ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 MLB Draft

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2017 MLB Draft 

Post#21 » by Neddy » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:44 pm

speaking of Baez, I know Quake is done with him and the general feelings are not very fond, but I would like to retain him.

his numbers in non-pressure situation is absolutely dominating. his issue other than the fact that he is a one pitch pitcher, is that he is HR prone because he throws a strong fastball that doesn't move and tend to generate flyballs. now that 26 men roster idea is gone and buried, the bullpen will be again, consisted of 7 men. 1 closer, 4 middle relief with preferably 2 righties and 2 lefties, and 1 long man. you still need one mop up guy. let him start from being the mop up guy. if he is good, he can move up to being an occasional 7th inning guy. if not, can be replaced by Hatcher who probably will be worse.

I still am very fond of the idea of either Wood or Kazmir being the closer in case of an over-supply of starters come 2017. both guys show a strong performance the first time against the lineup, and both have enough "stuff" to get the job done. Scott performs well under high leverage situations while Wood show his best against medium leverage situations.

anywho, we have a ton of lefty arms and need to delegate a little bit.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Official Draft Bonus Pools and Slot Values (UPDATED) 

Post#22 » by Ranma » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:05 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

BA's 2017 Preseason High School All-Americans 

Post#23 » by Ranma » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:58 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

BA's Risers, Fallers, and Top 100 Rankings 

Post#24 » by Ranma » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Man, based on Baseball America's current rankings, there's been quite a bit of flux with regards to a lot of prospects who were ranked much higher earlier this season and last year even more so than the 2016 draft. I've been focused on getting young arms like Tristan Beck and Alex Scherff, but position players seem to be at a premium for this class. Mark Vientos might just be available when we pick 23rd overall and I'd have to give real serious consideration in taking him there, but I'm afraid we'll miss out on both Beck and Scherff when our next selection comes up at 62nd overall.

Man, oh man. I'd much have rather received 3 first-round picks in this draft than last year's, especially with how we ended up using them to select Gavin Lux, Jordan Sheffield, and Will Smith. It's weird to say since so far I liked the talent available in the later rounds last year than I do with what is currently comparably projected to be available for this upcoming class, but some of that is due to a lack of info. Still, I had a good handle on prospects I liked early last year.

Basically, I like the idea of having Vientos, Beck, and Scherff so much more than Lux, Sheffield, and Smith. In fact, I even like the trio of later draftees in Mitchell White (2nd round), D.J. Peters (4th round), and A.J. Alexy (11th round) right now as a whole more than those three 2016 Dodger first-round picks as a set.

This continues to illustrate my criticism of Billy Gasparino's handling of our first-round picks. I'll reiterate that I have no problems with what he and his staff have done in the later rounds, but the Dodgers' scouting staff and draft leaders need to do a much better job of swinging for the fences with our opening-round picks. This reminds me quite a lot of the Los Angeles Kings with regards to their NHL draft results where that organization also did well in the later rounds but played it overly conservative in the first round before pulling a Doc Rivers to start trading away #1 picks for rentals, which has led to their collapse from recent 2-time Stanley Cup Champions to also-ran status. I want the Dodgers to avoid such lackluster performance in the war room.

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

BA's 2017 Mock Draft 2.0 

Post#25 » by Ranma » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 pm

Whether Hunter Greene goes 1st overall or not due to signability issues, there is little doubt that he's the top prospect in the 2017 draft class. Obviously, that doesn't mean he'll be the best player from the entire draft but he looks to be the most promising talent of the current crop.

If this mock draft holds to form and we get our choice among Mark Vientos, Tristan Beck, and Alex Scherff, I'd be ecstatic and only disappointed that we can't get all three. Heliot Ramos is an intriguing prospect with high upside and I've seen him associated with the Dodgers twice now, which makes me curious if writers know something like they did when they associated us with Gavin Lux early just before last year's draft. Then again, things can and do change as we were known to be interested in Ke'Bryan Hayes for the 2015 MLB Draft with contigencies. Obviously, we went with Walker Buehler and Kyle Funkhouser instead with mixed results.

John Manuel, Baseball America (4/20/17)

Mock Draft 2.0: Brendan McKay, Hunter Greene Lead A Still Wide-Open Draft
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#26 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Pretty sad what happened to Deano and Darrell. No matter what, they brought 2 chips to the city so I can only point out them blowing draft picks but I can't **** on them.

