The Reuben Foster Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: The Reuben Foster Thread 

Post#21 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:46 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Moving way across the country is gonna be good for him, IMO.

I could see him hitting some issues regardless of the location he's in IMO. I rarely give questionable personalities the benefit of the doubt and can be wrong more often than many, though.

I have the same doubts as you, but I do like he's moving away from where he was raised, and I like that Bowman will be there every step of the way hopefully.

You never know. Not who I would've picked personally but the talent is off the charts and if it pans out we're going to be an outstanding front seven.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#22 » by Jikkle » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 pm

clyde21 wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Moving way across the country is gonna be good for him, IMO.

I could see him hitting some issues regardless of the location he's in IMO. I rarely give questionable personalities the benefit of the doubt and can be wrong more often than many, though.

I have the same doubts as you, but I do like he's moving away from where he was raised, and I like that Bowman will be there every step of the way hopefully.

You never know. Not who I would've picked personally but the talent is off the charts and if it pans out we're going to be an outstanding front seven.

I have doubts as well and I'm just hoping he's more Dez Byrant that will run into some minor issues from time to time to full blown Aldon Smith level of being a knucklehead.

You just never know as sometimes they'll take on advice that their teammates and the organization give them and they'll mature and a lot of times they just stay dumb and are always into trouble.

I tend to believe Lynch he seems like he's high on character wouldn't been this invested into him if he felt like there was some serious red flags to him in terms of character.
RedneckNiner
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#23 » by RedneckNiner » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:49 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:Foster is hilarious. His accent is thick.

The funny thing about different parts of the country... I barely notice the accent.. but I grew up in the south.. And did my Bachelors and Masters down south. So I hear these players from down there talk and it just sounds right. When I moved across the country to San Jose... the accent or lack there of always sounded funny to me until I got used to it.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#24 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu May 4, 2017 4:41 pm

Reuben Foster - LB - 49ers

In an interview with KNBR, 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said "our doctors felt good about" first-round ILB Reuben Foster's shoulder.

Seemingly nothing but negative opinions on Foster's shoulder have emerged since the draft, with Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reporting the linebacker was "medically rejected" by some teams and ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting some believe the shoulder could give out at any moment. The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero adds Foster suffered concussions in college and "his recovery time was a concern." "You never know who is going to end up being right," Shanahan said of the reports. "The worst-case scenario is he wouldn’t be able to play for us right away." Foster is unquestionably talented, but he also comes with medical and off-field questions marks. Trading up to pick him at the back-end of the first round was a high-risk, high-reward gamble.
Source: Eric Branch on Twitter

May 4 - 11:56 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#25 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu May 4, 2017 9:49 pm

The Miami Herald reports new 49ers ILB Reuben Foster had concussion issues at Alabama, and that his "recovery time was a concern."

Foster's shoulder issues are well documented, but his concussions didn't draw much attention during the pre-draft process. They weren't entirely unknown, and were believed to have happened "early" in his SEC career. What's clear is that Foster's injury history is long and concerning. He didn't fall to No. 31 in a vacuum.
Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

May 4 - 2:44 PM
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#26 » by I_am_1z » Thu May 4, 2017 10:19 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Reuben Foster - LB - 49ers

In an interview with KNBR, 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said "our doctors felt good about" first-round ILB Reuben Foster's shoulder.

Seemingly nothing but negative opinions on Foster's shoulder have emerged since the draft, with Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reporting the linebacker was "medically rejected" by some teams and ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting some believe the shoulder could give out at any moment. The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero adds Foster suffered concussions in college and "his recovery time was a concern." "You never know who is going to end up being right," Shanahan said of the reports. "The worst-case scenario is he wouldn’t be able to play for us right away." Foster is unquestionably talented, but he also comes with medical and off-field questions marks. Trading up to pick him at the back-end of the first round was a high-risk, high-reward gamble.

My favorite part about the draft is that it feels like a Trent Baalke draft, just without all the negativity
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#27 » by clyde21 » Fri May 5, 2017 2:00 am

I_am_1z wrote:

My favorite part about the draft is that it feels like a Trent Baalke draft, just without all the negativity

Really? I didn't notice all of the guys were drafted on ACL tears.

And Solomon Thomas is the farthest thing away from being a 'Baalke guy'.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#28 » by Jikkle » Fri May 5, 2017 5:07 pm

Unless the shoulder is career threatening I don't see the huge issue with it. It just seems people tend to obsess with what these guys will contribute now instead of thinking that you're selecting a player in Foster that you hope will be a 10 year player for you so even if you lose him in 2017 you'll still have plenty of years to go with him.

The biggest concern with Foster isn't the shoulder but if he's going to behave himself off the field and if because of the way he plays is he just going to be constantly missing games every season due to injuries.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#29 » by I_am_1z » Fri May 5, 2017 11:31 pm

clyde21 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Really? I didn't notice all of the guys were drafted on ACL tears.

And Solomon Thomas is the farthest thing away from being a 'Baalke guy'.

DE drafted in the 1st. Potential redshirt. Lack of intrigue at the WR position. Long, fast CB.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#30 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon May 29, 2017 5:28 pm

49ers first-round LB Reuben Foster (shoulder) is participating in individual drills during OTAs.

According to coach Kyle Shanahan, Foster is not participating in any drill where there is a "possibility of contact," but getting on the field at all is a good step following offseason shoulder surgery. GM John Lynch has said he expects Foster to be a "full-go" for training camp.
Source: ESPN

May 29 - 10:48 AM
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#31 » by CalamityX12 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Bring Foster in slowly but surely.... not looking for immediate impact, his long term success is what I'm excited for.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#32 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Jun 1, 2017 2:23 am

The 49ers are using first-round pick Reuben Foster at weak-side linebacker during OTAs.

Malcolm Smith is currently running with the first team ahead of Foster, but Foster should displace Smith quickly if he's fully healthy. The 49ers are preventing Foster from taking on any contact in drills like the sled due to fears over his balky shoulder. Foster is recovering from rotator cuff surgery, and it was reported at one point that the surgery "didn't take."
Source: Sacramento Bee

May 31 - 9:56 PM

Return to San Francisco 49ers