[2017 NBA Draft Discussion] - (1: PHI, 2: LAL, 3: BOS)!

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Re: RE: Re: [2017 NBA Draft Discussion] - (1: BOS, 2: LAL, 3: PHI)! 

Post#1801 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Cornbread wrote:
Slava wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:I don't see either of them being able to play the 2 in the long run. It would be an interesting scenario to keep track of if they pick him.

Ingram will be a PF as soon as he adds some bulk and Jackson is a SF.

I don't see Ingram, with that frame, ever adding enough bulk to be a PF.

Yea, unless he hits the gear I expect him to have a Tayshaun Prince type body throughout his career. He better get on that Anthony Davis supplements quick. :)
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
MagicMamba88
Senior
And1: 1,246

Re: [2017 NBA Draft Discussion] - (1: BOS, 2: LAL, 3: PHI)! 

Post#1802 » by MagicMamba88 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,518

Post#1803 » by ajones9219 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:39 pm

nevetslc wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Gross lol
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,327

Post#1804 » by DK-All Day » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:35 pm

nevetslc wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Only time Fultz will wear Laker gear.
Handsome.
OleSchool
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,344

Post#1805 » by OleSchool » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 pm

Fultz got this look like "why am I here" :lol:
NYSixersFan wrote:quite simply, If I were GM, We would have a good young playoff team right now; with cap flexibility going forward

NYSixersFan wrote:I'D BE more then happy to debate you or anyone else on specifics

NYSixersFan wrote:How can I give you specifics? I'm not talking to other GM's
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1806 » by cdubbz » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:10 am

Celtics have got to take Lonzo Ball #1 and hold him ransom.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Trippinskarlo
Rookie
And1: 1,326

Post#1807 » by Trippinskarlo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:19 am

nevetslc wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I feel violated
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1808 » by taj2133 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 am

Josh Jackson has yet to workout for the Boston Celtics, but the possibility of him going to them at No. 1 has gained momentum. Markelle Fultz has widely been considered the probable first overall pick for several months. – via insider.espn.com
Draft, Josh Jackson, Markelle Fultz, Boston Celtics
Storyline: No. 1 pick
“I’ve picked Danny’s brain for years,” one GM said. “Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he’s keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I’m convinced they’ll take Jackson No. 1.” – via insider.espn.com
Danny Ainge, Draft, Josh Jackson, Boston Celtics
“We like him a lot,” the Celtics source said about Jackson. “But we like several guys a lot. We’ve got a week to figure it out.” – via insider.espn.com
http://hoopshype.com/rumors/
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1809 » by taj2133 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:21 am

Ball will work out for the Lakers a second time on Friday at an undisclosed location in Los Angles county. He is hopeful the Lakers will give him some indication whether he’s “separated himself” throughout the draft process. Ball continues to have no plans to speak with or workout for the Boston Celtics, who hold the No. 1 pick. After Friday’s workout he will consider talking to other lottery teams who have asked to speak with him, according to the source. – via ESPN
Draft, Lonzo Ball, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers
Storyline: Draft Workouts
While Lonzo Ball has worked out only for the Los Angeles Lakers, the former UCLA Bruins star is considering talking to teams who have lottery picks below the Lakers, a source close to Ball told ESPN. – via ESPN
Draft, Lonzo Ball, Los Angeles Lakers
Ramona Shelburne: One note on Lonzo Ball’s workout for Lakers tomorrow — LaVar will be there as he’s part of Lonzo’s training team. – via Twitter ramonashelburne
Draft, LaVar Ball, Lonzo Ball, Los Angeles Lakers
benef
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#1810 » by benef » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:40 am

Should De'aaron Fox be taken over Lonzo Ball? I think he must at least be in serious consideration.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,864

Post#1811 » by Goudelock » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:53 am

taj2133 wrote:Josh Jackson has yet to workout for the Boston Celtics, but the possibility of him going to them at No. 1 has gained momentum. Markelle Fultz has widely been considered the probable first overall pick for several months. – via insider.espn.com
Draft, Josh Jackson, Markelle Fultz, Boston Celtics
Storyline: No. 1 pick
“I’ve picked Danny’s brain for years,” one GM said. “Jackson is an Ainge player all the way. Tough, athletic, long, versatile, elite motor. If he’s keeping the pick, Jackson just to me, far and away, is the most Celtics-type player for them to draft. From all my conversations with them, I’m convinced they’ll take Jackson No. 1.” – via insider.espn.com
Danny Ainge, Draft, Josh Jackson, Boston Celtics
“We like him a lot,” the Celtics source said about Jackson. “But we like several guys a lot. We’ve got a week to figure it out.” – via insider.espn.com

Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,001

Post#1812 » by raptor jesus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:13 am

OleSchool wrote:Fultz got this look like "why am I here" :lol:

Kinda the way he always looks. He's got some tantalizing ability, but there's a "casualness" to him on the court that's rather concerning imo. I wouldn't blame the Celtics for taking a more fiery player like Jackson instead.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,336

Post#1813 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:10 am

He always has the same look
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#1814 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:28 am

raptor jesus wrote:

Kinda the way he always looks. He's got some tantalizing ability, but there's a "casualness" to him on the court that's rather concerning imo. I wouldn't blame the Celtics for taking a more fiery player like Jackson instead.

You really can't factor how a person's demeanor is like to evaluate their talents, well perhaps some do, but they really shouldn't.

Derrick Rose was infamous of showing absolutely no emotions the majority of the time, and at one point he was one of the best players in the league. T-Mac used to have relaxed, don't give a f*** type of demeanor either, until he'd explode past you and dunk all over your grill.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#1815 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:29 am

76ciology wrote:

He always has the same look

Why so serious?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,336

Post#1816 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 am

raptor jesus wrote:

His motor scares me in a bad way. The motor issue might have lead him to settle on a lot of jumpers and taking some plays off on D.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
raptor jesus
RealGM

Post#1817 » by raptor jesus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:22 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

You really can't factor how a person's demeanor is like to evaluate their talents, well perhaps some do, but they really shouldn't.

Derrick Rose was infamous of showing absolutely no emotions the majority of the time, and at one point he was one of the best players in the league. T-Mac used to have relaxed, don't give a f*** type of demeanor either, until he'd explode past you and dunk all over your grill.

I meant that his casualness spills over to his play on the court, affecting his motor. Rose was different, he was constantly in attack mode - Fultz seems to loaf around quite a bit, like he can't be bothered to go at full speed.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,327

Post#1818 » by DK-All Day » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:11 pm

raptor jesus wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

I meant that his casualness spills over to his play on the court, affecting his motor. Rose was different, he was constantly in attack mode - Fultz seems to loaf around quite a bit, like he can't be bothered to go at full speed.

That tends to happen when millions of dollars depend on you staying healthy while performing like a #1 pick.

He was comfortably the best player in CBB while coasting. That is quite scary when basketball becomes his full job and he's getting paid to do it.
Handsome.
J_LA
Junior
And1: 289

Post#1819 » by J_LA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:31 pm

John Murdoch wrote:Jackson is intruiging as almost Jimmy Butler light next to Ingram but i dont want Dangelo as the lead guard of the future here..too passive and he swears he is like a top 20 player by the way he acts lol no thanks

So you don't want D'Angelo as the lead guard because he's "too passive" and really confident.

Someone offer this guy a general manager position right away!!!
raptor jesus
RealGM

Post#1820 » by raptor jesus » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:01 pm

DK-All Day wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

That tends to happen when millions of dollars depend on you staying healthy while performing like a #1 pick.

He was comfortably the best player in CBB while coasting. That is quite scary when basketball becomes his full job and he's getting paid to do it.

Wow, that's quite an excuse. But it was an issue before he was slotted as #1.

From a scout(s):
“I’d take him number one. His main weakness is defense, but he has some ability to play defense when there’s something at stake. He needs to be around a winning culture to get the best out of him. The most complete player in the draft. I don’t like that he cruises sometimes. He’s almost like Daryl Strawberry. Is he loafing or is he just that smooth? I don’t know that winning has ever been important to him. I’ve talked to friends who recruited him, and they said even when they watched him in open gyms or playing AAU, his team hardly ever won. That scares the crap out of me.”

https://sethsdrafthouse.com/finch-returns-to-dish-on-nba-prospects-fa57b7c494ef

For the record, I'd probably take him #1 as well - but I'd be wary at the same time.

Return to The General Board