I'm not sure if LA Hockey will ever see a run like that again. Hockey is so damn tough, getting good almost guarantees nothing. Who expected the Blackhawks to get swept out of the playoffs?

I'm still murky on what your swing for the fences mentality is. I know you mentioned JJ Schwarz as a prep and now he's gonna be a 1st or 2nd round pick. That makes sense in terms of the later rounds.

I am trying to make sense of swinging for the fences in the 1st round though. Would Delvin Perez have been a swing for the fences?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

Upside Worth the Premium Pick? 

Post#27 » by Ranma » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:I am trying to make sense of swinging for the fences in the 1st round though. Would Delvin Perez have been a swing for the fences?

Yeah. With regards to Delvin Perez, I'm a bit conflicted on him because of his PED violation just before the draft so character and work ethic would have to be considered with him as I typically shy away from those types of players. However, given the choice between him and Gavin Lux, I would have preferred Perez without knowing more about the details of his transgression.

I'm not against going after raw players if their upside warrants it. Quite the contrary, actually. Lux, while getting top marks for character, didn't warrant a first-round pick in terms of projectability, in my opinion, based on his ceiling and I like the kid. It seems like we reached for him because he was 1 of 2 SS prospects (Perez being the other) who could eventually man the position at the Major League level. We would have been better off signing an international SS prospect, however, given our restrictions during the current and next July 2nd signing periods, that likely was in consideration in making the Lux pick. Bottom line, I think we drafted more for need over BPA and I don't like doing that with first-round picks, at all.

My problem is that I perceive the Lux selection to be overly conservative in that he looks to be a solid SS prospect who may start or be a utility player for an MLB team but doesn't have any standout tools as of yet. Perez, on the other hand, has plenty of tools across the board--save for maybe power--and is currently the more advanced hitter, though Lux arguably has the higher acumen and approach. The question mark about him is his maturity, but I think the organization has been gun-shy with these type of Latino players after their experience with Esribel Arruebarrena, Alex Gonzalez, and even Yasiel Puig, which concerns me that their view has been colored with a possibly detrimental bias.

Who knows? Maybe Lux will surprise us as a hitter and shut me up. The Walker Buehler selection looks like a pleasant surprise, but I had no problems with that pick at the time and we lucked into that as he fell down the draft board and into our lap much like Delvin Perez did. Obviously, there were different circumstances and not all fallen prospects warrant such consideration, but Perez is already noted for "
dealing with the pre-Draft adversity with impressive maturity" and already in the top 100 in MLB Pipeline's rankings at 86th overall. So the question remains whether Gasparino valued Lux higher than Perez before the PED scandal, which would seem to be against the vast majority of scouting opinions just prior to the draft proceedings.

If Gavin was noted to have upside similar to Mitchell White's, who came out of nowhere when we took him in the second round in 2016, then I would be more onboard with the pick, but from what I can tell, he's more of a safe pick with a higher floor than an exciting one with a higher ceiling. To be fair to Lux, he is noted to have very good baseball instincts as a fielder and hitter, so maybe that will carry him to becoming the next Chase Utley. I certainly hope he does to prove me wrong.

p.s. There's a LHP prospect in the 2017 MLB Draft who is considered a top-10 talent but falling down the draft board due to character concerns. Seth Romero is 6'3" with a reportedly live arm but has had issues with conditioning and possibly other makeup issues. Would I draft him with our first-round pick? Not likely since it looks like the 3 aforementioned prospects should be available with our 23rd overall pick.
Ranma
RealGM

Cover Boy Hunter Greene 

Post#28 » by Ranma » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Re: Upside Worth the Premium Pick? 

Post#29 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Ranma wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:I am trying to make sense of swinging for the fences in the 1st round though. Would Delvin Perez have been a swing for the fences?

Yeah. With regards to Delvin Perez, I'm a bit conflicted on him because of his PED violation just before the draft so character and work ethic would have to be considered with him as I typically shy away from those types of players. However, given the choice between him and Gavin Lux, I would have preferred Perez without knowing more about the details of his transgression.

