Things you're most excited to watch next season

Moderator: bwgood77

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Things you're most excited to watch next season 

Post#1 » by bleu » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:05 am

It's still a ways out, but I've been getting really excited for this upcoming NFL season lately. What are the storylines/players/teams/etc. that you are most excited to watch this upcoming season?

For me:

The AFC West - To me, this was by far the most entertaining division last year and I feel like it will be this year as well. I've never cared for the Raiders, but I LOVE Derek Carr, and the addition of Beast Mode should make them a very fun team to watch. The Chiefs are my favorite AFC team and I seem them as a well-oiled machine that should continue this year. The Broncos, as much as I hate them, are always good and I enjoy watching them to cheer against them. And the Chargers were probably the most underrated team in the NFL last season.

Can Tommy B keep it rolling? - By all reason and logic, Tom Brady should be at a point of his career where he starts to dip. But that's what everyone said last year and he had one of his greatest seasons yet. I personally think he's got a couple more years in him and that he will have another phenomenal season, but if he does start to regress it opens up the door for the rest of the AFC.

The Panthers offense - Okay, I guess I'm a homer. But I couldn't be more excited to see this offense in action this season. Cam is always fun to watch, JStew and the addition of McCaffery in the backfield, a healthy Kelvin Benjamin, Funchess with a larger role, and now Curtis Samuel at WR. And of course, my favorite player in the league, Greg Olsen. The Panthers D has carried the team for a few years, I think they'll have an offense to match it this year.

Who can get out of the cellar? - Call me crazy, but I love watching the bottom feeders in the league. It's fun to cheer for an underdog and see a team go from garbage to a contender. This season I think a few teams like the Jags, Bears, and even the Browns could see a lot of improvement. Not to the level of a playoff contender or anything crazy like that, but to be at least semi-respectable.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Re: Things you're most excited to watch next season 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:36 am

1. Beast Mode & the Raiders saga
2. Eddie Lacy impact 8-)
3. Seeing Romo & Cutler calling games
3. Watching Dallas crash n' burn :winkgrin:

The NFL offseason is too damn long. Training camp should start a month earlier if you ask me. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:1. Beast Mode & the Raiders saga
2. Eddie Lacy impact 8-)

The NFL offseason is too damn long. Training camp should start a month earlier if you ask me. :wink:

Why do you hate America?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Interested to see the Titans and Jaguars battle for the AFC South. I really believe with all the great moves by the Jaguars the past 3 years, that Tom Coughlin will get this franchise going this year with the pieces he has. I think the Raiders take a step back this year as Denver and K.C. will fight it out in the AFC West. I'm also very Much interested to watch America's team grow and hopefully and finally make it back to a Super Bowl in the next couple years. I see changes on the horizon coming in the NFc west in the next couple years. Seattle is going in the wrong direction and Carroll has lost his team IMHO, Cardinals getting old. Nobody should fear anyone coming out of this division despite who wins it. NFC South should be real interesting. Ernie says look out for the Saints. He is prediction a Saint - Bills super Bowl, lol.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#5 » by shawn_hemp » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:58 pm

"Look out for the Jaguars this year!"

every TV analyst ever for the past 3 seasons or so
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#6 » by RavenMad31 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:15 am

shawn_hemp wrote:"Look out for the Jaguars this year!"

Around the mid-2000s you could have made the same joke about the Cardinals, but if you keep having good offseasons, you're eventually going to stumble across some success despite your best efforts to live up to the reputation of your franchise.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
2. Eddie Lacy impact 8-)

Why do you hate America?

You would to if you lived in Seattle.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:18 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:"Look out for the Jaguars this year!"

Around the mid-2000s you could have made the same joke about the Cardinals, but if you keep having good offseasons, you're eventually going to stumble across some success despite your best efforts to live up to the reputation of your franchise.

Also - Toss a crumb of recognition to Mike Bidwell for locking his daddy far far away from the decision making process with that team. Billy Bidwell is one of those few football minds that can make Mike Brown look certifiably smart.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
2. Eddie Lacy impact 8-)

Why do you hate America?

