ImageImageImageImageImage

I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21)

Moderator: JaysRule15

SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#181 » by SharoneWright » Fri May 19, 2017 2:34 am

LOL. I will always remember where I was the first time in history that in interleague play a catchers and a pitcher went back to back with homeruns… :rocking:
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,512

Re: I Am The One Who Knocks - Atlanta Tuco's (13-21) @ then vs. Toronto Heisenberg's (17-21) 

Post#182 » by S.W.A.N » Fri May 19, 2017 2:38 am

Beaning Joey backfired.

I give the umps credit for not warning the teams before the game. Joey deserved to get beaned and once that was out of the way we played ball.
We the North
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#183 » by johanliebert » Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 am

S.W.A.N wrote:Beaning Joey backfired.

I give the umps credit for not warning the teams before the game. Joey deserved to get beaned and once that was out of the way we played ball.

Nobody deserves that..that was Teheran fastest pitch in 2 years..joey shud have tossed his bat at that clown.

How come big papa wasn't beaned 30 times a season?
jaymeister15
RealGM
And1: 1,072

Post#184 » by jaymeister15 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 am

Yep, will never understand how someone throwing a bat a bit higher than normal after hitting a homerun justifies and is considered the equivalent to throwing a ball 95 mph at a person. I would, and have, said the same thing about a Jays pitcher throwing at someone...just one of the most ridiculous things in all of sports.

I mean I can't really think of anything similar in other sports. It'd be like if an NHL player celebrated a goal a bit too much, and then had to stand there with no equipment on while the other teams hardest shooter wired a slap shot at him.
vaff87
RealGM
And1: 70,824

Post#185 » by vaff87 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:54 am

jaymeister15 wrote:Yep, will never understand how someone throwing a bat a bit higher than normal after hitting a homerun justifies and is considered the the equivalent to throwing a ball 95 mph at a person. I would, and have, said the same thing about a Jays pitcher throwing at someone...just one of the most ridiculous things in all of sports.

I think without the 7 beanings, Freeman injury, and Pillar being a jackass, this doesn't happen.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#186 » by LLJ » Fri May 19, 2017 4:47 pm

It's very annoying that there are so many "unofficial" rules when it comes to MLB pitchers. Can't show him up, can't do this, can't do that. Yet a pitcher can bean someone and then the public will just shrug "it's just payback".

I think Loup breaking someone's hand for 2 months (possibly/probably intentionally) is probably the worst thing a Jay did this week. Pitchers shouldn't be allowed to try to hurt people or "send messages." Ever been hit by a baseball? Those things are **** dangerous, moreso if they are coming at you at 95 mph. Why is it baseball tradition that pitchers allowed to "send a message" in such a dangerous way whenever they feel insulted? How is it that people consider a bat flip where NO ONE GETS HURT even worse? If a pitcher can bean someone whenever he's feeling upset, then by that logic a batter should be able to whack someone with their bat to "send a message" whenever he's feeling upset.

All these old baseball traditions are so backwards.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#187 » by Boogie! » Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

LLJ wrote:It's very annoying that there are so many "unofficial" rules when it comes to MLB pitchers. Can't show him up, can't do this, can't do that. Yet a pitcher can bean someone and then the public will just shrug "it's just payback".

I think Loup breaking someone's hand for 2 months (possibly/probably intentionally) is probably the worst thing a Jay did this week. Pitchers shouldn't be allowed to try to hurt people or "send messages." Ever been hit by a baseball? Those things are **** dangerous, moreso if they are coming at you at 95 mph. Why is it baseball tradition that pitchers allowed to "send a message" in such a dangerous way whenever they feel insulted? How is it that people consider a bat flip where NO ONE GETS HURT even worse? If a pitcher can bean someone whenever he's feeling upset, then by that logic a batter should be able to whack someone with their bat to "send a message" whenever he's feeling upset.

All these old baseball traditions are so backwards.

when its obvious guys do that intentionally they should be ejected on the spot, especially when the ump knows the history... warning should be given before the game, stupid to let them hit a guy on purpose, THEN warn both teams AFTER. meaning if other team does something in response, theyre the ones now punished. stupid ****. also tired of hearing announcers justifying "let the players deal with it."
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.

Return to Toronto Blue Jays