Objectivity in the NBA Trade & Transactions Forum

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Objectivity in the NBA Trade & Transactions Forum 

Post#1 » by Resistance » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Over time, there have been discussions and polls in the T&T that have determined "values" for both good and bad contracts. So the forum regulars tend to have a fairly decent grasp of what makes sense and what doesn't make sense for a trade proposal.

Some fanbases will overwhelm the T&T Forum with trade ideas that are tilted in favor of the
teams that they support. The partisans aren't overly interested in learning the valuations that the T&T regulars have already determined and that can lead to conflict.

Sometimes the regulars get irritated - aggravated enough with the biased trade ideas and push back against the partisans. Moderators eventually will step in and warn about trolling - attacking
a fanbase. The Moderators aren't empowered enough to force the partisans to learn the already determined valuations before posting in the T&T forum which appears to be the root cause of the problems.

Is it possible that a second Trades & Transaction Forum can be created with higher expectations from participants? Those that can participate with a fair amount of objectivity would be welcomed while the partisans with biased trade ideas would be blocked from posting quite quickly.

If the creation of a second T&T forum isn't possible, then please post a notice in all NBA team forums that the partisan behavior allowed in the team specific forums isn't welcome in the T&T forum that has a goal of objectivity.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,327

Re: Objectivity in the NBA Trade & Transactions Forum 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Just wanted to thank Resistance for his input both here and in a series of PM's he has sent me in relation to this.

Obviously on the Trade Board, us Moderators do want an elevated discussion level not brought down by a heavy partisan approach. At the same time we recognize the importance of allowing every poster who wishes to participate in discussions the opportunity provided they "play nice". It is a difficult balancing act and I hate hearing that good posters get frustrated by the level of discourse that too often frequents the board.

I welcome others input on this topic as I personally feel that the Trades & Transaction board is the most "RealGM" of all the forums here. It's discussing the very topics this site was founded to address. I'd love to see it become the signature forum of the site where NBA fans from every team can come and do some amateur GMing. And where they can feel like they can get objective feedback and constructive replies to their ideas.

Chuck
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,607

Post#3 » by Howard Mass » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Thank you for that reply TC.

Resistance: Do you have any further questions?
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#4 » by Resistance » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 am

It appears that there is no interest in either creating a Trade & Transactions Forum with higher expectations for participants or posting a notice in each team specific forum that expectations are going to be raised in the current Trade and Transactions Forum.

Have a good day and thank you for your time.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,474

Post#5 » by Duffman100 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:47 pm

What if instead of a different board, posters had to have enough posts to gain the ability to post a trade? Not even sure if that's possible.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,607

Post#6 » by Howard Mass » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:22 am

If we did the number of posts thing, some Users might post to post and that might not be a good thing.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions