Transfer Thread 11 - January Window 2018

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,593

Transfer Thread 11 - January Window 2018 

Post#1 » by Baphomet » Sun May 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Thread 10 hadn't quite reached 100 pages, but I figured I'd make a fresh thread anyway for the upcoming window!

Where does James go? How about Lacazette? Does Coutinho stay put? Discuss transfers here.
itsallaboutme
Freshman
And1: 55

Re: Transfer Thread 11 - Summer Window 2017 

Post#2 » by itsallaboutme » Mon May 22, 2017 5:38 am

As a Spurs fan i fear that Daniel Levy might be open to offers on our stars to help pay for the new stadium. Kyle Walker to City seems to have some momentum. Gareth Bale is rumoured to want to bring his family back to England, would kill me to see him playing for anyone other than Spurs.
No_20
Veteran
And1: 319

Post#3 » by No_20 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am

What do you guys think will be the biggest transfer of the summer?

Much obviously depends on Man Utd winning the final in Stockholm on Wednesday. If they do that they'll definitely be active and once again make some marquee signings.

Think Griezmann and Mbappe are staying. Sanchez to Bayern/another PL club is an interesting one.
Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Toni Kroos, Pep Guardiola, Ernst Happel, Joachim Löw.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#4 » by Man of Steel » Mon May 22, 2017 10:00 am

Hope Hamez stays- you can tell he really was a Madrid fan before and during his tenure here. Have a feeling we'll do something dumb like swap him and cash for Hazard, when we already lack the space to field Isco enough. Rather hold on to an unhappy but productive player than buy an expensive shiny new one to make someone else in the squad unhappy :roll: Wish we would hold off on Hazard until Ronnie looks like he's ready to hang it up, but at this rate who knows when that happens haha :lol:

Between Vinicius Jr. and Theo Hernandez (done deals afaik), as well as I rumours of Bernardo Silva, Mbappe, Dybala, Dembele, and Ajax's Davinson Sanchez, its clear the mandate is young talent rn. We've made bids for a couple teenage Portuguese talents that look good.

One of Benz/Morata, one of Bale/James, Pepe, and Coentrao will go. Depth this year was key in nabbing the league and being fresh for the Champions. Hope we can say the same next year!
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Baphomet » Mon May 22, 2017 11:49 am

itsallaboutme wrote:As a Spurs fan i fear that Daniel Levy might be open to offers on our stars to help pay for the new stadium. Kyle Walker to City seems to have some momentum. Gareth Bale is rumoured to want to bring his family back to England, would kill me to see him playing for anyone other than Spurs.

I only see Walker, Sissoko and Wimmer leaving, personally. I don't think any of our current main crop will leave at the moment. The money for Walker will most likely be silly in order for Levy to sell him to a rival, my guess would be £40-50m.

I will be sad to see Walker go. Defensively he had really stepped up in recent seasons, despite his brainfarts at times. Offensively I think Trippier might be even better, he topped Walker's assist tally for the season on only a few starts and is by far the best crosser of the ball out of our fullbacks, but defensively he has some issues. Walker's pace and athleticism would be massive on a team like City too, hope he doesn't make us regret it.

As far as Bale's concerned, I know what you mean. I think United would be the (slightly) lesser evil compared to him potentially going to Chelsea, City, etc.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#6 » by CalamityX12 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:47 pm

I think Griezmann leaves as well.

Hope James stays with Real Madrid as a fan of both but he needs legit playing time and consideration and I don't see it here in Madrid.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,037

Post#7 » by coldfish » Mon May 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Many, many sites have the same information for Liverpool. Maybe they are just copying each other but they really fit their needs and their owner's preference for young up and comers over established talent.

van Dijk - Southampton
Werner - RB Leipzig
Keita - RB Leipzig
Sessegnon - Fulham

Come up consistently. As with most teams, lots of other names are linked which I blame on teams and agents leaking stuff to affect wage and price.

Going out, I see Sakho to Crystal Palace, Sturridge to West Ham or another mid table prem team, Moreno to spain and some other bottom feeders who no one cares about.

Liverpool reportedly has a huge transfer budget and will likely add to that with the Sakho sale. They need a lot of depth as they really struggled once players went down from injury. Klopp himself says that the business is just about done so I expect them to move quick.

