Frank Jackson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Tom349
Rookie
And1: 266

Re: Frank Jackson 

Post#21 » by Tom349 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:26 am

Admittedly haven't watched a lot of Jackson but is Austin Rivers a good comparison?
cksdayoff
RealGM
And1: 3,636

Post#22 » by cksdayoff » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:53 am

reanimator wrote:
paulbball wrote:I fail to see how Frank Jackson could go undrafted. He is the classical early 2nd round promise type of player. He should leave school this year. The $ from a first round contract by going back to school is not worth the 1 less year he gets to spend in the NBA.

Oversized athletic point guard with good shot and decent passing. Exactly the type of player you want to take a floater on. Nothing stands out (aside from size + athleticism combo), but nothing wrong with him either.

I wouldn't even call Frank a decent passer but this seems about right. Think he is below Fox and Bruce Brown but above guys like Jawun Evans and Monte Morris.

I've only tuned in to some Duke games to see Giles and Tatum and I had some interest in Frank Jackson early on, but watching Frank was like watching the Harrison twins at Kentucky for me. I didn't see the hype with the kid
#failforfultz
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,480

Post#23 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Tom349 wrote:Admittedly haven't watched a lot of Jackson but is Austin Rivers a good comparison?

Different players. Frank needs to work on his handles while handles is a strength for Austin. Frank is a much better finisher at the rim than Austin as well. Austin is long and skinny while Frank isn't the longest but a strong well built dude. Also trust Frank's shot a lot more than Rivers when Rivers was at Duke. Both combo guards though.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#24 » by yosemiteben » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:42 pm

My recollection is that Austin was much more ball dominant, whereas Frank seems to be a faster decision maker - he either gets his shot, attacks the basket, or moves the ball, whereas Austin went ISO mode much more. The Duke team Rivers was on did not have the offensive options that this year's Duke team does, so that was a bit more out of necessity though.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#25 » by goober » Wed May 17, 2017 12:46 pm

He signed with an agent and will officially be in the draft! I'm really hoping the Jazz can get him at 24 but i think he's going to be chosen before then :(

Great guy! will kill the interview process, has had a stellar combine as well.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#26 » by Coeur » Wed May 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Goober wrote:He signed with an agent and will officially be in the draft! I'm really hoping the Jazz can get him at 24 but i think he's going to be chosen before then :(

Yeah almost no way he lasts to 24 but I could see why you'd hope. I think he's in contention anywhere from 8-18 or 20.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#27 » by No-Man » Wed May 17, 2017 2:56 pm

I think he can go as high as 12th
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#28 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Fischella wrote:I think he can go as high as 12th

I really like him an think it's a real possibility. Of course I feel like we would be able to trade back a few spots and grab him
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Goober wrote:He signed with an agent and will officially be in the draft! I'm really hoping the Jazz can get him at 24 but i think he's going to be chosen before then :(

I think there is no chance a team like Milwaukee passes on him. But with that said, Utah just makes too much sense haha. He's from there, he loves it there and his game actually fits what Utah needs. He isnt the greatest facilitator but with Hayward and the system Snyder runs, he wouldnt have to be looked at to be a facilitator first and he could be looked at to just score and that is something Utah needs from the perimeter and that is something he does extremely well.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,216

Post#30 » by EvanZ » Wed May 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Sacramento at 10 is in play for Jackson. I mean, it's Sacramento.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#31 » by SBM » Wed May 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Kennard makes more sense for the Bucks. Frank, I thought he had good athleticism and even a decent shot as a freshman, just think he could have used atleast another year.
akhan786
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#32 » by akhan786 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm

As a Duke fan, I'm pretty shocked that Jazz fans are scared he'll be picked before 24 and a Carolina fan thinking that he will go lottery???

Admittedly I haven't followed much of the buzz about him since he declared, but is the info leaking out that positive for what will likely be a project PG prospect?
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#33 » by reanimator » Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 pm

cksdayoff wrote:
reanimator wrote:
paulbball wrote:I fail to see how Frank Jackson could go undrafted. He is the classical early 2nd round promise type of player. He should leave school this year. The $ from a first round contract by going back to school is not worth the 1 less year he gets to spend in the NBA.

Oversized athletic point guard with good shot and decent passing. Exactly the type of player you want to take a floater on. Nothing stands out (aside from size + athleticism combo), but nothing wrong with him either.

I wouldn't even call Frank a decent passer but this seems about right. Think he is below Fox and Bruce Brown but above guys like Jawun Evans and Monte Morris.

I've only tuned in to some Duke games to see Giles and Tatum and I had some interest in Frank Jackson early on, but watching Frank was like watching the Harrison twins at Kentucky for me. I didn't see the hype with the kid

Much better shooter than them but not the creator.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#34 » by reanimator » Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 pm

SBM wrote:Kennard makes more sense for the Bucks.

How? I just don't see a large shooting gap going forward and Frank clearly has more upside.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 pm

reanimator wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Also a much better athlete.
reanimator
Analyst

Post#36 » by reanimator » Wed May 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
reanimator wrote:
cksdayoff wrote:

Yeah, I wish his handle was a bit better so he got more functionality out of his physical gifts.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 pm

SBM wrote:Kennard makes more sense for the Bucks. Frank, I thought he had good athleticism and even a decent shot as a freshman, just think he could have used atleast another year.

I dont see that at all. Frank is the perfect PG you want with Giannis. Giannis is at his best when he has the ball in his hands and is the primary facilitator. So you want a PG that can be a threat on and off the ball and still be able to guard the opposing PG. Frank could come in and help be another scorer while not being asked to be the primary facilitator which is his biggest flaw. Im honestly kind of shocked DX and other mock drafts have Luke as high as they do.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#38 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:43 pm

reanimator wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Yeah, I wish his handle was a bit better so he got more functionality out of his physical gifts.

I think it needs to be tighten up a bit but I definitely think there is potential with his handle. Definitely wont expect him to become the next Kyrie or anything, but he is already pretty good at splitting double teams and I just like the potential with it. Im less worried about his handle than I am with his tunnel vision and facilitating.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,216

Post#39 » by EvanZ » Wed May 17, 2017 5:58 pm

SBM wrote:Kennard makes more sense for the Bucks. Frank, I thought he had good athleticism and even a decent shot as a freshman, just think he could have used atleast another year.

What position is he playing? He's going to be a terrible defender. I think FJ has the tools to be a decent defender as a PG.

I think the Bucks will take Jeanne if he's there, but FJ makes a ton of sense too.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#40 » by No-Man » Wed May 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Jeanne? having Maker? for what?

Return to NBA Draft