ImageImageImage

Is Milos Teodosic worth pursuing?

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

LordRiley
Sixth Man
And1: 6,515

Re: Is Milos Teodosic worth pursuing? 

Post#21 » by LordRiley » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:47 am

For 3 years 9 mil for sure. Nothing more, nothing less.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#22 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:57 pm

As an European I watch quite a few Teodosic games. You guys are pretty much spot on about his bad defense, good outside shooting and excellent passing. I just want to add that excellent passing is an understatement; dude would be the best backup PG by a wide margin.

That being said, we sunk a ton of money into our backcourt as it is and I don't think he's coming over for 5 mil per or less. I'd rather we reinforce our frontline.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#23 » by Dr_Heat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:32 pm

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#24 » by Mos_Heat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm

Phuck CSKA, tho. Hate this chitty organisation
:reporter:
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#25 » by Popovich » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Teodosic : "Currently I'm meditating"

If he arrives you will love or hate this dude, there is no middle because he is so edgy. I have been following Teo since his years in FMP("fabric of talents")
I agree with everyone criticizing his D and those weakness could only be exposed more in NBA specially if they push ISO play on him.
No one will cover his ass like they do over here in Europe. To be fair he is capable of playing some team defense with lot of switches and help but tell me which team in NBA plays such a D? You can say his defense is to correct not to say soft but when he plays like that he is expecting fair treatment from the refs in the context "look ref I'm not holding him and on the other side he is all over me" (he likes to chat with refs a lot), Some rules on offence would not suit him well like that Charles Barkley ass to the basket for more than 5 seconds or it is 3 IDK. But let's go back to D , he is very smart in both using the clock and personal/team fouls , sometimes in order to stop sure points on a fast-brake, they practice that more that in FIBA than in NBA, so those tactical fouls should be done more quickly over seas and he should be aware not to commit flagrant as hard fouls are still pretty much legit in Europe as long they are not as they say in a wrong term here "intentional" (kinda stupid 'cause every tactical foul to stop the clock or fast-break is with intention) Not to mix apples and oranges..there is a one more type of fault , it is called unsportsmanlike or un-sportsmanship behavior, which is equivalent of a NBA's flagrant foul (please correct me if I'm wrong) Furthermore if you remember how Peja Stojakovic was known at certain period of his carer one the fairest players in the league or was that particular season IDK. Teo is also very fair only his PF's came on right moment. He likes clean basketball and that is it, but don't be fulled he will use all legit means that refs are still allowing. He is also with a kinda attitude, you can score on me but I will score more, or if my teams wins I don't really care. He is is slow(in a movement, specialty side steps) that is the truth, he does not even look like a basketball player in some way. Yet he is able to read other teams plays more than others so now or than he would direct opposite team to commit turnover or bad shot or rarely if rival team is to obvious in their intention he can come up with some rare steal.

But when it comes to offence he is not selfish of course as he is point-gourd but sometimes he is known for over gunning , simply he needs to find a rhythm as soon as possible. Some say he is a clutch player but I don't agree except that he is no afraid to take the responsibility. Yes his basketball IQ is very high , he is constantly in a quest to find a mismatch and a weak spot of opponents team. Other than that doubling him on P&R in order to trap him usually results in open 3 or a lay up. In my opinion he is not a great ball handler although he is crafty, barely he can pass by anyone in one on one situations and when under full court pressure sometimes he struggles a lot. But that only shows how much teams are afraid of him bringing the ball. His vision is unique and some of the sorts of passes that he regularly produces in a game are yet to be seen in NBA. NBA court could specially help him to deliver those surgeon precise passes right into the middle of the paint because he will be able to use more space in NBA court but on the other side he will be watched by NBA guards so who knows. Overall he is exiting player and even if he ends up like some previous EL stars who got lost in NBA circus, at least he is truly fun to watch in my opinion.
Add and reduce everything which is hard to do here because he IS kind a special case, he in not worth more than 5 mils IMO, but I would be happy to see that NBA experiment unravel.
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by Popovich » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:47 pm

Popovich wrote:Teodosic : "Currently I'm meditating"