I expect this to be an extremely active transfer window with the top 4 in the prem spending huge amounts of money. Man U too.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#8 » by Next Coming » Tue May 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Liverpool: Van Dijk done. Keita next. BLIMEY!
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Next Coming » Tue May 23, 2017 1:18 pm

FSG and Klopp seem pretty adamant that we will be investing heavily into our team.

Virgil Van Dijk
Naby Keita
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
Ryan Sessegnon

And one of Belotti, Werner or maybe Mbappe(don't laugh at me, i'm just speaking it into existence)
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Baphomet » Tue May 23, 2017 1:31 pm

No_20 wrote:What do you guys think will be the biggest transfer of the summer?

Much obviously depends on Man Utd winning the final in Stockholm on Wednesday. If they do that they'll definitely be active and once again make some marquee signings.

Think Griezmann and Mbappe are staying. Sanchez to Bayern/another PL club is an interesting one.

I still think Griezmann moves, and that will be the biggest transfer of the summer (probably 70-80m Euros, possibly more). It depends on whether or not United win the EL and subsequently make the CL, I reckon. If they win, he goes to United. I know Guillem Balague is a hack but he has his sources and is claiming the same thing.

Meanwhile, Spurs are linked to Ross Barkley and Zaha. I'd absolutely take Wilf but I'm not keen on Barkley.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,201

Post#11 » by J-Mezzy » Tue May 23, 2017 2:14 pm

James will go somewhere
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#12 » by HIF » Tue May 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Baphomet wrote:
No_20 wrote:What do you guys think will be the biggest transfer of the summer?

I still think Griezmann moves, and that will be the biggest transfer of the summer (probably 70-80m Euros, possibly more). It depends on whether or not United win the EL and subsequently make the CL, I reckon. If they win, he goes to United. I know Guillem Balague is a hack but he has his sources and is claiming the same thing.

Meanwhile, Spurs are linked to Ross Barkley and Zaha. I'd absolutely take Wilf but I'm not keen on Barkley.

If Griezmann moves maybe AM will go for Vardy.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Baphomet » Tue May 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Anyone know much about this kid? €46m is a HUGE fee for a 16 year old.

Read on Twitter
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#14 » by CalamityX12 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:24 pm

no one knows lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#15 » by Foye » Tue May 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Baphomet wrote:Anyone know much about this kid? €46m is a HUGE fee for a 16 year old.

Read on Twitter

Werent they recently banned from signing players due to illegal youth transfers? Goong right for another ban?
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#16 » by Foye » Tue May 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Monaco got a great deal with Tielemans.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RealGM Forums
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#17 » by Man of Steel » Wed May 24, 2017 3:08 am

Baphomet wrote:Anyone know much about this kid? €46m is a HUGE fee for a 16 year old.

Read on Twitter

Inflation is nasty these days. Comes on the heels of Barca bidding over €25M for the kid haha.

I know he impressed at youth level for Brazil but he's only very recently had his first team debut for Flamengo. Don't want to prematurely label him a Neymar, or a Robinho, but our scouting teams had more hits than misses in the recent past. Can't see them paying the money unless they know something to confirm he's a star in the making. He'll stay there to develop another couple years and head over when he's 18.
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
The_Brecht
Starter
And1: 903

Post#18 » by The_Brecht » Wed May 24, 2017 11:09 am

Foye wrote:Monaco got a great deal with Tielemans.

25m euro and Anderlecht gets 10% of the next fee.

Excellent deal for both clubs and Youri himself.
West-Flemish for behinners:

- Dust means thirsty.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Next Coming » Wed May 24, 2017 12:13 pm

The_Brecht wrote:
Foye wrote:Monaco got a great deal with Tielemans.

25m euro and Anderlecht gets 10% of the next fee.

Excellent deal for both clubs and Youri himself.

His fee is going to double in two years.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
And1: 516

Post#20 » by sleepyvato » Thu May 25, 2017 5:34 pm

As far as Real Madrid is concerned, I believe this is what will happen in this transfer window for the club:

Out: Pepe, Fabio Coentrao, James Rodriguez and Alvaro Morata,

In: Marcos Llorente, Jesús Vallejo, Theo Hernandez and Kylian Mbappe.

Return to The General Soccer Board