ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread IV 

Post#1801 » by Greenie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:who saw the pac movie?
that schit was trash....

who tf picked benny boom as the director? he dont make movies.. he makes music videos :lol:
and he never even met pac in his life...

Looked like trash from the trailers

it did
it looked like the aaliyah movie on lifetime :lol: :lol:

Wendy needs her ass kicked for that movie.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#1802 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Dudes better stop acting Like Mach Hommy and Tha God Fahim is not Fire....

i've been listening to mach a lot lately. there's some older stuff (2013) somebody been putting on youtube recently. real good.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#1803 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:41 pm

bad boy and death row linkin up... lets get it greenie
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1804 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 pm

singleton can suck a big fat one
the rumors that he was gonna start the movie off with pac getting raped in jail and threesomes with afeni shakur were true. young noble from the outlawz wrote it in a long ass post on FB since april. wow
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#1805 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:45 pm

I got a feeling that Illa J is about to drop a classic, all his releases thus far have been awesome.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1806 » by Greenie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:bad boy and death row linkin up... lets get it greenie

Tory needs to stop
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1807 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:52 pm

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:bad boy and death row linkin up... lets get it greenie

Tory needs to stop

8-)
the song is lit
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#1808 » by CoolKids » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:46 pm

what chall think of big fish? I thought it was solid. Vince one of the realest out there and def the funniest
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1809 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:55 am

i feel like i had to share this with yall

**** diddy
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,487

Post#1810 » by j4remi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Sprint is giving 6 months free Tidal...I'ma be bumping Jay-Z today to see how this now album is.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1811 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm

CoolKids wrote:what chall think of big fish? I thought it was solid. Vince one of the realest out there and def the funniest

I like it a lot, but he definitely missed the mark on a few tracks. Some of the music was great, some of it was straight up hard on the ears.

Samo, 745, Homage, and Big Fish all fire though. Vince is one of the brightest minds in hip-hop and is wise beyond his years, even though we're the same age. Always feel like I'm being educated when he speaks. I miss the old Vince, but i respect his growth.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1812 » by j4remi » Mon Jul 3, 2017 1:08 pm

Jay's rich dad, poor dad bars are refreshing. First time in a long time that he's managed to brag about his wealth while still being relatable as he talks about wanting to leave a legacy, not being able to treat his lady right and the way he wants to guide the younger generation of rappers. No ID KILLED it in production. My favorite Jay album since Black album personally. Knicks fans at the Coli bodied me with this
obarth wrote:Phat nikka, French nikka, Spanish nikka, Latvian nikka, Still Knickas - NY Knicks 2017-18 Season Thread

You wanna know what's more important than throwin' away money for an 8th seed?

Draft picks
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1813 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 3, 2017 1:35 pm

j4remi wrote:Jay's rich dad, poor dad bars are refreshing. First time in a long time that he's managed to brag about his wealth while still being relatable as he talks about wanting to leave a legacy, not being able to treat his lady right and the way he wants to guide the younger generation of rappers. No ID KILLED it in production. My favorite Jay album since Blackout personally. Knicks fans at the Coli bodied me with this
obarth wrote:Phat nikka, French nikka, Spanish nikka, Latvian nikka, Still Knickas - NY Knicks 2017-18 Season Thread

You wanna know what's more important than throwin' away money for an 8th seed?

Draft picks

Remi,

I'm hype you brought this point up. I was telling my boys last night that 4:44 is essentially the Blueprint 4. Now that he's in his mid 40's, his moves are next level. The album was filled with game. A lot of rich dad, poor dad blueprints in terms of valuing assets. VERY happy with this Hov project. My favorite since Black album as well. Not even close.
Brooklyn Nets
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1814 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Jul 3, 2017 1:41 pm

Jay Z has a message but his lyrics are TIRED ON THIS outside of two joints. I got caught up in liking the message, but outside of The Story of OJ and the one with Marley This album is Buns Lyrically and flow wise. This album is kinda overrated. Jay Z is LAAAAAAAZY.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1815 » by j4remi » Mon Jul 3, 2017 1:52 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Jay Z has a message but his lyrics are TIRED ON THIS outside of two joints. I got caught up in liking the message, but outside of The Story of OJ and the one with Marley This album is Buns Lyrically and flow wise. This album is kinda overrated. Jay Z is LAAAAAAAZY.

