Around the NBA, 2016-17 Season thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Re: Around the NBA, 2016-17 Season thread 

Post#841 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 17, 2017 1:42 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:The Spurs never had a problem with taking out guys feet and legs on a jumpshot 12 years ago, why the fuss now?

Man up. Leonard's foot was already **** ed up. They get zero sympathy from me.

That was 12 years ago dude. I'm not down with settling grudges from previous decades. The league should deal with those situations at the time that they occur.

I couldn't stand Bruce Bowen back in the day. He always rode the line of being pesky/dirty and certainly crossed it several times. With that said, I don't think the solution is going out and screwing up the ankle of a Spurs superstar a generation later.

I'm annoyed with the current state of the league in that you can't even have a real shot at winning unless you have 3+ allstars and a good bench. If we had 4 teams that were really good that would be more interesting than this 2-team dog race.

I don't think Zaza went out there thinking I'm definitely going to take Kawhi out of the game. I do think he wanted to make things as uncomfortable for him as possible on that jumpshot, and in the process of doing that he made a decision that many times leads to twisted ankles.

I understand your frustration, the league is boring as hell. Outside of watching our team play this year, which was honestly a joy for me because of how hard these guys played every night, the NBA has been a snoozefest.

That being said, I don't care if it was 20 years ago. Spurs, spurs players, spurs fans didn't care when Bowen did that repeatedly to players. I never forgot that game, and I still wished that Carter swung and connected with Bowen's face after he did that.

Karma is a bitch man. I respect Popovich, but for him to outrage now when the shoe is on the other foot is hilarious to me.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#842 » by jbeachboy » Wed May 17, 2017 1:45 am

yeah popovich is a joke, having bruce bowen should keep his mouth shut about dirty players.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#843 » by Papi_swav » Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 am

Reports are saying the Hawks offered 4 first round picks for PG13 ! Whoa, that sounds like Billy Kings Nets all over again, PG is a much better player than any of the players we got but Cousins didn't even get that much. Overpay ?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#844 » by Prokorov » Fri May 19, 2017 6:59 am

Papi_swav wrote:Reports are saying the Hawks offered 4 first round picks for PG13 ! Whoa, that sounds like Billy Kings Nets all over again, PG is a much better player than any of the players we got but Cousins didn't even get that much. Overpay ?

drastic overpay. george has shown he is an all-star but not susperstar. he could barely carry the pacers to the playoffs with a decent cast... teague won more without george in atlanta.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#845 » by Paradise » Sat May 20, 2017 1:12 am

I'm thoroughly enjoying this ECF sweep by Cleveland.

Prior to tonight's game:

Read on Twitter

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#846 » by jbeachboy » Sat May 20, 2017 1:46 am

id like to know which hawks picks were offered in that deal, what numbers were they?
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#847 » by shakendfries » Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 am

Paradise wrote:I'm thoroughly enjoying this ECF sweep by Cleveland.

Prior to tonight's game:

Read on Twitter

:lol:

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Paradise

Post#848 » by Paradise » Sat May 20, 2017 1:56 am

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#849 » by Papi_swav » Sat May 20, 2017 1:57 am

Man it feels soooooo good seeing Boston getting spanked by 40 points !! lol fake #1 seed like everybody was saying all along.
Paradise

Post#850 » by Paradise » Sat May 20, 2017 1:59 am

Now, Isaiah Thomas has an "injury"

lol okay.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#851 » by Rich Rane » Sat May 20, 2017 2:43 am

Jeez, Celtics have to be the first team to tank in the playoffs after winning the lottery.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#852 » by Claud » Sat May 20, 2017 2:48 am

Truth is the Celtics even having control of our draft picks will never be able to match the Cavs and James. This is his era/time. The #1 pick won't matter one bit until the King retires. We need to build slowly because there's no point in building a quick band-aid team and keep getting bounced by James and crew. Build for the next 4-6 years. No point in overpaying role players for a quick playoffs exit.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#853 » by jbeachboy » Sat May 20, 2017 2:50 am

league just needs to wait for lebron to decline or retire and warriors too. these superteams are ruining league. no one is beating these super teams unless major injury.
Paradise

Post#854 » by Paradise » Sat May 20, 2017 3:06 am

Paul Pierce rolling over in his grave watching those Celtics tonight.