If he arrives you will love or hate this dude, there is no middle because he is so edgy. I have been following Teo since his years in FMP("fabric of talents")
I agree with everyone criticizing his D and those weakness could only be exposed more in NBA specially if they push ISO play on him.
No one will cover his ass like they do over here in Europe. To be fair he is capable of playing some team defense with lot of switches and help but tell me which team in NBA plays such a D? You can say his defense is too correct not to say soft but when he plays like that he is expecting fair treatment from the refs in the context "look ref I'm not holding him and on the other side he is all over me" (he likes to chat with refs a lot), Some rules on offence would not suit him well like that Charles Barkley ass to the basket for more than 5 seconds or it is 3 IDK. But let's go back to D , he is very smart in both using the clock and personal/team fouls , sometimes in order to stop sure points on a fast-brake, they practice that more in FIBA than in NBA, so those tactical fouls should be done more quickly over seas and he should be aware not to commit flagrant as hard fouls are still pretty much legit in Europe as long they are not as they say in a wrong term here "intentional" (kinda stupid 'cause every tactical foul to stop the clock or fast-break is with intention) Not to mix apples and oranges..there is a one more type of fault , it is called unsportsmanlike or un-sportsmanship behavior, which is equivalent of a NBA's flagrant foul (please correct me if I'm wrong) Furthermore if you remember how Peja Stojakovic was known at certain period of his carer one the fairest players in the league or was that particular season IDK. Teo is also very fair only his PF's come on right moment. He likes clean basketball and that is it, but don't be fulled he will use all legit means that refs are still allowing. He is also with a kinda attitude, you can score on me but I will score more, or if my teams wins I don't really care. He is is slow(in a movement, specialty side steps) that is the truth, he does not even look like a basketball player in some way. Yet he is able to read other teams plays more than others so now or than he would direct opposite team to commit turnover or bad shot or rarely if rival team is to obvious in their intention he can come up with some rare steal.

But when it comes to offence he is not selfish of course as he is point-gourd but sometimes he is known for over gunning , simply he needs to find a rhythm as soon as possible. Some say he is a clutch player but I don't agree except that he is no afraid to take the responsibility. Yes his basketball IQ is very high , he is constantly in a quest to find a mismatch and a weak spot of opponents team. Other than that doubling him on P&R in order to trap him usually results in open 3 or a lay up. In my opinion he is not a great ball handler although he is crafty, barely he can pass by anyone in one on one situations and when under full court pressure sometimes he struggles a lot. But that only shows how much teams are afraid of him bringing the ball. His vision is unique and some of the sorts of passes that he regularly produces in a game are yet to be seen in NBA. NBA court could specially help him to deliver those surgeon precise passes right into the middle of the paint because he will be able to use more space on the NBA court but on the other side he will be watched by NBA guards so who knows. Overall he is exiting player and even if he ends up like some previous EL stars who got lost in NBA circus, at least he is truly fun to watch in my opinion.
Add and reduce everything which is hard to do here because he IS kind a special case, he in not worth more than 5 mils IMO, but I would be happy to see that NBA experiment finally unravels.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,784

Post#27 » by Mos_Heat » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Popovich wrote:Teodosic : "Currently I'm meditating"

No one will cover his ass like they do over here in Europe. To be fair he is capable of playing some team defense with lot of switches and help but tell me which team in NBA plays such a D? You can say his defense is to correct not to say soft but when he plays like that he is expecting fair treatment from the refs in the context "look ref I'm not holding him and on the other side he is all over me" (he likes to chat with refs a lot), Some rules on offence would not suit him well like that Charles Barkley ass to the basket for more than 5 seconds or it is 3 IDK. But let's go back to D , he is very smart in both using the clock and personal/team fouls , sometimes in order to stop sure points on a fast-brake, they practice that more that in FIBA than in NBA, so those tactical fouls should be done more quickly over seas and he should be aware not to commit flagrant as hard fouls are still pretty much legit in Europe as long they are not as they say in a wrong term here "intentional" (kinda stupid 'cause every tactical foul to stop the clock or fast-break is with intention) Not to mix apples and oranges..there is a one more type of fault , it is called unsportsmanlike or un-sportsmanship behavior, which is equivalent of a NBA's flagrant foul (please correct me if I'm wrong) Furthermore if you remember how Peja Stojakovic was known at certain period of his carer one the fairest players in the league or was that particular season IDK. Teo is also very fair only his PF's came on right moment. He likes clean basketball and that is it, but don't be fulled he will use all legit means that refs are still allowing. He is also with a kinda attitude, you can score on me but I will score more, or if my teams wins I don't really care. He is is slow(in a movement, specialty side steps) that is the truth, he does not even look like a basketball player in some way. Yet he is able to read other teams plays more than others so now or than he would direct opposite team to commit turnover or bad shot or rarely if rival team is to obvious in their intention he can come up with some rare steal.

But when it comes to offence he is not selfish of course as he is point-gourd but sometimes he is known for over gunning , simply he needs to find a rhythm as soon as possible. Some say he is a clutch player but I don't agree except that he is no afraid to take the responsibility. Yes his basketball IQ is very high , he is constantly in a quest to find a mismatch and a weak spot of opponents team. Other than that doubling him on P&R in order to trap him usually results in open 3 or a lay up. In my opinion he is not a great ball handler although he is crafty, barely he can pass by anyone in one on one situations and when under full court pressure sometimes he struggles a lot. But that only shows how much teams are afraid of him bringing the ball. His vision is unique and some of the sorts of passes that he regularly produces in a game are yet to be seen in NBA. NBA court could specially help him to deliver those surgeon precise passes right into the middle of the paint because he will be able to use more space in NBA court but on the other side he will be watched by NBA guards so who knows. Overall he is exiting player and even if he ends up like some previous EL stars who got lost in NBA circus, at least he is truly fun to watch in my opinion.
Add and reduce everything which is hard to do here because he IS kind a special case, he in not worth more than 5 mils IMO, but I would be happy to see that NBA experiment unravel.