I'd mentioned on twitter that I still got American Gangster close to this in terms of post Black Album work because I think AG is lyrically his best stuff since the first retirement. BUT, in terms of timing, messaging and production...I really like the album. The simplicity actually made it easier to run a few tracks through at 4th of July parties for me. Caught Their Eyes is attention grabbing as hell and Marcy Me nostalgia lyrics are great.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1816 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:16 pm

j4remi wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Jay Z has a message but his lyrics are TIRED ON THIS outside of two joints. I got caught up in liking the message, but outside of The Story of OJ and the one with Marley This album is Buns Lyrically and flow wise. This album is kinda overrated. Jay Z is LAAAAAAAZY.

I'd mentioned on twitter that I still got American Gangster close to this in terms of post Black Album work because I think AG is lyrically his best stuff since the first retirement. BUT, in terms of timing, messaging and production...I really like the album. The simplicity actually made it easier to run a few tracks through at 4th of July parties for me. Caught Their Eyes is attention grabbing as hell and Marcy Me nostalgia lyrics are great.

For casuals dudes and young cats who can't absorb high lyrical content it will be beyond good, but Lyrically and production wise it dont do it for me. I like the message, but Jay Z has lost mad speed off his Fast ball. The CD version better have like 5 extra tracks, cause 10 is Weak sauce for his caliber. I am willing to bet NAs upcoming Album will blow this away, and won't even get close to the Fan Fare that Jay Z is getting. Dudes is acting like NAS has not already been saying this schit. :lol:
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1817 » by Mecca » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:21 pm

Y'all up on this?

Absolutely fire. Nickel Nine really a legend.

Brooklyn Nets
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,912

Post#1818 » by god shammgod » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:26 pm

i'm with illmatic. listened to it once and trashed it. jay got things to say but the way he says it, the production....it's boring. but like i said in another thread. he's been washed for a decade. in general, you only have so many years at your creative peak. that goes for all genres of music. he's had longer than most. but it's beyond over.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1819 » by j4remi » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:41 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:For casuals dudes and young cats who can't absorb high lyrical content it will be beyond good, but Lyrically and production wise it dont do it for me. I like the message, but Jay Z has lost mad speed off his Fast ball. The CD version better have like 5 extra tracks, cause 10 is Weak sauce for his caliber. I am willing to bet NAs upcoming Album will blow this away, and won't even get close to the Fan Fare that Jay Z is getting. Dudes is acting like NAS has not already been saying this schit. :lol:

Album reminds me of going to see Jordan with the Wizards live. It was obvious it wasn't prime MJ but he would hit a post up to a turn around and it was still a nicer move than most players in the league and the nostalgia factor made it worth the admission even if I wasn't witnessing the same player anymore.

For someone who kicks it with a lot of casuals, I can get this album off and I'll be happy. Otherwise Chance is the best music I'm listening to at some of these cookouts...not to hate on Chance but the BEST!? You're right with Nas too, off top the reflection and maturity aspects of 4:44 seem like they borrow from Nas' Life is Good grown man ish...I still bump that album.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1820 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Jul 3, 2017 2:46 pm

j4remi wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:For casuals dudes and young cats who can't absorb high lyrical content it will be beyond good, but Lyrically and production wise it dont do it for me. I like the message, but Jay Z has lost mad speed off his Fast ball. The CD version better have like 5 extra tracks, cause 10 is Weak sauce for his caliber. I am willing to bet NAs upcoming Album will blow this away, and won't even get close to the Fan Fare that Jay Z is getting. Dudes is acting like NAS has not already been saying this schit. :lol:

Album reminds me of going to see Jordan with the Wizards live. It was obvious it wasn't prime MJ but he would hit a post up to a turn around and it was still a nicer move than most players in the league and the nostalgia factor made it worth the admission even if I wasn't witnessing the same player anymore.

For someone who kicks it with a lot of casuals, I can get this album off and I'll be happy. Otherwise Chance is the best music I'm listening to at some of these cookouts...not to hate on Chance but the BEST!? You're right with Nas too, off top the reflection and maturity aspects of 4:44 seem like they borrow from Nas' Life is Good grown man ish...I still bump that album.

I feel you bro. I LOVE THE IMPACT its having most def. Its sparked a lot of convo.

Return to New York Knicks