thousands of years elapse didn't make imperialistic psychopaths more moral. Actually with blackmail as a concept there's more incentive for there to be a culture than there was before.

You're such a sloppy thinker, you have no sense of the contexts in which any of these things occurred or how wildly different they actually are. To draw continuities between the Greek practice of pederasty and the molestation of children by Catholic priests and some supposed "imperialistic psychopaths" currently conspiring to molest children shows your total lack of education or nuance.

Greek aristocrats were not "molesting children" in any equivalent sense to how this became an epidemic in 20th Century Catholic institutions. Jesus, man. You're so sloppy.

Also, you think pedophile priests were men who realized they had these predilections and then decided that they should seek positions of power?

This is a ridiculous vision of the world where you can only imagine that things occur when, like, malevolent individuals reflect and decide on how to best achieve their evil goals. It's so much more complex than that. People are moved, and history is moved, by forces way bigger than any individual intention. Limited minds can't grasp this. In the same way, primitive worldviews have to suppose that the wind is operated by some sort of personified agent, you have to imagine that history is.

In the case of the Catholic priests, we're talking about the effects of generational trauma acting through, and despite, individuals. It's not self-possessed individuals deciding on how best to get their rocks off. It's also not the practice of pederasty in **** Athens.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1224 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm

I just think there's a difference in questioning the occasional "official story" of political events and believing that the earth is literally flat and that the puppetmasters who pull the strings of the world are literally child molesting beings/vampires (read: literally not of the human race) who are ultimately controlled by the universal evil/Satan.

Eddie said on the JRE podcast that he is teaching his children to be skeptical. No man, you are teaching your children to believe literally anything that anyone tells them except for the mainstream media and the government. True skeptics laugh at the notion that the likes of Eddie Bravo is a skeptic. As I said in another discussion regarding this same topic, you can't open up your mind so much that your brain falls out.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#1225 » by Jasen777 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Rousey and Browne are engaged.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#1226 » by Bernman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Guess that was a no to the Black Beauty's proposal, then.

The last Legacy event was awesome. A lot of interesting prospects on that card and one of the fights was bonkers. It involved a double knockdown, banana split, crazy scrambles, a semi technical brawl, and ultimate guillotine finish of an Olympian. Check it out, if you can. It was a big upset. Bellator should pick up that kid. He's only 4-1. I think the main event winner, Ian Heinisch, is headed to the ufc as an 8-0 middleweight with high level grappling, good athleticism, and marketability. You could say a lot of the same things about the 135 lb Jerome Rivera. He's only 6-0. UFC should try to move on him early, otherwise Bellator might pounce. The guy is pretty similar to the recently retired Miguel Angel Torres.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1227 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Does anyone know who Woodley is fighting? Supposedly in training camp for his next fight.

I haven't really been reading forums/consuming media, but when I first heard the rumor that it was Nick Diaz, I honestly thought to myself that I may be done with this sport. I know you guys are going to think I'm bluffing about that, but it would just be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

I doubt that's true, thankfully.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1228 » by Jasen777 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:07 pm

REDDzone wrote:Does anyone know who Woodley is fighting? Supposedly in training camp for his next fight.

I haven't really been reading forums/consuming media, but when I first heard the rumor that it was Nick Diaz, I honestly thought to myself that I may be done with this sport. I know you guys are going to think I'm bluffing about that, but it would just be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

I think the top available is Condit or Magny. Obviously both would be an insult to Maia. They should have him fight Maia and have Condit fight Masvidal.

Luke Thomas has said that he heard a name Nick Diaz was offered that is way crazier than Woodley, though he said he couldn't get it confirmed.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1229 » by REDDzone » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Either Magny or Condit would be a spit in the face to both Maia AND Masvidal imo. Especially Maia, since he choked both those two out with ease.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1230 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:39 pm

I wouldn't want to see a Diaz/Woodley fight but it makes sense for Woodley. Seems like an easy fight for Woodley which is why I think he would take it. Diaz is also a marquee name with a solid fan following who would bring the numbers on a PPV (more so than Woodley vs most WW).
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1231 » by Jasen777 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:23 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I wouldn't want to see a Diaz/Woodley fight but it makes sense for Woodley. Seems like an easy fight for Woodley which is why I think he would take it. Diaz is also a marquee name with a solid fan following who would bring the numbers on a PPV (more so than Woodley vs most WW).

Diaz resorting to middle fingers is always fun.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1232 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:24 am

How Diaz would be against Woodley couldn't be less relevant tbh. I actually think that's an okay matchup for Prime Nick.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1233 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:51 am

Jasen777 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I wouldn't want to see a Diaz/Woodley fight but it makes sense for Woodley. Seems like an easy fight for Woodley which is why I think he would take it. Diaz is also a marquee name with a solid fan following who would bring the numbers on a PPV (more so than Woodley vs most WW).

Diaz resorting to middle fingers is always fun.

I wouldn't want to watch it from a competition stand point but I do agree, I always love watching a Diaz fight just because of the shenanigans
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1234 » by Jasen777 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:31 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I wouldn't want to watch it from a competition stand point but I do agree, I always love watching a Diaz fight just because of the shenanigans

I agree, Diaz shouldn't be within 2 fights of a title shot.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1235 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:03 pm

This is old news, but Iaquinta going off on Dana on Monday was the best thing that ever happened to my life, and I'm not even a fan of Iaquinta.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#1236 » by Headliner » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Just read the Iaquinta interview.
it was awesome.
He will be buried because of it, but that's more reason why the UFC needs a union. The fighters should have in every contract that they will fight X amount of fights, and be offered X amount of fights each year. By controlling and sitting fighters, it's pure abuse.

The other thing the union would need to do is acquire health insurance. All of the fighters should be insured and the UFC should want them to get surgery early. It's a better product to have guys healthy and not be dealing with lingering issues that led to event pullouts etc.

The weigh in system would also need to be addressed. It's obvious that someone, at some point, could die because of the current system. We've seen it recently with Khabib. They need to address it and change it.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1237 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Oh, you focused on the actual important stuff. I was just happy that he reminded Dana that Dana isn't a fighter.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1238 » by Jasen777 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:17 am

Somehow I don't think WME is going to get as much TV money as they were thinking when it's renegotiation time.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1239 » by REDDzone » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:45 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Justin Gaethje is the most talented boxer in MMA. Duuuuude. I would suggest watching highlights but virtually every moment of every fight is him in a slobberknocker displaying some of the best intuition for angles / mechanics in the sport.

Gaethje signed with UFC. And btw, although I'm a fan and agree with you that he's good, Iaquinta SMASHES Gaethje with ease...using boxing too.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#1240 » by Nemesis21 » Mon May 1, 2017 11:08 am

IF this Mayweather/McGregor fight actually happens, what kind of fight is it? Is it a boxing match in a boxing ring with boxing rules or is this a UFC fight in the cage with MMA rules? I'm confused on this, in a cage MMA rules I think Conor has it. In a ring with boxing rules, Mayweather takes this easily.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts