2016-17 English Premier League Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: 2016-17 English Premier League Discussion Thread 

Post#1921 » by HIF » Wed May 31, 2017 1:44 pm

and1GS wrote:Any of you lot want a Sissoko for about 20m?

You got that wrong, if you want rid it's Sissoko and £20m
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1922 » by HIF » Wed May 31, 2017 1:45 pm

Spens1 wrote:Wenger gets a 2 year contract.

I'm sorry but how, yes i know he won the F.A cup, but that doesn't mean a lot when you're going to be playing on thursday's. Its a club going backwards fast, with the toxicity around the emirates at the moment, i can't see them finishing top 4 either (also because Wenger never spends big money, probably another reason he got a contract).

Kroenke is a useless owner, every team he touches turns mediocre (St Louis/L.A Rams, Denver Nuggets etc).

Are they really going backwards any faster than United?
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1923 » by Spens1 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:30 pm

HIF wrote:

I'm sorry but how, yes i know he won the F.A cup, but that doesn't mean a lot when you're going to be playing on thursday's. Its a club going backwards fast, with the toxicity around the emirates at the moment, i can't see them finishing top 4 either (also because Wenger never spends big money, probably another reason he got a contract).

Kroenke is a useless owner, every team he touches turns mediocre (St Louis/L.A Rams, Denver Nuggets etc).

I'd say so

By no means where we good (in fact i'd say our premier league season was an abject failure) but our gamble of winning the europa paid off and more importantly, we're in the champions league, which is more than we can say for than this season.

Not to mention we're going to be spending a ton this summer to bring in some world class players or players who will fill in the holes this squad still has and probably clear out some deadwood players like Rooney (weird calling a club legend deadwood but he kind of is), Young etc.

Arsenal did what we did last season, and LVG got sacked for it (as he should have). Mind you they have a model that they could follow in theory (Arsenal are pretty good at europe relative to their domestic form) so maybe they may end up winning the Europa League and getting into the CL that way.

Not to mention they could be forced to sell Sanchez and Ozil. Also attracting players without CL is damn hard, we missed out on most of our targets because of it and had to pay overs to get some players to agree terms with us. Arsenal aren't going to spend like we did last summer, i can't see Kroenke opening up the purse to give Wenger that kind of money he needs to overhaul their squad (getting a world class striker that can get 20 goals a season in the premier league, new right winger upgrade over Walcott, another CM potentially, potentially a new left back etc).
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#1924 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 31, 2017 6:52 pm

No.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#1925 » by Cactus Jack » Wed May 31, 2017 6:53 pm

HIF wrote:

Ouch lol

United should be better if they land griezmann & others. They will at least spend. Arsenal? Yeah, I think they could be in trouble.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1926 » by Spens1 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:42 pm

No thanks to Sissokho, he was highly inconsistent at Newcastle and he flopped at Spurs. He may be better off going to Ligue 1 again.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1927 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 1, 2017 3:36 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

No.

20 quid and a bag of cheetos?

I'm just praying China wants him. Think he could still do a job at a lower table EPL side but he's not recouping us even 20 at this point.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#1928 » by britblazerdude » Mon Jun 5, 2017 7:28 pm

Cheikh Tiote has died :(
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,592

Post#1929 » by Baphomet » Mon Jun 5, 2017 11:42 pm

Very sad. R.I.P.

Hell of a competitor and never shied away from a tackle. I think his thunderous goal to level 4-4 against Arsenal will be remembered for a long time.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,893

Post#1930 » by BUCKnation » Tue Jun 6, 2017 12:44 am

So sad to hear. He was one of my favorite players when I first started following the PL.

Return to The General Soccer Board