ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: 2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#141 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 6, 2017 6:18 am

Cody with 2 HRs into the San Diego night.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Victor Roache 

Post#142 » by Ranma » Sat May 6, 2017 8:42 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Who is Victor Roache and why did we trade for him?

I have know no idea. Even Sports Forecaster doesn't have a scouting profile on him. Apparently, he was the 28th overall pick in the 2012 MLB Draft. He's apparently, a right-handed outfielder known for his power but has struggled to hit as a professional with a high strikeout rate and low walk rate. The kid has also dealt with a leg injury. We basically bought him from the Brewers as we only gave up cash and he isn't on the 40-man roster.

Maybe we can fix his swing and approach at the plate, but I'm not counting on him at all. We're just rolling the dice on a lottery ticket with not much of a jackpot.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Apprenticing Under the Master 

Post#143 » by Ranma » Sat May 6, 2017 8:47 pm

TKainZero wrote:Urias is absolutely filthy

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Belly Being Big-Time 

Post#144 » by Ranma » Sat May 6, 2017 8:57 pm

TKainZero wrote:Bellinger looks good. I'm pretty excited

Quake Griffin wrote:Cody with 2 HRs into the San Diego night.

I've mentioned before how Bellinger was a notch below Seager as a prospect, but Belly has adjusted to MLB much quicker and if he keeps it up, he would be a perennial All-Star. Obviously, it's too soon to heap such expectations on the kid right now,
especially with Corey struggling a bit lately. Teams will adjust to pitching to Bellinger much like they did to Puig after his hot start, so we'll see how Belly reacts and adjusts to it.

I'm just thankful that A-Gon is on the DL to allow for this kid to have an opportunity to contribute and continue to learn from the experience of playing at the highest level. At the very least, there should be plenty of confidence that 1B will be in good hands for years to come.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Props to Chris Taylor 

Post#145 » by Ranma » Sat May 6, 2017 9:04 pm

When we traded Zach Lee for Chris Taylor, I was hopeful that he'd be a good replacement for **** Hernandez. I loved his athleticism and versatility, but he's been noted for a lack of arm strength. However, I thought he threw fine in the MLB.com highlight videos I've seen on him.

In any case, he's done an admirable job on the field and in the batter's box during Logan Forsythe's absence due to injury.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#146 » by TKainZero » Sun May 7, 2017 1:55 am

Thankfull gonzolaz is on the dl is a bit much

Thankful we have such depth and a great young player to step in.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Ranma
RealGM

Appreciating the Benefit for All 

Post#147 » by Ranma » Sun May 7, 2017 3:16 am

TKainZero wrote:Thankfull gonzolaz is on the dl is a bit much

Thankful we have such depth and a great young player to step in.

What I meant was that I'm thankful that Gonzalez is taking the time to recuperate from an obvious injury rather than continue to play through it much to the detriment of himself and the team just for the sake of some silly streak, which allows for Bellinger to continue to shine on the big stage.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#148 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 7, 2017 4:53 am

Cody!
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

"That Boy Good!" 

Post#149 » by Ranma » Sun May 7, 2017 9:22 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Cody!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Ranma
RealGM

More In-Game Excitement 

Post#150 » by Ranma » Sun May 7, 2017 9:23 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#151 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 7, 2017 4:42 pm

Anybody else pleased with Yasiel Puig so far this season?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ranma
RealGM

Kind of Pleased with Puig 

Post#152 » by Ranma » Sun May 7, 2017 6:46 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Anybody else pleased with Yasiel Puig so far this season?

His defense continues to impress and I like his more disciplined approach at the plate. I just wish he got on base more and post more productive numbers in the box score. Overall, I'm glad he's still on the team.
Ranma
RealGM

Lookalikes 

Post#153 » by Ranma » Sun May 7, 2017 6:47 pm

Read on Twitter
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#154 » by TKainZero » Mon May 8, 2017 3:12 am

Odd weather in San diago
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#155 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 9, 2017 12:47 am

Great.