I'll be honest, Warriors and Cavs sweeping through the conferences may seem boring but it's going to set up an all-time great Finals. So much history on the line next month. LeBron could legitimately surpass the GOAT by beating the Warriors or the Warriors kick off a dynasty and Cleveland is left without a GM and championship.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#855 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat May 20, 2017 3:27 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Reports are saying the Hawks offered 4 first round picks for PG13 ! Whoa, that sounds like Billy Kings Nets all over again, PG is a much better player than any of the players we got but Cousins didn't even get that much. Overpay ?

drastic overpay. george has shown he is an all-star but not susperstar. he could barely carry the pacers to the playoffs with a decent cast... teague won more without george in atlanta.

George played better against Lebron than any other player he has faced so far.

He also kept it close nearly every game, which neither the Celtics or Raptors have done.

When he had a good supporting cast, he took Lebron's Heat to 7 games.

George is definitely a Superstar player. His supporting cast is awful.

That being said, trading 4 picks for him is just stupid lol. I wouldn't do that for anyone except top 5 players.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#856 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat May 20, 2017 3:31 am

The way Lebron is playing, I think the Cavs have the edge in the Finals.

We'll see though. Impossible to tell who is playing better, when both have absolutely destroyed the competition.

If the Warriors drop Game 3 to the Spurs, I think the Cavs will have an advantage.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#857 » by Prokorov » Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Man it feels soooooo good seeing Boston getting spanked by 40 points !! lol fake #1 seed like everybody was saying all along.

There is nothing "fake" about the Celtics.... it isnt their fault the Cavs decided to coast/rest all year. Boston is a very good team, Cleveland is just an elite team. If the celtics are a fake 1 seed then the raps are a fake 3 seed, the wiz are a fake 4 seed etc...

Boston is still WELL ahead of schedule. 53 wins and the eastern conference finals with Jalen Brown still with tons of room to grow and getting key playoff experience. Same with Rozier. They will add the #1 pick and are players for Blake Griffin or Gordon Heyward and have a punchers chance to trade for Jimmy Butler or Paul George.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#858 » by Prokorov » Sat May 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Claud wrote:Truth is the Celtics even having control of our draft picks will never be able to match the Cavs and James. This is his era/time. The #1 pick won't matter one bit until the King retires. We need to build slowly because there's no point in building a quick band-aid team and keep getting bounced by James and crew. Build for the next 4-6 years. No point in overpaying role players for a quick playoffs exit.

which is why they would be smart to keep the pick and use it and not make a deal for a guy in his prime. they should be building around brown/fultz/2018 nets pick
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#859 » by Prokorov » Sat May 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

George played better against Lebron than any other player he has faced so far.

Thats nice and all, but the pacers still got swept and george still barely got them to the playoffs. its not like george helped push cleveland to 6 games. they got swept

He also kept it close nearly every game, which neither the Celtics or Raptors have done.

a sweep is a sweep. cavs were also coming out of their regular season coma

When he had a good supporting cast, he took Lebron's Heat to 7 games.

George is definitely a Superstar player. His supporting cast is awful.

That being said, trading 4 picks for him is just stupid lol. I wouldn't do that for anyone except top 5 players.

he isnt a superstar. which is why he didnt make the all NBA teams. he is an allstar for sure. but he isnt elite by any means. and he 100% does not have a bad supporting cast. Teague/Turner/Ellis/Miles/Jefferson/Young...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#860 » by Prokorov » Sat May 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:The way Lebron is playing, I think the Cavs have the edge in the Finals.

We'll see though. Impossible to tell who is playing better, when both have absolutely destroyed the competition.

If the Warriors drop Game 3 to the Spurs, I think the Cavs will have an advantage.

I like the cavs chances better this year vs the warriors then when they won it last year....

Warriors were a machine last year.... as great as durant in there is alot of ball stopping now... reminds me of the heat year 1 with lebron, they hadnt come together yet with chemistry and wade/lebron took turns dominating the ball.

last years warriors had the best ball movement and chemistry id ever seen from a team. you make 1 wrong move and in a split second they find the open guy and its a three. i also think they were better running of high curry/green screen and rolls.

i think it would be similar to the OKC/Heat final where it became a glorified 3 on 3

Return to Brooklyn Nets