Hammond to ORL: Confirmed by ownership

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Re: Orlando Interested in Hammond 

Post#201 » by humanrefutation » Tue May 23, 2017 4:52 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Hammond's bad moves predate Kidd and predate LED.

They don't just predate Kidd and LED, though. He's made **** moves since they came on board, too.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#202 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue May 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:This whole situation makes me feel gross. I don't have confidence in this front office.

Their last handful of moves included drafting Thon Maker, a pick overwhelmingly despised on this forum at the time, drafting Malcolm Brogdon in the 2nd round, a guy who's ALREADY a redraft consensus top 10 pick (and ROY candidate), MCW straight up for Snell, Plumlee for space. None of us know exactly the dynamic in the front office (although that doesn't prevent folks from wildly speculating) but I'd say they're trending in the right direction.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#203 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 23, 2017 5:10 pm

No one says all of Hammonds moves have been bad. But dismissing bad moves as "meddling" while praising good moves doesn't add up.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#204 » by emunney » Tue May 23, 2017 5:21 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:This whole situation makes me feel gross. I don't have confidence in this front office.

Their last handful of moves included drafting Thon Maker, a pick overwhelmingly despised on this forum at the time, drafting Malcolm Brogdon in the 2nd round, a guy who's ALREADY a redraft consensus top 10 pick (and ROY candidate), MCW straight up for Snell, Plumlee for space. None of us know exactly the dynamic in the front office (although that doesn't prevent folks from wildly speculating) but I'd say they're trending in the right direction.

Visionary
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#205 » by Iheartfootball » Tue May 23, 2017 5:23 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

I hear you. I wouldn't say it's personnel moves per se but the chatter that has come from insiders - most off the record and not verified to be clear so who knows how credible it is - about the dynamic. Where there's smoke there's fire and it sounds dysfunctional to me.

Usually the truth is somewhere in the middle and my hope is that ownership is learning and pushing the organization forward. Two steps forward one step back. I'm getting the sense that Kidd might not be the best fit from a coaching and front office standpoint. Something feels off with that guy.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,716

Post#206 » by tydett » Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 pm

I just cannot shake the nagging feeling that in the Detroit FO, Hammond was the one responsible for the Milicic selection - he fits the Hammond first round mantra: young foreigner with potential and lack of pedigree that could be a home run but also large bust potential. That pick alone, if it was Hammond, should've removed all credibility from him as a GM.

That being said, he's done "fine" here. The team has not been in the position it's in now with Giannis, who was Hammond's pick, and Giannis should in theory buy Hammond the next 5-6 years (hell, Durant, Westbrook and Harden bought Sam Presti a lifetime contract and he's been pretty much the definition of marginal aside from drafting those guys). If he goes, the Bucks probably won't miss him, but they need to find someone who can be the R.C. Buford or the Donnie Nelson and take the team to the promised land. I don't know if that's Zanik, but the Bucks have to figure it out quickly if it is.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#207 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#208 » by emunney » Tue May 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Iiiiiiinteresting.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
feldm093
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#209 » by feldm093 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm

The end of an era. Only GM the Bucks have had since I came on board.

Let the chaos reign.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#210 » by Badgerlander » Tue May 23, 2017 6:01 pm

gotta think Kidd is gone
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#211 » by Iheartfootball » Tue May 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Badgerlander wrote:gotta think Kidd is gone

Why's that?
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,760

Post#212 » by fansinceforever » Tue May 23, 2017 6:02 pm

This Hammond debate always just ends up in the same place.

The praise: drafting Giannis!!! Thon (we think), Brogdon, trading for Middleton, Mbah a Moute, Tobes, Jodie meeks. He made a couple trades that allowed us to have some fun but weren't HUGE needle movers in Salmons and Snell.

The Bad: Trades and Free agency.

I believe it was PP who said that this franchise absolutely must have a top 1/3 GM/Front office to get to where we all want them to be. I agree with that.

Hammond has done some good no doubt and my fervent animosity towards has waned. That said, maybe it's just time for both parties to move on. He'll always have the Giannis feather in his cap but this team needs to get creative as our young stars transition out of their early years. It's time to start winning and Hammond just hasn't accomplished that here.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#213 » by Badgerlander » Tue May 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#214 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Like I said on Twitter, I don't love the idea of Orlando knowing who the Bucks like at #17. Doesn't matter at #6, but it sure as **** matters at #25, or in how Orlando deals on draft night with other teams.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#215 » by Badgerlander » Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:gotta think Kidd is gone

Why's that?

I had thought that Kidd and Hammonds contracts both ran out after this next season but now i'm noticing that Kidd's goes thru the 2019-20 season, so maybe Kidd will be here another year. I had thought that the owners had linked their destiny together by signing them both to one year extensions last summer so I figured if Hammond was gone then Kidd would be too, now I'm not so sure.

Spoiler:

kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#216 » by kid idioteque » Tue May 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Update thread title with new reports?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#217 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 23, 2017 6:15 pm

As usual, the sarcastic "savant" and "8 YEARS" comments betray the facts and promote this straw man argument that people are arguing that Hammond was always a genius whose only fault was being constantly under the heel of inept ownership. Rather than the reality of simply admitting that he's quite obviously above the Billy Kings and Ernie Grunfelds on the GM spectrum.

God forbid someone can look at the most important moves and deduce that the positives (Giannis, Middleton, Thon, Brogdon) outweigh the negatives (Vaughn, Inglis, Vasquez, Henson) over the past 4 years, and that this team is in a significantly better position for the future than 80-90% of the other franchises.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Re: Stein: Hammond expected to join Weltman in ORL 

Post#218 » by Dan Z » Tue May 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Things sure have changed...I remember reading these boards a few years ago and many people wanted Hammond to go. Now it sounds like you'd like him to stay.
diener34
Junior
And1: 66

Post#219 » by diener34 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Do we know how attached Zanik is to advanced analytics?
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#220 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Tue May 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:This whole situation makes me feel gross. I don't have confidence in this current ownership group.

fixed that for you

Return to Milwaukee Bucks