McCarthy (a guy I like) hits the 10 day with a shoulder.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#156 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 9, 2017 2:39 am

Chris Taylor grand salami.

Another breath of fresh air since coming to the ball club this season.

Ranma
RealGM

I Love This Team! 

Post#157 » by Ranma » Tue May 9, 2017 4:49 am

While our pitching rotation is not exactly how I want it, I really like the makeup and composition of this team.
The players feel like components of a championship worthy ballclub. I'm not saying they're going to win it this year as it is a matter of performance, but I really do like the overall look of this team. We just have to perform to the best of our ability.

Now just don't get cute and start playing A-Gon just because he's a vet. If he performs, I'd love to continue rooting for Adrian Gonzalez but I don't want him to become Jimmy Rollins to Bellinger's Seager. I still want to get rid of Andre Ethier and if we can cash in Verdugo and Calhoun for another key piece, it'd be near perfect for this season.

By the way, somebody give Turner Ward a raise.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#158 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 9, 2017 5:01 am

MAY 4, 2017

Major League Baseball has issued the Los Angeles Dodgers a serious warning after slugger Adrian Gonzalez gave pitcher Shohei Otani a signed jersey last fall, a source said Thursday.

Under the rules of the posting system, the MLB strictly prohibits its teams from directly or indirectly contacting players who have yet to reach free agency before obtaining permission to negotiate with them.

Gonzalez met Otani, who pitches for the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, on Nov. 10 when he was in Japan with the Mexico national team for an exhibition tour. The two spoke during batting practice, and Gonzalez gave Otani a Mexico jersey with his autograph and the message, “Looking forward to seeing you in the States,” as well as Dodger paraphernalia.

The MLB also warned its 30 teams not to make contact with Otani this spring, when the Fighters were holding camp in Peoria, Arizona, and notified the team and Nippon Professional Baseball of the situation."
Ranma
RealGM

Taylor-Made Fit 

Post#159 » by Ranma » Tue May 9, 2017 5:05 am

Ranma wrote:When we traded Zach Lee for Chris Taylor, I was hopeful that he'd be a good replacement for **** Hernandez. I loved his athleticism and versatility, but he's been noted for a lack of arm strength. However, I thought he threw fine in the MLB.com highlight videos I've seen on him.

In any case, he's done an admirable job on the field and in the batter's box during Logan Forsythe's absence due to injury.

Quake Griffin wrote:Chris Taylor grand salami.

Another breath of fresh air since coming to the ball club this season.

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Spoiled Sports 

Post#160 » by Ranma » Tue May 9, 2017 5:10 am

Quake Griffin wrote:MAY 4, 2017

Major League Baseball has issued the Los Angeles Dodgers a serious warning after slugger Adrian Gonzalez gave pitcher Shohei Otani a signed jersey last fall, a source said Thursday.

Under the rules of the posting system, the MLB strictly prohibits its teams from directly or indirectly contacting players who have yet to reach free agency before obtaining permission to negotiate with them.

Gonzalez met Otani, who pitches for the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters, on Nov. 10 when he was in Japan with the Mexico national team for an exhibition tour. The two spoke during batting practice, and Gonzalez gave Otani a Mexico jersey with his autograph and the message, “Looking forward to seeing you in the States,” as well as Dodger paraphernalia.

The MLB also warned its 30 teams not to make contact with Otani this spring, when the Fighters were holding camp in Peoria, Arizona, and notified the team and Nippon Professional Baseball of the situation."

I'm usually one for following the rules, but I hope the Dodgers give MLB the middle finger and find a loophole to sign Otani this offseason. I don't give a rat's patootie if the league frowns upon our conduct in this case. He was all ours until his Japanese club convinced him to stay in Nippon. I'm also still miffed the league allowed the ballclub to be sold to McCourt on credit, for crying out loud.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers