Read on Twitter
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Re: We're Going Streaking: Jays (8-17) at Yankees (15-8), May 1st - 3rd 

Post#83 » by Schad » Thu May 4, 2017 3:37 am

The fact that it seemed to be the underside of his upper arm (from their first report) is a plus. Probably nothing major.
**** your asterisk.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by Schad » Thu May 4, 2017 3:40 am

dagger wrote:For those who think the AL East is weak, consider that Gary Sanchez has only played in five games before being sidelined, and is finishing up a rehab at Syracuse tomorrow. The Yankees surely have a shot, and they still have a couple of good farmhands - including SS Gleyber Torres, a top 10 prospect in all of baseball - they could deal off for another starting pitcher.

Yeah, everyone expected that the Yankees' young bats gave them a good chance to be dangerous next year. The surprise is just that they beat the schedule by a season, though it's again evidence of the extent to which kids now hit the ground running.
**** your asterisk.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#85 » by C Court » Thu May 4, 2017 4:46 am

As someone who wanted the Jays to execute a true rebuild from A Ball on up, back when Alex took over, it saddens me to see all the great young positional talent in the AL East and knowing they will be very good for years to come.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#86 » by johanliebert » Thu May 4, 2017 6:14 am

Centre Court wrote:As someone who wanted the Jays to execute a true rebuild from A Ball on up, back when Alex took over, it saddens me to see all the great young positional talent in the AL East and knowing they will be very good for years to come.

Hah. I'm sure the Yankees rebuilt like you had in mind for the jays.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by Schad » Thu May 4, 2017 6:39 am

johanliebert wrote:
Centre Court wrote:As someone who wanted the Jays to execute a true rebuild from A Ball on up, back when Alex took over, it saddens me to see all the great young positional talent in the AL East and knowing they will be very good for years to come.

By trading off a bunch of veterans for value, while refusing to part with youngsters in service of a vain run at the playoffs in either of the past two years? Sounds good to me.

The Yankees actually reached the postseason in 2015, losing in the Wild Card game. They were leading the division by a sizable margin as the deadline approached, but they opted to sit on their hands...their biggest move to shore up the team was for Dustin Ackley. Perhaps they go further if they acquire an ace, but choosing to hang on to some of the best trade bait in baseball (particularly Severino and Sanchez) rather than doubling down on an old team gave them a great platform for the next decade.
**** your asterisk.
Skin Blues
Veteran
And1: 871

Post#88 » by Skin Blues » Thu May 4, 2017 12:15 pm

Schad wrote:The fact that it seemed to be the underside of his upper arm (from their first report) is a plus. Probably nothing major.

Syndergaard's trouble started the same way, with biceps soreness that caused poor performance and an early hook. Then he said he didn't need to be examined, and then he tore another muscle further down the kinetic chain in the first inning of his next start and is now going to miss 3 months. It's not as bad as forearm tightness, but any sort of arm muscle issue for a pitcher requires rest. I don't know why Stroman thinks he's a doctor. Maybe he feels like Wolverine after the ACL recovery.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#89 » by dagger » Thu May 4, 2017 1:50 pm

Schad wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

By trading off a bunch of veterans for value, while refusing to part with youngsters in service of a vain run at the playoffs in either of the past two years? Sounds good to me.

The Yankees actually reached the postseason in 2015, losing in the Wild Card game. They were leading the division by a sizable margin as the deadline approached, but they opted to sit on their hands...their biggest move to shore up the team was for Dustin Ackley. Perhaps they go further if they acquire an ace, but choosing to hang on to some of the best trade bait in baseball (particularly Severino and Sanchez) rather than doubling down on an old team gave them a great platform for the next decade.

Not only that, but reading the New York media, the team plans to be a big player in free agency and is targeting the likes of Machado, Harper and Trout. With young pieces like Sanchez and Judge, they have the best of both worlds - young stars who help make a case to an established superstar to come to New York, and they also get the financial room with young controllable players to go and make expensive offers to such superstars. If they get one or two of those A list free agents, they will have assembled pretty much a super team. That's why the Jays can't afford to trundle along as a fringe contender with overpriced, aging, diminishing talent. This will insure the Jays fall further behind New York and Boston. We have some really good talent starting to emerge in the farm system. A kid like Vlad Jr might be in the same league as a Judge or a Sanchez, a Bo Bichette might be a young Utley, Max Pentecost if he can catch could be an all-star level performer, etc etc. But it will require a couple of years of patience for them to reach Toronto.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#90 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu May 4, 2017 5:06 pm

I hear Stroman has armpit tightness - he's gotta ease up on these:

polo007
General Manager
And1: 2,652

Post#91 » by polo007 » Thu May 4, 2017 6:53 pm