You would to if you lived in Seattle.

:biggrin:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm

All joking aside, I'm excited to see the kids on the Cowboys Defense... particularly Awuzie as he is already getting rave reviews as someone who looks like he belongs in the starting lineup on Day 1. Taco going up against Tyron Smith every day should have him ready to go against the second best LT's in the league. Jones is settling into a leadership role in the secondary... the promise of Charles Tapper and the unknown with Jaylon Smith... lots to look forward to.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#11 » by bmurph128 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:46 pm

The Rams offense without Jeff Fisher being the head coach..

And the Seahawks not winning the super bowl...
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by bmurph128 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:52 pm

bleu wrote:It's still a ways out, but I've been getting really excited for this upcoming NFL season lately. What are the storylines/players/teams/etc. that you are most excited to watch this upcoming season?

For me:

The AFC West - To me, this was by far the most entertaining division last year and I feel like it will be this year as well. I've never cared for the Raiders, but I LOVE Derek Carr, and the addition of Beast Mode should make them a very fun team to watch. The Chiefs are my favorite AFC team and I seem them as a well-oiled machine that should continue this year. The Broncos, as much as I hate them, are always good and I enjoy watching them to cheer against them. And the Chargers were probably the most underrated team in the NFL last season.

Can Tommy B keep it rolling? - By all reason and logic, Tom Brady should be at a point of his career where he starts to dip. But that's what everyone said last year and he had one of his greatest seasons yet. I personally think he's got a couple more years in him and that he will have another phenomenal season, but if he does start to regress it opens up the door for the rest of the AFC.

The Panthers offense - Okay, I guess I'm a homer. But I couldn't be more excited to see this offense in action this season. Cam is always fun to watch, JStew and the addition of McCaffery in the backfield, a healthy Kelvin Benjamin, Funchess with a larger role, and now Curtis Samuel at WR. And of course, my favorite player in the league, Greg Olsen. The Panthers D has carried the team for a few years, I think they'll have an offense to match it this year.

Who can get out of the cellar? - Call me crazy, but I love watching the bottom feeders in the league. It's fun to cheer for an underdog and see a team go from garbage to a contender. This season I think a few teams like the Jags, Bears, and even the Browns could see a lot of improvement. Not to the level of a playoff contender or anything crazy like that, but to be at least semi-respectable.

AFC West should be interesting...although the Raiders winning so many close games makes me think that if anything, they'll regress a bit record-wise, even if they are a better overall team. It's the Chiefs division to lose IMO, but I think all four teams will be within 3 games of each other.

Patriots might not lose a game in the regular season...Brandin Cooks (and Gronk if he comes back healthy and stays healthy) is a huge improvement for that offense. AFC East aside from them is still pretty average.

Panthers offense - man, as an OSU fan, Samuel was my favorite guy to watch last year. The Panthers have a ridiculous amount of weapons - we'll just have to see if it's good Cam or bad Cam. This year will probably shape my opinion of Cam as a player.

I don't see the Rams winning much...we have to figure out what we have in Goff, the OL, the WR corps, and figure out which Gurley was the real one. But I'm excited to see this team under a good offensive coach for the first time in forever.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 pm

bmurph128 wrote:The Rams offense without Jeff Fisher being the head coach..

And the Seahawks not winning the super bowl...

:kissmybutt:
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#14 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:27 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
bleu wrote:It's still a ways out, but I've been getting really excited for this upcoming NFL season lately. What are the storylines/players/teams/etc. that you are most excited to watch this upcoming season?

For me:

AFC West should be interesting...although the Raiders winning so many close games makes me think that if anything, they'll regress a bit record-wise, even if they are a better overall team. It's the Chiefs division to lose IMO, but I think all four teams will be within 3 games of each other.

Patriots might not lose a game in the regular season...Brandin Cooks (and Gronk if he comes back healthy and stays healthy) is a huge improvement for that offense. AFC East aside from them is still pretty average.