I'm not against going after raw players if their upside warrants it. Quite the contrary, actually. Lux, while getting top marks for character, didn't warrant a first-round pick in terms of projectability, in my opinion, based on his ceiling and I like the kid. It seems like we reached for him because he was 1 of 2 SS prospects (Perez being the other) who could eventually man the position at the Major League level. We would have been better off signing an international SS prospect, however, given our restrictions during the current and next July 2nd signing periods, that likely was in consideration in making the Lux pick. Bottom line, I think we drafted more for need over BPA and I don't like doing that with first-round picks, at all.

My problem is that I perceive the Lux selection to be overly conservative in that he looks to be a solid SS prospect who may start or be a utility player for an MLB team but doesn't have any standout tools as of yet. Perez, on the other hand, has plenty of tools across the board--save for maybe power--and is currently the more advanced hitter, though Lux arguably has the higher acumen and approach. The question mark about him is his maturity, but I think the organization has been gun-shy with these type of Latino players after their experience with Esribel Arruebarrena, Alex Gonzalez, and even Yasiel Puig, which concerns me that their view has been colored with a possibly detrimental bias.

Who knows? Maybe Lux will surprise us as a hitter and shut me up. The Walker Buehler selection looks like a pleasant surprise, but I had no problems with that pick at the time and we lucked into that as he fell down the draft board and into our lap much like Delvin Perez did. Obviously, there were different circumstances and not all fallen prospects warrant such consideration, but Perez is already noted for "
dealing with the pre-Draft adversity with impressive maturity" and already in the top 100 in MLB Pipeline's rankings at 86th overall. So the question remains whether Gasparino valued Lux higher than Perez before the PED scandal, which would seem to be against the vast majority of scouting opinions just prior to the draft proceedings.

If Gavin was noted to have upside similar to Mitchell White's, who came out of nowhere when we took him in the second round in 2016, then I would be more onboard with the pick, but from what I can tell, he's more of a safe pick with a higher floor than an exciting one with a higher ceiling. To be fair to Lux, he is noted to have very good baseball instincts as a fielder and hitter, so maybe that will carry him to becoming the next Chase Utley. I certainly hope he does to prove me wrong.

p.s. There's a LHP prospect in the 2017 MLB Draft who is considered a top-10 talent but falling down the draft board due to character concerns. Seth Romero is 6'3" with a reportedly live arm but has had issues with conditioning and possibly other makeup issues. Would I draft him with our first-round pick? Not likely since it looks like the 3 aforementioned prospects should be available with our 23rd overall pick.

I guess I'm just trying to nail down what swinging for the fences is.

I'm not putting the screws to you. I've seen it said elsewhere.
I'm just trying to sort out the difference between the Dodgers taking somebody you didn't want vs. them swinging for the fences.

You made perfect sense on the Schwarz coming out of HS example.
I guess it is just less clear to me for the 1st round.

Was it that they need to swing for the fences or Gavin Lux was just too conservative and doesn't have the upside?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Ranma
RealGM

Upside Value 

Post#30 » by Ranma » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:I guess I'm just trying to nail down what swinging for the fences is.

I'm not putting the screws to you. I've seen it said elsewhere.
I'm just trying to sort out the difference between the Dodgers taking somebody you didn't want vs. them swinging for the fences.

You made perfect sense on the Schwarz coming out of HS example.
I guess it is just less clear to me for the 1st round.

Was it that they need to swing for the fences or Gavin Lux was just too conservative and doesn't have the upside?

It's okay. I understand as I was a bit worried I wasn't clear during my rambling. Basically, I want guys with high upside, which tends to mean star potential for me. Now that may be unrealistic as most would argue that an assured eventual starting player is worth a first-round pick, which is where the risk comes into play. With regard to Lux, I wouldn't go as far to say that he's an assured starter, but he seems safe to be a likely Major Leaguer one day, however, so was Joe Thurston. My problem with Lux was his rawness coupled with his lack of projected upside.

Character makeup and instincts are appealing to me just as physical tools, clean mechanics, and hitting/pitching acumen are. It's just that I tend to value high ceilings more than low floors with regards to first-round picks, which typically means athletic prospects with more physical attributes than mental acuity. However, that does not apply to every situation as my opinion will vary from prospect to prospect depending on the details of the scouting report that I've read.

