Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Re: Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues 

Post#341 » by Howard Mass » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:02 am

robbie84 wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:
robbie84 wrote:Can't seem to make new topics in general NBA forum. Not sure why? Haven't been banned there and don't post much but went to make topic and there is no 'new topic' button for me in General NBA forum.

Thanks

Robbie84,

Is everything good now?

yes all fixed thanks !

Awesome!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,901

Post#342 » by G R E Y » Wed Apr 5, 2017 2:29 am

Hello,

What happened to all of the notifications? I used to have pages of them and now there are only the last eight from today. When one isn't on here for a while it's nice to see whether there is a missed comment to respond to. Is there a glitch or have they just been wiped out en masse?

Thank you.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#343 » by ciueli » Mon May 1, 2017 3:17 am

There is some javascript process that occasionally maxes out my CPU and makes performance extremely sluggish (macOS, Safari). In the best of times it fluctuates anywhere between 16% and 70% CPU usage, but when it runs wild it can go all the way into the 300% range, nearly saturating all my CPU cores. When I disable javascript the problem immediately disappears and CPU usage drops to a more resonable 1% to 2%.
Pablo Novi
Senior
And1: 233

I'm an internet tech "idiot"; so this is probably NOT an "Account Issue" 

Post#344 » by Pablo Novi » Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 am

I'm an internet tech "idiot"; so this is probably NOT an "Account Issue"

Let me be crystal clear about something, upfront.

I'm an IDIOT when it comes to internet tech stuff; so I wouldn't be surprised in the least if my "account issue" is not really an issue but just more "idiocy" on my part.

I just went to my "notifications" and, instead of perhaps 40, there were only 4. Then I just went back again, and instead of 4, there is only one.

This may or may not be related to the fact that, iirc, recently I had trouble signing in; and then, seemingly I stopped having problems signing in - seeing as I seem to be signed in now - and I don't recall doing anything different.

It's all so clear to me now - clear as mud.

P.S. Thanx in advance for either: your help or your forgiveness! lol
-----
"Is it me or is it my deodorant?"

N.B. For most of you, you're probably not old enough to remember the TV commercial this line came from - but, incongruously, it struck me as .... something.
Pablo Novi
Senior

Post#345 » by Pablo Novi » Thu May 25, 2017 2:23 am

GREY 1769 wrote:Hello,

What happened to all of the notifications? I used to have pages of them and now there are only the last eight from today. When one isn't on here for a while it's nice to see whether there is a missed comment to respond to. Is there a glitch or have they just been wiped out en masse?

Thank you.

Well, what do you know?
For a change, maybe I'm not as much of an idiot as I was rumoring myself to be! lol

P.S. See my just posted post for any further clarification or confusion (as the case may be or not be)?
Pablo Novi
Senior

Post#346 » by Pablo Novi » Thu May 25, 2017 2:41 am

Back late last year, Oct 11, 2016, I started an OT thread entitled,
"Could Wilt Have Made Love With 20,000 Women? I Have; BUT With 1 Woman!"
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1482854

However difficult-for-most-people-to-believe it might have been; it was absolutely truthful.
I was absolutely savaged in that thread! A whole string of abusive ridicule posts; then it got closed in December.

I thought and still think that it was RELEVANT - People raise the question of whether Wilt really could have done what he claimed to have done - so why not address that question with some actual facts?

Heck, I got a couple of PMs from people who encouraged me to keep posting and who noted that I was being attacked by, paraphrased: "a bunch of jackals, who've ruined realGM for me so much that I no longer post here."
I am not much cry-babying about how me and my thread were treated.

Besides which, it could well have been an excellent opportunity to have a discussion about "How best to treat your mate (or wife)?" Seeing as most of realGM are relatively-young males - I figure that would be a most-welcome and useful discussion to have.

Particularly given that my wife and I have 30.5 incredibly blissful years together. Maybe just maybe I / we have something significant to contribute here based on all that good loving?

Recently, I was posting in another thread, "Your Unpopular Opinions" and, it was correctly noted that I/we had gone Off Topic and it was suggested, by a mod, that I open up an OT thread to continue that discussion. viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1405474&p=55734107#p55734107

I have not yet attempted that because I'm wary of the same treatment - I'm quite old and have a thick skin - so it wouldn't much bother me - but it would make the effort NOT worth it - and, nasty back-and-forths do tend to make both/all sides look BAD (even when one is taking the high moral ground).

Any suggestions? (Is this even the right way/place to raise this question?
Thanx
Pablo Novi
Senior

Post#347 » by Pablo Novi » Thu May 25, 2017 2:48 am

ciueli wrote:There is some javascript process that occasionally maxes out my CPU and makes performance extremely sluggish (macOS, Safari). In the best of times it fluctuates anywhere between 16% and 70% CPU usage, but when it runs wild it can go all the way into the 300% range, nearly saturating all my CPU cores. When I disable javascript the problem immediately disappears and CPU usage drops to a more resonable 1% to 2%.

I use Windows 10 on a laptop and recently (a month ago?) I had similar super-high "usage" issues (90+%). I ended up doing perhaps 10 different things (anti malware, anti-virus, defrag, etc. etc. multiple times and finally that problem seemed to resolve itself - but I have no idea IF anything I did fixed it or it "fixed itself" somehow or realGM fixed it.

In other words, PERHAPS, I'm adding my voice to yours over the same problem.

But maybe not at all - what the bleep do I know?
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#348 » by FreeSpiritNY » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 am

I am having trouble with the avatars can you please help me
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#349 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 pm

What is the deal with all of these pop ups I'm getting?! The website is borderline unusable on an iPhone. It's very difficult to click out of them on a phone without inadvertently clicking on the advertisement itself.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Writebloc
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,615

Post#350 » by Writebloc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm having avatar problems as well.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#351 » by dacrusha » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:38 pm

Pablo Novi wrote:
ciueli wrote:There is some javascript process that occasionally maxes out my CPU and makes performance extremely sluggish (macOS, Safari). In the best of times it fluctuates anywhere between 16% and 70% CPU usage, but when it runs wild it can go all the way into the 300% range, nearly saturating all my CPU cores. When I disable javascript the problem immediately disappears and CPU usage drops to a more resonable 1% to 2%.

I use Windows 10 on a laptop and recently (a month ago?) I had similar super-high "usage" issues (90+%). I ended up doing perhaps 10 different things (anti malware, anti-virus, defrag, etc. etc. multiple times and finally that problem seemed to resolve itself - but I have no idea IF anything I did fixed it or it "fixed itself" somehow or realGM fixed it.

Same issue here. Realgm forums have become unbearable to navigate on my windows 10 laptop with 64-bit Chrome v.59.0.3071.115... but I took the above poster's advice and shut off Javascript processes and everything is running well again.

Any thoughts from the admins?
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#352 » by ciueli » Wed Jul 5, 2017 4:21 pm

dacrusha wrote:
Pablo Novi wrote:

Same issue here. Realgm forums have become unbearable to navigate on my windows 10 laptop with 64-bit Chrome v.59.0.3071.115... but I took the above poster's advice and shut off Javascript processes and everything is running well again.

Any thoughts from the admins?

Looking at the javascript console, I am getting a whole lot of the following error:
Blocked a frame with origin "http://tpc.googlesyndication.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://forums.realgm.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.

In a very short period of time I can easily get hundreds of these errors, along with some others like:

Failed to load resource: Origin http://tpc.googlesyndication.com is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin https://cdn.stickyadstv.com/mustang/bandwidth-test-25ko?cachebuster=1499270538474

and

Failed to load resource: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “js.moatads.com” which could put your confidential information at risk. https://js.moatads.com/aolvidibleapi29384728347/moatapi.js#moatApiCallback=moatApiInit1499270531349

I don't know if this is what is causing the massive CPU usage that I'm seeing, but it seems reasonable to assume that it's related. It would be nice if this bad code could get cleaned up, as it stands I frequently have to turn off Javascript if I'm on this site for more than a few minutes.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#353 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jul 7, 2017 4:48 am

I'm not able to send private messages and need to message Howard Mass about something.

How can I go about doing this?
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#354 » by Lord Eder » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: Forums on Mobile Devices

For several months now the forums have been borderline unusable on mobile browsing. Lots of lagging, and if I try to reply in a thread the typing is very choppy and tends to freeze up. It's very frustrating. It also seems to kill my battery when on the site and makes my device heat up very quickly.

Normally I use Safari but I've tested with Chrome as well as Firefox with the same result.

It's an issue that multiple people are having as I recall a thread on the Raptors board on this issue back a couple months ago.

Is there a resolve for this in sight?
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,608

Post#355 » by Howard Mass » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 am

Let me see if I can answer these.

GREY 1769: Unfortunately, it happens. The system can only save so many and they get purged after a while.

ciueli: Is it still doing this?

Pablo Novi: See my response for Grey above. Are you still having trouble signing in?

Pablo Novi: The General Off-Topic Forum is probably the best place to open that discussion. The place can be rowdy but they are getting better.

JoeypopsNY: You have an Avatar. Are you still having trouble?

Knrstz: We have made some changes recently. Are you still having trouble?

Writebloc: You seem to have an Avatar. Are you still having trouble?

dacrusha: We recently made some changes. Are you still having trouble?

ciueli: Please let us know if the issues persists.

Hello Brooklyn: I believe I did fix this. Are you good to go now?

stro: We recently made some changes. Are you still having trouble?

Please let me know on all of these.

Thanks!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#356 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:52 am

Mobile app not working since I updated my iPhone to 10.3.3. Downloaded the new-look version of the App, that doesn't work either. There's a "home" listing and a "subforum" listing (which I cannot open, it just loads endlessly blank) and I don't even know what I'm looking at with new app. Can't do anything with it, doesn't seem to be working properly.
Thanks.
jeffhardyfan52
General Manager
And1: 596

Post#357 » by jeffhardyfan52 » Fri Aug 4, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm getting a appust be updated by developers when I try to use the app on iPhone 7.im on iOS 10.3.3
He’s not (my-vydas), he’s not (your-vydas), he’s Arvydas

trancemeister
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#358 » by trancemeister » Sat Aug 5, 2017 12:57 pm

With the most recent app update, is it no longer possible to 'sticky' entire sub forums? I can sticky individual threads but do not see an option to sticky an entire sub forum. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
NASE
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#359 » by NASE » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:58 pm

How come I can't send PMs?
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,726

Post#360 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 am

What's up with the search function? For the last couple of days I've been getting this message every time I try to search a forum:

Sorry, search could not be performed. More information about this failure has been logged in the error log.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions