Frank Jackson

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Re: Frank Jackson 

Post#61 » by No-Man » Fri May 19, 2017 2:30 pm

i dont think been high on Frank, I'd probably have him in my top15, has anything to do with Diallo, what does Hami bring? he is a good athlete sure, nor particularly strong, can't shoot, can dribble, best bet is a defensive guy that can't guard much bigger players, his frame is kind of what it is.

i am not really sure he amounts anything honestly, I'd not take him probably, like at all.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#62 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:47 am

Jazz are taking him at 24. Everyone else, stay away.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#63 » by goober » Tue May 23, 2017 11:06 pm

How is he 39 on draft express??? I've had the opportunity to watch Frank play basketball since my freshman year of high school (he originally played for my high school then transferred to Lone Peak, he always torched my school after that). His athleticism and shooting skills are outstanding! That combination alone should make him at least a 1st rounder!!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#64 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 24, 2017 1:03 am

Goober wrote:How is he 39 on draft express??? I've had the opportunity to watch Frank play basketball since my freshman year of high school (he originally played for my high school then transferred to Lone Peak, he always torched my school after that). His athleticism and shooting skills are outstanding! That combination alone should make him at least a 1st rounder!!

I think the mocks are way off on him. Definitely wouldn't expect him to be there in the 2nd round. Even if never amounts to much of a PG he still looks like he's going to be a efficient scorer who can get to the rim and shoot.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,509

Post#65 » by LofJ » Wed May 24, 2017 2:08 am

yosemiteben wrote:I really want Frank Jackson on the Hornets, if they have a pick around 10-12 I could be down with him. Backup PG then plug him in combo guard style next to Kemba and Batum.

You were right back in March yosemite. If we can't trade back with Portland I'm perfectly fine with taking him at 11.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#66 » by Catchall » Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Frank Jackson was supposed to work out with the Jazz on Saturday. Woj is now reporting that he's having foot surgery. Seems like he should be a first-round pick.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#67 » by SFrush » Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Should have returned to Duke. He's headed to the second round.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#68 » by Marcus » Wed May 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Catchall wrote:Frank Jackson was supposed to work out with the Jazz on Saturday. Woj is now reporting that he's having foot surgery. Seems like he should be a first-round pick.

Utah should be ideal in so many ways not just for him but the organization as well. If they aren't going to pay George Hill to stick around between Frank and Dante they could figure that position out and go all in for Hayward to stay.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#69 » by goober » Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 pm

SFrush wrote:Should have returned to Duke. He's headed to the second round.

Not at all! No way even with his foot surgery the Jazz don't draft him at 24 imo, there's not a pick that doesn't make more sense for them, local product, a guy who can be an offball scorer (huge need for us) defensive potential, and potential to become our PGOTF (could be in competition with Exum, which i think would be good for both cause I think they could actually play together with Hayward on the team)

There are more teams in front of the Jazz who I know are heavily intruiged by Frank.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#70 » by GimmeDat » Thu May 25, 2017 1:44 am

Be interesting to see if the foot surgery effects where he goes at all. I agree, I think Utah's a good spot for him, especially if Hill's gone.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#71 » by Catchall » Thu May 25, 2017 2:00 am

The Jazz are going to try to bring in a veteran FA at PG. They just aren't keen to pay George Hill more than $20M.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#72 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:00 am

Think he's a second round pick. His speed is his most enticing trait and he has to have foot surgery? A bit scary to draft in the first round if it affects him.
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#73 » by Osirus89 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:34 am

Call me crazy, but I think the foot issue is a bit of a smokescreen. Not that he didn't need the surgery, but ... it's may. Draft workouts are just starting to ramp up and he elects to take himself out of the draft circuit? Hmm...

He admitted he didn't have pain during the year so it wasn't anything major. I don't think it will cost him much ground in the draft because I think he already has a wink-wink with a team.
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#74 » by goober » Thu May 25, 2017 6:25 am

doordoor123 wrote:Think he's a second round pick. His speed is his most enticing trait and he has to have foot surgery? A bit scary to draft in the first round if it affects him.

Speed? I disagree, his most enticing trait is his ability to score in multiple ways
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#75 » by goober » Thu May 25, 2017 6:29 am

Osirus89 wrote:Call me crazy, but I think the foot issue is a bit of a smokescreen. Not that he didn't need the surgery, but ... it's may. Draft workouts are just starting to ramp up and he elects to take himself out of the draft circuit? Hmm...

He admitted he didn't have pain during the year so it wasn't anything major. I don't think it will cost him much ground in the draft because I think he already has a wink-wink with a team.

The rumor mill in the circle of friends Frank has here, is that Frank has definitely received a wink wink from a team, but they conflict on which team, the team said the most is the Jazz however I've heard two other teams that are really interested, Milwaukee and here's the interesting one.... Charlotte!

How reliable that information is, who knows! But something is better than nothing, and that's all i can offer to the board! If i hear any updates I will make sure to post
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#76 » by doordoor123 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Goober wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:Think he's a second round pick. His speed is his most enticing trait and he has to have foot surgery? A bit scary to draft in the first round if it affects him.

Speed? I disagree, his most enticing trait is his ability to score in multiple ways

He can score because of his speed... That's how he beats defenders.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,597

Post#77 » by DaGawd » Thu May 25, 2017 1:59 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Goober wrote:

? He's not even all that fast.. He's got ok speed but he's a good spot up shooter who also has what i'd call sneaky athleticism
BaF
Washington Wizards
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#78 » by MotownMadness » Thu May 25, 2017 2:15 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Goober wrote:

He looks pretty quick to me. It's his 1st step though that's getting him to the rim like that.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,356

Post#79 » by CptCrunch » Thu May 25, 2017 3:10 pm

F. Jackson definitely got a promise somewhere. Discovered this minor stress fracture during the season. Didn't get surgery after Duke's season ended. Didn't get surgery after school ended. Wows a lot of people in scrimmages and puts up elite athletics numbers at the combines. Worked out for teams ???, then elects to get surgery now?

Not seeing any reports of his private team workout on twitter.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,123

Post#80 » by dolphinatik » Thu May 25, 2017 5:33 pm

He is going first round few pegged him add a sleeper and now it's catching on.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington

Return to NBA Draft