I've mentioned before how Logan White valued clean mechanics and physical ability highly on his checklist in evaluating prospects,
so I tend to be onboard with most of his selections even when I thought he leaned too heavily on pitching over position prospects,
but he usually went with what the draft gave him, which is the approach I favor.

It's funny that I feel that Billy Gasparino reached for a safe prospect for need over BPA as both Lux and Perez are shortstops. Having a SS prospect with more assured projectability in the organization when we were lacking in such prospects seemed to be a priority. I just think Gasparino favored Lux because he had less question marks about him, which to be fair is something I would normally share, but without knowing the full details, the Perez situation seemed to be one of immaturity and bad judgment given that he just didn't know any better. There's a fine line between taking PEDs to gain a competitive advantage in an unfair manner and being convinced that it's a necessity in order to keep up with MLB players who've taken them.

This is why I want our scouts to look into his character and makeup. Obviously, Lux has the edge in terms of instincts and character makeup, but it's another thing to automatically assume that Perez is the next Esribel Arruebarrena because of his Latin decent and misjudgment.

In any case, I'm just advocating for taking the best player available with the highest potential with regards to our first-round selections. However, BPA has not really been defined in one set consistent form. For instance, there was the no-brainer of Clayton Kershaw who was the top high-school pitcher in the 2006 MLB Draft where I was hoping vigorously that he'd be available when the Dodgers selected 7th overall. His stuff and physical profile were quite attractive along with statistical numbers. We were lucky to get him as Luke Hochevar's reneging allowed him to be taken before our pick in the following draft and Kershaw supposedly had a bad performance when the Tigers scouted him, who then took Andrew Miller right before us.

Then you have Corey Seager, who I admittedly was not in love with (but still liked). He was clearly the best player available IMO when we chose 18th overall in the 2012 draft even if I wouldn't define it as "swinging for the fences" at the time, but that was due in part to the lack of available top-end talent left, Michael Wacha notwithstanding. He had the bloodlines, smooth swing mechanics, and batting acumen that appealed to me but I was not fully aware of his character makeup and he was relatively unathletic and physically immature at the time, which led to question marks about where he would eventually play on the field and his power production. He seemed a little lackluster for what I feared to be an eventual 3B or maybe even 1B prospect, but he has since proved to be better than I anticipated both in fielding his position at SS and as a hitter.

I'm not sure if I answered your question, but the best way I can answer is that I want BPA with high-ceilings and physical tools in our draft picks when I say that we "swing for the fences". Obviously, that will be dictated by what will be available when we pick, but the Delvin Perez situation presented itself with such an opportunity IMO. Sometimes we're not afforded the opportunity to "swing for the fences" and have to just go with BPA, but even there, I would argue that Gavin Lux didn't fit such a profile when we took him 20th overall in 2016.
Ranma
RealGM

MLB Pipeline Top 100 Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#31 » by Ranma » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 am

Wow! Alex Scherff, Tristan Beck, Mark Vientos, and even Heliot Ramos, who Baseball America picked as the Dodgers' selection in its latest mock draft, all are ranked out of the top 40 and presumably projected out of the first round in MLB Pipeline's initial rankings of the 2017 MLB Draft class.

I'm going to have to read the profiles when I have more time, but I'm still partial to both Scherff and Beck. Beck has leverage as he can go back to Stanford for his junior year and, despite his projected lack of "swing for the fence" potential with regards to his fastball velocity, I really hope we draft and sign him with our second-round pick but I suspect he'd rather go back to school to boost his draft stock. Despite the projection, I still think he has a decent chance to add significant velocity to his fastball. I love his command and think he's moldable with advanced feel for pitching.

I like Scherff's fastball-changeup combo and also suspect (or hope) that his delivery mechanics are fixable. Despite previous conditioning issues and being one of the older prep prospects in his class--two flags that typically bother me--I still like him as a prospect with promise and high upside.

I was never in love with either Vientos or Ramos, but it was hard to ignore their previous scouting reports praising their respective tools. I'm still intrigued by both, but I'm not yet sold on either just yet.

A name that intrigues me already is Keston Hiura out of UC Irvine who sounds like a right-handed-batting Willie Calhoun but with less power. Hiura is an advanced hitter without a defined position projected to play either in the OF or at 2B. On top of that, he may need Tommy John surgery. I'm not generally fond of taking 2B prospects in the first-round but the kid has my attention. He can't be a worse fielder than Calhoun and maybe will slide given his injury concerns.

