ImageImageImage

Is Milos Teodosic worth pursuing?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,255

Is Milos Teodosic worth pursuing? 

Post#1 » by Beenie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 am

Sporting the evocative moniker "the best passer in the world", the Serbian PG is rumored to be headed stateside this upcoming season and the Miami Heat are amongst his possible off-season suiters. What are the Heat forum faithfuls thoughts on a possible union?
theClover
Junior
And1: 956

Re: Is Milos Teodosic worth pursuing? 

Post#2 » by theClover » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:30 am

If the Heat realy wants to get this guy, i think Dragic can help recruit him. But i wouldnt sign him with more than 5-6 mil/y.
Wildlinger
Sophomore
And1: 221

Post#3 » by Wildlinger » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:30 am

Teodosic is a much more skilled Udrih with a similar level of athleticism and conditioning. He'd be an ideal option off the bench and quite possibly the best reserve PG in the league. I agree with theClover tho. Heat shouldn't offer more than 5-6M per year. He'd be a great asset on something like 3 years for 18M with a partially guaranteed 3rd year.

But if Teodosic comes to Miami than somebody's definitely leaving and it looks like TJ might be the one. Otherwise there's just not enough minutes available in the backcourt with Teodosic, TJ, Dragic, JRich, McGruder and presumably Dion as well. Contract wise TJ is the only one who makes sense for a possible trade. Teodosic on a 6M contract is worth more than TJ on 19M contract. These rumors might mean that Pat is looking for a TJ alternative when his poison pill contract kicks in.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,027

Post#4 » by twix2500 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 am

I think the Heat are exploring depth options if they make a trade.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#5 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:57 am

Ive been reading that this guy is atrocious on D but has Rubio-like passing skillz, but if he comes in expensive then I rather have Uncle
:hug:
BaDaBo
Starter
And1: 7,401

Post#6 » by BaDaBo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:33 pm

His D is really really bad. In Europe his elite passing and good outside scoring make up for it most of the time. I don't think the same will be true in the NBA. IMO anything above 5-6mil is overpaying, util you can see how he fares against NBA guards.
leoshes
Veteran
And1: 5,437

Post#7 » by leoshes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 pm

I personally dont want him. I hate bad defenders.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#8 » by gom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:50 am

I am confident that if he comes, he will learn to defend. He can play either guard position. We would have a killer attack.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#9 » by contract » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am

BaDaBo wrote:His D is really really bad. In Europe his elite passing and good outside scoring make up for it most of the time. I don't think the same will be true in the NBA. IMO anything above 5-6mil is overpaying, util you can see how he fares against NBA guards.

I wouldn't pay him more than $4 million per.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#10 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Remember how good our offense was when Dragic was out with injury? Because I don't. A point guard's defensive deficiencies can be hidden on defense. I mean look at the Celtics and IT. Teodosic's worth the MLE.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#11 » by leoshes » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 pm

I love my PG's to be excelent ball hawks. Defenders that cause turnovers, that lead to easy buckets. The more pressure you put on the pass the more time that is killed off the clock, & the harder it is for them to get in their sets.

We already have our starting pg as a bad defender we dont need the back up to be the same. TJ is not a pg in my eyes but he can at least defend them. The same with JR.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:34 am

leoshes wrote:I love my PG's to be excelent ball hawks. Defenders that cause turnovers, that lead to easy buckets. The more pressure you put on the pass the more time that is killed off the clock, & the harder it is for them to get in their sets.

We already have our starting pg as a bad defender we dont need the back up to be the same. TJ is not a pg in my eyes but he can at least defend them. The same with JR.

Offense>Defense in today's NBA. Also, point guards do not have a large impact on defense. Patrick Beverley is one of the best defensive PGs in the league but Houston is still subpar defensively. You consider Dragic a "bad defender" but we're one of the best defensive teams in the league.
theClover
Junior
And1: 956

Post#13 » by theClover » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:15 am

Well we can forget about him. The guy demands 3/ 25-30 mil (take into account the Balkan pride and confidence)LOL . No way doable for the Heat, unless....
jereseja
Rookie
And1: 3,572

Post#14 » by jereseja » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Teodosić for 25-30 mil for 3 years is to much for me and i was first time watching him 14 years ago.
18-20 mil is my max.
Serbian media today writing about 12mil euros for 3 years offer from CSKA.This is neto and NBA is bruto. So he is 30 years,first married in couple of months and with first baby on away.No way he come to NBA for less money.12mil euros neto in CSKA is more than 20 mil bruto in NBA.
He is much better then Udrih or Rubio.All 3 are bad on diffence. I watch Teodosić play against young Rubio and was teaching hour for Rubio. Dragic father is from Serbia and Goran speaks fluid Serbian and visit Serbia allmost every summer.
If would i know that Spo will make Teo better deffender and more phisical player i give him 25-30 for 3 years but i dont think he can.
Hes injured every season in Europe so if he could play 60 games next season i dont know.
If you looking just from offensive side of court hes worth every dollar you pay for him like Steve Nash but all other stuff i am not putting money on him and i gamble allmost every day. But Pat is gambler to so we will see.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#15 » by RJM » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:46 pm

No. Next thread.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#16 » by leoshes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
leoshes wrote:I love my PG's to be excelent ball hawks. Defenders that cause turnovers, that lead to easy buckets. The more pressure you put on the pass the more time that is killed off the clock, & the harder it is for them to get in their sets.

Offense>Defense in today's NBA. Also, point guards do not have a large impact on defense. Patrick Beverley is one of the best defensive PGs in the league but Houston is still subpar defensively. You consider Dragic a "bad defender" but we're one of the best defensive teams in the league.

Sorry but defense always comes 1st. I dont know how old you are but Defense has always been 1st. If you dont believe me just ask Pat, or Spo. They will tell you that they value defense over offense. & defense on the point is one of the most impotant things a team could have. If we had a better point defender we would prbably be the best defensive teams in the league. Just look at who are the players that Spo plays.

So if you dont like defense then you dont like the Miami HEAT, cause this franchise is built on defense 1st.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:45 pm

leoshes wrote:
Spoiler:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Sorry but defense always comes 1st. I dont know how old you are but Defense has always been 1st. If you dont believe me just ask Pat, or Spo. They will tell you that they value defense over offense. & defense on the point is one of the most impotant things a team could have. If we had a better point defender we would prbably be the best defensive teams in the league. Just look at who are the players that Spo plays.

So if you dont like defense then you dont like the Miami HEAT, cause this franchise is built on defense 1st.

This is 2017 not 1997, you adapt or die and Pat and Spo agree with me. If we valued defense much more than offense then Richardson or TJ would be starting over Dragic. Tony Parker is one of the WORST defenders in the league yet the Spurs are #1 defensively. A PG just doesn't doesn't have the same impact a big man does on defense. PGs don't block shots and are much harder to defend. Did you see how easily Irving scored against Golden State's defense? I value defense too but at the PG position a team should be valuing offense vs defense. Don't care how good a PG is defensively, Lillard is still going to score an efficient 20+ on a team without good defensive big men.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#18 » by leoshes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Spoiler:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

This is 2017 not 1997, you adapt or die and Pat and Spo agree with me. If we valued defense much more than offense then Richardson or TJ would be starting over Dragic. Tony Parker is one of the WORST defenders in the league yet the Spurs are #1 defensively. A PG just doesn't doesn't have the same impact a big man does on defense. PGs don't block shots and are much harder to defend. Did you see how easily Irving scored against Golden State's defense? I value defense too but at the PG position a team should be valuing offense vs defense. Don't care how good a PG is defensively, Lillard is still going to score an efficient 20+ on a team without good defensive big men.

IF you dont defend its going to be a layup line. Dragic starts cause he is the 2nd best player we have :-? , + he is tall, & athletic enough to defend some pg/sg. If Spo cared more about offense then defense you would see Babbit finish games, but no he is taken out for the defensive JJ. Does Spo at least us him at SF? No he rather have the defensive minded McGuder instead.

You have the right to think what you want but thats not how Pat, & Spo think.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:22 am

leoshes wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Spoiler:

IF you dont defend its going to be a layup line. Dragic starts cause he is the 2nd best player we have :-? , + he is tall, & athletic enough to defend some pg/sg. If Spo cared more about offense then defense you would see Babbit finish games, but no he is taken out for the defensive JJ. Does Spo at least us him at SF? No he rather have the defensive minded McGuder instead.

Layup line? You're forgetting about the other 2 layers of defense. JJ is a better defensive AND offensive player than Babbitt so of course he finishes games over Babbitt. What team says "We need a defensive minded PG"? By the way we played Ellington 20+ minutes so...

I already explained to you how a PG's defense has very little impact on a game compared to their offense but okay. The best offensive team would beat the best defensive team. All I have left to say.
leoshes
Veteran

Post#20 » by leoshes » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:29 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
leoshes wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Layup line? You're forgetting about the other 2 layers of defense. JJ is a better defensive AND offensive player than Babbitt so of course he finishes games over Babbitt. What team says "We need a defensive minded PG"? By the way we played Ellington 20+ minutes so...

I already explained to you how a PG's defense has very little impact on a game compared to their offense but okay. The best offensive team would beat the best defensive team. All I have left to say.

I cant disagree more. :crazy: Defending the ball is the most important part of your defense. Having a weakside defender is
secendary. I see that no mater what i say you will still rather see offense as more important. But at least i know that Pat, & Spo dont feel the way you do.

1st thing they learn in training camp is defensive sceams, not offensive plays. So that right there tells me what i need to know. Spo, & Pat preach defense 1st, & even if thats not pretty enough for you it is what wins games.

Return to Miami Heat