Panthers offense - man, as an OSU fan, Samuel was my favorite guy to watch last year. The Panthers have a ridiculous amount of weapons - we'll just have to see if it's good Cam or bad Cam. This year will probably shape my opinion of Cam as a player.

I don't see the Rams winning much...we have to figure out what we have in Goff, the OL, the WR corps, and figure out which Gurley was the real one. But I'm excited to see this team under a good offensive coach for the first time in forever.

Damn,BMurph, you're Ohio teams across the board, dodged the bullet by somehow avoiding being a Browns fan and end up a Rams fan. Except for a brief period with Dick Vermeil, that's almost just as masochistic. I'm just glad I didn't end up a Jets fan. The Knicks are bad enough.
I digress. I think the whole AFC West minus the Chargers takes a step back. The Raiders are in a bad situation with their stadium, though I have to admit they are handling it as well as one can so far. Lynch chosing Oakland because they are in Oakland has taken some of the sting off the move, which I feel may be his most important contribution this season. Chiefs added a future QB, not right-now talent, SD should be better and Denver...I have no idea what Denver is doing. Losing Wade Phillips as DC does not improve a team. I know that for a fact.
That was just one thing the Pats did. Don't forget savvy moves to upgrade the secondary and corps of RBs, all at the expense of a division rival.
Cam is a weird cat. He never not had weapons. During his tenure, at their worst, they have had better weapons than what I'm used to having in Baltimore. After a large enough sample size and once you've let the streaks play out, good Cam and bad Cam even out to be average Cam. This is the time in his career where the legs aren't quite as quick and the hits start to sting a little more. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts. He comes off like he doesn't like football when it isn't fun for him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Watching the Sea Chickens regress now that Pete Carroll has lost him team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Watching the Sea Chickens regress now that Pete Carroll has lost him team.

You & Ernie must be miserable every year. :razz:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:07 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Watching the Sea Chickens regress now that Pete Carroll has lost him team.

I'm bored and ready for football. I just like picking on you and your team. :naaa:
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by bmurph128 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 pm

RavenMad31 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

For me:

Damn,BMurph, you're Ohio teams across the board, dodged the bullet by somehow avoiding being a Browns fan and end up a Rams fan. Except for a brief period with Dick Vermeil, that's almost just as masochistic. I'm just glad I didn't end up a Jets fan. The Knicks are bad enough.
I digress. I think the whole AFC West minus the Chargers takes a step back. The Raiders are in a bad situation with their stadium, though I have to admit they are handling it as well as one can so far. Lynch chosing Oakland because they are in Oakland has taken some of the sting off the move, which I feel may be his most important contribution this season. Chiefs added a future QB, not right-now talent, SD should be better and Denver...I have no idea what Denver is doing. Losing Wade Phillips as DC does not improve a team. I know that for a fact.
That was just one thing the Pats did. Don't forget savvy moves to upgrade the secondary and corps of RBs, all at the expense of a division rival.
Cam is a weird cat. He never not had weapons. During his tenure, at their worst, they have had better weapons than what I'm used to having in Baltimore. After a large enough sample size and once you've let the streaks play out, good Cam and bad Cam even out to be average Cam. This is the time in his career where the legs aren't quite as quick and the hits start to sting a little more. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts. He comes off like he doesn't like football when it isn't fun for him.

Lol I did dodge that bullet. I have been alive to watch my favorite sports team win super bowl - but yes, the past 13 years have not been kind..
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:46 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:All joking aside, I'm excited to see the kids on the Cowboys Defense... particularly Awuzie as he is already getting rave reviews as someone who looks like he belongs in the starting lineup on Day 1. Taco going up against Tyron Smith every day should have him ready to go against the second best LT's in the league. Jones is settling into a leadership role in the secondary... the promise of Charles Tapper and the unknown with Jaylon Smith... lots to look forward to.

Training camp just a little over 3 weeks away !!!!!!!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:49 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

I think Arizona will be the team to beat in your Division this year. Sorry ole buddy.

Return to The General NFL Board