Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Draft Rumors !!! 

Post#201 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:22 am

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Malik McDowell and Zach Cunningham are two other guys I would strongly consider over CB if they are there at 60. Kevin King is the only sure fire CB I would take at 60 over Bowser, McDowell, or Cunningham. Loading up on the front 7 is going to make every CB already on the roster a much better player.

I know a couple of Iggles fans on Twitter who are deathly afraid of us getting McDowell. They should be. Hope we have the options.

I would expect BJJ to be doing backflips if the Cowboys land McDowell or Bowser In the 2nd. Also I believe Tabor will still be there in the 3rd.

So much for BJJ doing backflips...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#202 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:14 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
I know a couple of Iggles fans on Twitter who are deathly afraid of us getting McDowell. They should be. Hope we have the options.

I would expect BJJ to be doing backflips if the Cowboys land McDowell or Bowser In the 2nd. Also I believe Tabor will still be there in the 3rd.

So much for BJJ doing backflips...

Yea, sucks they're all gone. I'm thinking the Cowboys will pick Cordea Tankersley.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#203 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:18 am

Awuzie...
Mr B
RealGM

Post#204 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:37 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Awuzie...

Still not bad! Lewis in the 3rd is the eventual replacement for Scandrick. Considering they're shopping him for a pick I seriously doubt he makes it out of camp without getting cut.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Post#205 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:37 am

I love our first two picks. I'm happy !!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#206 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Apparently (according to Jerry) they're not trying to trade Scandrick. Scandrick says his agent told him they are trying to trade him though. Weird situation. Either way the Dallas secondary should be stacked this year.

I'm hearing (on twitter) rumors that the Cowboys are looking for an offensive player that can excel on ST in the 4th. I think they are looking for a return man that can replace Whitehead.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#207 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:19 pm

I would almost prefer they draft Xavier Woods (safety) or Jake Butt (TE). Both look like they will be there in the 4th.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#208 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Ryan Switzer WR UNC

Dude looks like a Cole Beasley clone. He's the return guy they were looking for. He's an excellent slot WR. He should be the eventual replacement for Lucky Whitehead which I'm perfectly ok with.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#209 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Mr B wrote:Ryan Switzer WR UNC

Dude looks like a Cole Beasley clone. He's the return guy they were looking for. He's an excellent slot WR. He should will be the eventual replacement for Lucky Whitehead which I'm perfectly ok with.

Fixed.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#210 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Sooo Brad Kayaa in the 6th?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#211 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Traded up and got a their safety Xavier Woods.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#212 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Three picks left... and I'm giving this draft an A (like that matters...)

Coach Marinelli must be licking his chops.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#213 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Yup, got a DT from Florida (another big school player) with their 1st pick in the 7th
Mr B
RealGM

Post#214 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:18 pm

Got their replacement for Brice Butler.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#215 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:37 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:

Dude looks like a Cole Beasley clone. He's the return guy they were looking for. He's an excellent slot WR. He should will be the eventual replacement for Lucky Whitehead which I'm perfectly ok with.

Fixed.

As a Die Hard tar Heel fan, you guys will love Switzer.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#216 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:50 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Fixed.

As a Die Hard tar Heel fan, you guys will love Switzer.

The Cowboys are going to eat defenses up on short passes this year.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#217 » by The Sparest » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:10 am

Taco may not be the exciting pick some were hoping for, but the Cowboys had too many needs to waste draft ammo moving up, and couldn't take the risk of moving down. He was the safe pick in terms of need and fit, and (IMO) he set the table for the picks they made on day 2 and 3.

It'll be a year or 2 til we really know how good this draft was, but for now, I am quite happy with it. It looks like Stephen and Jason have finally helped Jerry find Draft Day Jesus.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#218 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed May 3, 2017 12:27 pm

The Sparest wrote:Taco may not be the exciting pick some were hoping for, but the Cowboys had too many needs to waste draft ammo moving up, and couldn't take the risk of moving down. He was the safe pick in terms of need and fit, and (IMO) he set the table for the picks they made on day 2 and 3.

It'll be a year or 2 til we really know how good this draft was, but for now, I am quite happy with it. It looks like Stephen and Jason have finally helped Jerry find Draft Day Jesus.

Completely agree with all the above. And - add Will McClay to that "Draft Day Jesus" gathering. We haven't had a trifecta like this since the Landry/Tex/Brandt good ol' days. Our arrow is point up... as long as we can keep Jerry from grabbing Johnny Football. :o
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#219 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cowboycolors wrote:Cowboys wont be taking Jack his knee did not check out

And Buckner not on my list

JMHO

Yea Jack won't even be a consideration now after his knee didn't check out.

I like Buckner but I don't think the Cowboys like Buckner more than Ramsey or even Elliott.

As far as Bosa, I would be ok with him but only if they also went DT at pick 34. Bosa is not the edge rusher that Ware, JJ Watt, or Von Miller were coming out of school. He's going to need help. If the Cowboys had a DT rotation of Crawford, Thornton, Billings, and David Irving causing havoc in the middle then Bosa would be less likely to see a double team (making him more effective).

Of course doing that means Kellen Moore is our primary backup this year and we would all have to pray that Romo stays healthy. Because if Romo goes down again we'd be staring at 8-8 or worse. Also I'm hearing that next year's QB class will be even weaker than this year's class.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket... but if Romo goes down again we're screwed regardless of who the backup is. And I'm not in favor of throwing a rookie out there in place of Moore.

:falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#220 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:36 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: That would be a huge mistake. That's the last thing we need. Another junkie on the team. He's another Johnny Manziel on the horizon.

I don't see that at all. He's never failed a drug test and despite the Bosa/Elliott party rumors there hasn't been anything to substantiate it. Everyone that has had any interaction with Elliott says he's a quality character guy. Everyone knew Johnny was a douche from the time he left high school.

The reports I read was the Parties got so wild that Bosa and Elliot are no longer room mates. As someone who used to work in the Human Service field, Molly and extacy will burn a hole in your brain and break down your body faster that you can blink. Trust me. Too many red flags for me when it comes to Bosa and Elliot. Sorry.

The kid needs to grow up fast or he could lose it all in a hurry.

Return to Dallas Cowboys