I've never heard about it. Most CSKA fans call him "first 3 quaters guy"
:reporter:
Popovich
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by Popovich » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:01 am

What's this with editing, always new post comes up when I correct some mistake, than I should delete it and now when you did quoted it i cant do it any more. MODS please remove unnecessary copies of my post
jereseja
Rookie
And1: 3,572

Post#29 » by jereseja » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:46 pm

CSKA offer 5 years 30 mil EUR so forget about it.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,465

Post#30 » by Mirotic12 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 pm

All salaries in European basketball are reported only in net income amount. They only report and list a salary after all taxes and agent fees are deducted. That is the case across all leagues and how every salary ever listed is reported and counted.

CSKA is now said to be offering him €30 million euros net income.

Earlier, eurohoops.net already reported how a salary of €12 million euros net income in Europe equals, a salary of $25 million dollars gross in the NBA.

So then take the €12 million euros net = $25 million dollars gross, and apply it to the €30 million euros net and you get,

$62.5 million dollars gross. (NBA salaries are always listed in gross income).

And there really would be nothing surprising about that. CSKA probably has a top 3 richest ownership of any sports club in the world, maybe even the richest. They could offer whatever they wanted to any player.

Right here is where it explains how €12 million euros net in European salary equals $25 million gross in NBA salary (since European salaries are always listed only in net income)....

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/464161/cska-moscow-offers-12-millions-three-years-teodosic/

CSKA Moscow offers 12 millions for three years to Teodosic

A total of 12 million euros for the next three seasons are on the table for the Serbian guard. With an annual salary of four million euros.

Those are net amounts, since it’s common practice in many parts of Europe that the taxes are being paid by the clubs.

Teodosic is also considering to give NBA a try, however in order for this move to make sense, financially, after the offer he got from CSKA, he should get a three-year deal which will pay him at least 25 million US dollars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US media really needs to finally make it clear in the USA that the contracts in Europe are only listed by the net income amount. It should be basic knowledge for NBA fans by now.

Anyway, basically CSKA is offering him what is like a $62.5 million NBA contract.
jereseja
Rookie
And1: 3,572

Post#31 » by jereseja » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:All salaries in European basketball are reported only in net income amount. They only report and list a salary after all taxes and agent fees are deducted. That is the case across all leagues and how every salary ever listed is reported and counted.

CSKA is now said to be offering him €30 million euros net income.

Earlier, eurohoops.net already reported how a salary of €12 million euros net income in Europe equals, a salary of $25 million dollars gross in the NBA.

So then take the €12 million euros net = $25 million dollars gross, and apply it to the €30 million euros net and you get,

$62.5 million dollars gross. (NBA salaries are always listed in gross income).

And there really would be nothing surprising about that. CSKA probably has a top 3 richest ownership of any sports club in the world, maybe even the richest. They could offer whatever they wanted to any player.

Right here is where it explains how €12 million euros net in European salary equals $25 million gross in NBA salary (since European salaries are always listed only in net income)....

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/464161/cska-moscow-offers-12-millions-three-years-teodosic/

CSKA Moscow offers 12 millions for three years to Teodosic

A total of 12 million euros for the next three seasons are on the table for the Serbian guard. With an annual salary of four million euros.

Those are net amounts, since it’s common practice in many parts of Europe that the taxes are being paid by the clubs.

Teodosic is also considering to give NBA a try, however in order for this move to make sense, financially, after the offer he got from CSKA, he should get a three-year deal which will pay him at least 25 million US dollars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US media really needs to finally make it clear in the USA that the contracts in Europe are only listed by the net income amount. It should be basic knowledge for NBA fans by now.

Anyway, basically CSKA is offering him what is like a $62.5 million NBA contract.

Yes they offer him 30 mil EUR for 5 years neto. 6mil a year.Shved had last year 3.4 mil and was best pay in Europe.
30mil EUR neto is 33 and something in $ and is 66mil $ bruto for 5 years.
After season end they offer him 12 for 3 years.So with first child and marriage on the way hes not coming.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#32 » by SlowPaced » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Teodosic is a great talent offensively, amazing passer and decent-to-good shooter. Terrible defender though, he already gets exposed in Europe, will be even worse in the NBA.

I think he's better off going to a team that plays fast paced, open court basketball. We pushed the ball more this season but still rank in the lower third of the league in terms of pace.

Also I think Teodosic wants a starting job, or at least a team where can challenge for the job.

Return to Miami Heat