Also based on these initial projections, there seems to be a cut-off in talent with the top 17 picks with the top 3 of Hunter Greene, Brendan McKay, and Kyle Wright reportedly separating themselves from the pack.

2017 MLB Pipeline Top 100 Draft Prospect Watch
(Each Prospect Profile Embedded with Link to Corresponding MLB.com Video)

Ranma
RealGM

Jordon Adell, OF, Ballard HS KY 

Post#32 » by Ranma » Sun May 14, 2017 3:36 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers Digest's Draft Profile: Heliot Ramos 

Post#33 » by Ranma » Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

2017 Mock Drafts: BA's 3.0 and Minor League Ball's Mark I 

Post#34 » by Ranma » Fri May 19, 2017 2:08 am

BA's latest mock draft has quite a bit of intrigue with regards to the Dodgers and Sickels's mock provides another reference point for comparison. Neither of my top draft targets--Alex Scherff and Tristan Beck--are projected in the first or Compensatory A rounds in either of these mocks.

While Manuel has us targeting college pitchers Griffin Canning and Tanner Houck, Sickels projects prep arm Hans Crouse. Both Houck and Crouse have been identified early as top prospects for the 2017 draft class even if their respective rankings have fallen a bit since. Both are good-sized RHPs with big frames at 6'5" armed with impressive fastballs with multiple secondary pitches as works in progress. However, they both also have concerns about mechanics, which contributes to doubts of developing those aforementioned secondary pitches. Canning reminds me of another alumn from my alma mater: James Kaprielian. While he lacks Kaprielian's size at 6'1", he is just as solid a pitching prospect with polish and feel for multiple pitches displaying good control of his entire repertoire. The problem is that he doesn't fall into the "swing for the fences" category even if he is an attractive prospect in his own right as an anticipated back-of-the-rotation MLB starter.

I'd still rather have Scherff than any of these pitchers projected to us right now and I'm still a believer in Beck even if he lacks the velocity of both Crouse and Houck. There's little argument that Canning is the better pitcher now, but I'm still holding out hope for more upside in Beck. However, Beck does present a question if he's worth the wait as his upside may now be viewed as more limited, which is why I've shifted my targeting of him as a second-round selection. As I mentioned previously, his situation is further complicated in that he still has leverage to return for his junior season at Stanford.

What's intriguing is that Manuel stated that position prospects Bubba Thompson and Evan White are both targets on the Dodgers' draft board. He also goes on to mention the Dodgers in BPA mode, which follows his 2.0 mock where the organization is looking for upside over safety, which is encouraging for me to hear with regards to the approach with our first-round selection as long as they don't sacrifice their previous strategy with the later rounds, which I've applauded Billy Gasparino for. Maybe Stan Kasten gave Gasparino a directive or more leash to take risks with our first pick. In any case, this is exactly what I want.

I've stated before that my preference is to go with young arms and I may still lean that way, but the targets mentioned (except for maybe White at this point) certainly fall into the "swing for the fences" category I've been harping about these past couple of years. First, Thompson is a 2-sport star as a QB and OFer, but is considered one of the best athletes in the entire 2017 draft class. He's a 5-tool prospect with well-above-average speed and a good glove to go with a good arm. He projects to play CF but could improve his reads in the field. What's encouraging is that he is not as raw as one would think for a prospect splitting time between 2 sports in displaying good feel for the bat with a quick swing. He also has power potential as a right-handed batter.

White is almost the mirror image of Cody Bellinger as a 1B prospect but he bats right-handed while throwing with his left. Like Bellinger, he's a very good athlete for a first baseman with Gold Glove potential who is also capable in the outfield. He runs well (maybe better than Cody) but is not quite as tall at 6'3" and has a throwing arm maybe a notch below Belly's. Still, he's a good hitter who manages the strike zone well. He doesn't display much power with a flat swing, but neither did Cody when we drafted him. Maybe he can get some tips on incorporating loft into his swing from his so-called spirit animal.

Jordon Addell is another 5-tool prospect with power potential and the the best all-around tools in the draft. MLB Pipeline currently projects him at 22nd overall, which is within our range. The concern with Addell is with regards to his propensity to swing-and-miss. Other than that, he seems to check every other box even going so far as to display potential on the mound with a 97-mph heater and hammer curveball. I doubt he drops to us, but he'd be very hard to pass up.

Speaking of unlikely drops, Manuel has Jeren Kendall falling to 15th overall in BA's mock. If he falls to us, he'd be another player hard to pass up on as an outfielder with 5-tool potential and speed to burn. I'd easily take any one of these players over Heliot Ramos.

It's funny but Keston Hiura, who I mentioned last time as a right-handed-hitting Willie Calhoun but with a better likelihood of fielding 2B seems to be moving up the draft board. All in all, I'm optimistically hopeful that Manuel's notes are reflective of the Dodgers' change in draft philosophy in the first round.

John Manuel, Baseball America (5/18/17)

MLB Mock Draft 3.0

John Sickels, MinorLeagueBall.com (5/18/17)
23) Dodgers: Hans Crouse, RHP, Dana Hills, California: Physical (6-5) right-hander with remaining projection who already throws in the mid-90s. He may have to go this high to pass up Southern California baseball.

2017 MLB Mock Draft: Mark I

Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers Digest's Draft Profile: Evan White 

Post#35 » by Ranma » Fri May 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Mock Drafts by Callis (5/12) & Mayo (5/18) 

Post#36 » by Ranma » Fri May 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Warmoth sounds like another Lux except more polished and a right-handed batter. He's probably not as good a fielder as Lux but he'll likely end up the better hitter. Not a sexy pick, but another one of those safe options that Gasparino is used to making, especially since he's a shortstop despite possibly having to move over to 2B if and when he gets to the majors.

Pearson certainly has promise and upside in his 6'6" frame with an impressive fastball and a bunch of secondary pitches as works in progress. Despite the majority opinion thinking he can start, he seems to be a high-leverage reliever to me right now. I'm all for taking taking risks for a big payoff but this risk-reward proposition doesn't appeal to me, especially with other prospects likely to be available to us.

Jim Callis, MLB.com (5/12/17)
23. Dodgers: Logan Warmoth, SS, North Carolina

If the Draft unfolds like this, Warmoth would be the last consensus college first-round position player remaining. Los Angeles also could go for an athletic high school outfielder such as Thompson or Puerto Rico's Heliot Ramos.

Callis: Projecting the First Round of the 2017 Draft

Jonathan Mayo, MLB.com (5/18/17)
23. Dodgers: Nate Pearson, RHP, JC of Central Florida

Pearson is big, strong and has plus arm strength. Most feel he can start, but even if he can't, his power arsenal could get him to the big leagues in a hurry.

Mock Draft: Could Twins Go Greene?

Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers Digest's Big Board v. 1.0 

Post#37 » by Ranma » Mon May 22, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm disappointed that Alex Scherff didn't make Nosler's big list. Ramos being atop his preference makes it even more unappealing.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Dustin Nosler, DodgersDigest.com (5/22/17)
My Big Board, v 1.0

1. OF Heliot Ramos, Alfonso Casta Martinez HS (P.R.)
2. 1B/OF Evan White, Kentucky
3. RHP Griffin Canning, UCLA
4. OF Bubba Thompson, McGill-Toolen HS (Ala.)
5. LHP David Peterson, Oregon
6. RHP Tanner Houck, Missouri
7. 3B/SS Mark Vientos, American Heritage HS (Fla.)
8. RHP Tristan Beck, Stanford
9. 3B/1B Jake Burger, Missouri State
10. LHP Brendon Little, State JC of Florida-Manatee
11. RHP Hans Crouse, Dana Hills HS (Calif.)
12. RHP Alex Lange, LSU
13. SS Logan Warmoth, North Carolina
14. RHP Corbin Martin, Texas A&M
15. 3B Ryan Vilade, Stillwater HS (Okla.)

2017 MLB Draft: Dodgers’ Big Board, v 1.0
Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers Digest's Draft Profile: Tanner Houck 

Post#38 » by Ranma » Tue May 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#39 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Will catch up and read all this stuff on the draft class.

I'm growing to love the televised MLB draft and you (Ranma), help keep me excited about it.
Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers Digest's Draft Profile: David Peterson 

Post#40 » by Ranma » Wed May 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers