Ryan Leaf

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Ryan Leaf 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 24, 2017 2:54 am

ESPN recently aired an E:60 documentary on Ryan Leaf & I gotta say it's a definite watch for anyone who's interested.

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-chargers/post/_/id/20471/while-in-prison-ex-chargers-qb-ryan-leaf-found-a-purpose
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Re: Ryan Leaf 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed May 24, 2017 11:48 am

I watched it last Sunday morning. They've shown bits and pieces of it over the last couple of months as well as an interview between Bob Ley & Leaf on OTL. It was a terrific piece. A real life example of how far it is to the bottom when you think you know it all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Post#3 » by Revived » Thu May 25, 2017 3:17 am

Amazing how him and Peyton were selected one pick apart.

How the Bolts history could have changed with Peyton instead...
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#4 » by bleu » Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 am

I haven't watched this yet, though I want to. But Leaf wrote an incredible article for The Players Tribune a little while ago and it was heartbreaking. He wrote it as somewhat of a letter to himself going over all of the mistakes he made and what he would change. Really tough story, but it gives an NFL perspective rarely seen by the public.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Thu May 25, 2017 6:11 am

bleu wrote:I haven't watched this yet, though I want to. But Leaf wrote an incredible article for The Players Tribune a little while ago and it was heartbreaking. He wrote it as somewhat of a letter to himself going over all of the mistakes he made and what he would change. Really tough story, but it gives an NFL perspective rarely seen by the public.

I watched it last night & actually got emotional about it lol. You can't help but be happy for the guy. He seems to have completely turned his life around for the good.

I can't imagine being 21 & having millions/fame just handed to me. I'm not sure I would have handled it much better to be honest. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu May 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:I haven't watched this yet, though I want to. But Leaf wrote an incredible article for The Players Tribune a little while ago and it was heartbreaking. He wrote it as somewhat of a letter to himself going over all of the mistakes he made and what he would change. Really tough story, but it gives an NFL perspective rarely seen by the public.

I watched it last night & actually got emotional about it lol. You can't help but be happy for the guy. He seems to have completely turned his life around for the good.

I can't imagine being 21 & having millions/fame just handed to me. I'm not sure I would have handled it much better to be honest. :wink:

He admits it. He was way too cocky even in HS... and college... and was in no way prepared for failure. Not much different than a lot of kids at that age.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

He admits it. He was way too cocky even in HS... and college... and was in no way prepared for failure. Not much different than a lot of kids at that age.

I didn't even know this was out there...will have to check it out. I remember he started his NFL career at 2-0 and I was really excited. It went downhill from there.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I watched it last night & actually got emotional about it lol. You can't help but be happy for the guy. He seems to have completely turned his life around for the good.

I didn't even know this was out there...will have to check it out. I remember he started his NFL career at 2-0 and I was really excited. It went downhill from there.

Hope you can find it somewhere in the ESPN archives. The E:60 stuff is becoming a must watch on Sunday mornings. The one this morning on perfect games in baseball was terrific.

Return to The General NFL Board